Sign in to follow this  
canis lupus

Post-Apocalypse mod

Can't wait, been hoping for this mod to be ported.

If my name doesn't give it away "Apocalypse" games are my favorites :)

Heres an ARMA1 addon that seems to work for ARMA 2.

"Simbas buildings" on arma info. http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=0&cat=news&id=766

Best wishes for you and you family.

Edited by Soldier of Anarchy

Heres an ARMA1 addon that seems to work for ARMA 2.

"Simbas buildings" on arma info. http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=0&cat=news&id=766

Problem with Simbas pack is that many of them are not complete. He didn't get most of them past place holding status. I had done some work on them for what was to be the Australia Island (with permission of course) but the job was simply too large and we ended up dumping the pack in the end.

I still have the pack with all my improvements but there are still many gaps and I realy don't have the time to do anything with it.

Edit: I just did a search and re-read our corespondance. He said I could do whatever I liked to the pack. And He hasn't posted on these forums for over a year now. Maybe I could put together all the non bugged and completed stuff for a smaller pack, but it won't be for 3-5 weeks and not high priority, ie. no promises.

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker

Yes, do it! Those are some of the best wrecked buildings ever created!

thanks everyone

so far buildings is pretty much in the hands of IceBreakr since he is making an island and I'm not.. yet

right now I'm working on some new units and a few objects

I decided that the remnant us forces was too simple and sort of predictable then I saw this movie about the cold war effects in the us and the civil defence that was established at that time and thought those could be better they are fictional though they look like army soldiers but has the civil defence batch on the sleeves I'll post some screenshots as soon as I can.. funeral is on friday so might not be before next week though..

thanks everyone

so far buildings is pretty much in the hands of IceBreakr since he is making an island and I'm not.. yet

right now I'm working on some new units and a few objects

I decided that the remnant us forces was too simple and sort of predictable then I saw this movie about the cold war effects in the us and the civil defence that was established at that time and thought those could be better they are fictional though they look like army soldiers but has the civil defence batch on the sleeves I'll post some screenshots as soon as I can.. funeral is on friday so might not be before next week though..

What about a military faction made of the remenants of NATO forces, that way you could get a good mix of camos and weapons.

would be a good idea.. i didn't intend to make this an american based mod anyways it's just that I already had usable textures for them so it was pretty easy to get them started.. I can't say when I can get to it but I will put it on my to do list for sure... a really worn down UN helmet would be awesome..

sorry I've been a bit quiet a few days my grandfather just died so there has been quite a bit to take care of..

@canis lupus

I just read back a few posts... sorry to hear about your grandfather man. Good to hear you'll be there at the funeral to honor him. Best wishes, hang in there.

Depending on where your mod takes place, vilas's armor packs could work well with an apocalyptic mod.

To bad ARMA2 doesn't have a simple way of transferring individual rounds/ammo from vehicles. Might be cool to scramble around scrounging for ammo and weapons like we did in OFPres.

First screens of the Civil defence and some scenery, a wall and a shelter

civdef1.jpg

civdef2.jpg

The first screen reminds me a bit of the junk yard in Stalker :)

Wow! This looks REALLY good. I'm so glad someone is taking on a mod like this. I really am eagerly awaiting the first release of this...and IceBreakR's Island to go along with it. I hope he opens up a thread about it soon and shows us some screen shots. :D

would be a good idea.. i didn't intend to make this an american based mod anyways it's just that I already had usable textures for them so it was pretty easy to get them started.. I can't say when I can get to it but I will put it on my to do list for sure... a really worn down UN helmet would be awesome..

I gotta say, I am totally loving the looks of this mod. I've been writing a Twilight 2000 campaign and this would be the perfect setting for it.

Nice job!

just a small update.. didn't make as much progress as I would have liked but it'll come soon..

brick1.jpg

Nice work! Got to say ,the teddy bear wearing females gave the ARMA1 mod a real gritty feeling. Will there be females?

I remember the propane bomb from your first mod, any chance we could set up a "Barrack buster" mortar with em?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrack_buster

And last ,did your first mod have Molotov cocktails? I can't remember anymore ....damn Fallout 3 mods must be leaking into my memories :)

I'm hoping on a return of the female with the teddy bear I got some models lined up but I have some trouble with the heads once they are in game the normal male head is also on the model and I can't figure out how to remove it

Any possible ETA on a beta release?

I'm hoping on a return of the female with the teddy bear I got some models lined up but I have some trouble with the heads once they are in game the normal male head is also on the model and I can't figure out how to remove it

Look for the selection "proxy/bysta001" (or sth. like that) in the first two lods.This selection contains the arma2 head so you just have to delete its contents.

the sad thing is that the ArmA2 female heads cant be added by proxy but are parts of the female civs models itself, so you couldnt add these to any custom unit at all... :mad: (thanks BIS) .

Edited by Icewindo

thanks Icewindo I'll get on it straight away.. I suppose BIS will release the mlods at some point but untill then I just have to use what I got..

don't know about an ETA yet but a mounth or two I think it has enough struckture for a beta

last few days progress

added some more details on the units

ne1c.jpg

the first female model the head is working so now I can start working on a propper body for them they don't fit in the the standard ones

ne2v.jpg

ne3.jpg

the first civilian is done.. this is one doing good, I'll make some that has found good clothing and such and some similar to the wasteland warriors.. nomad style or something like that.

ne4h.jpg

and yet another new order barrier with a catwalk for sentries

ne5.jpg

Whooot! This is great! :)

niiiice, lovin the progress so far :)