Sign in to follow this  
canis lupus

Post-Apocalypse mod

just had a look at the stadium it looks absolutely amazing it would be perfect to have on the map..

I'm not sure how long before I can release anything but there is going to be a release without the map because thats what will take the longest to make and the rest can easily be used without it what I've shown so far is only about a mounths work so who knows in another mounth or two a lot can happen...

An additional wasteland warrior.. just before I call it a day..

ww2yv.jpg

Edited by canis lupus

Woooooaaaah this guys look amazing new4a.jpg Can't wait! BTW Im feel inspirations on this apocalypse movie "The Road"

theroadfirstphoto.jpg

the-road-movie-05.jpg

This keeps getting more and more awesome! Keep going! Keep going! I am more excited about this mod than any other right now!

Well, then there's the DAC... but that goes without saying. These two together will be the perfect marriage indeed! :D

I was actually going to say to take some walks around the fallout 3 world for inspiration on the map. I think they got the "ravaged by aging and radiation, but not necessarily bombs" look down pat. And give the freedom fighters and new order maybe some mix-ins of old BDU's. Especially new order, considering they seem to be the "civilized" of the factions.

My two cents.

@LiberNull777

Never seen the road but thanks for the pictures they are exactly what I need .. wounder if its possible to make units push a shopping cart..

and ofcourse I'll have to find that movie it looks cool...

I'm working on some "leftovers" from old armies like BDU and ACU wich I think alawys fit in a post-apocalyptic scene... I'm just not sure where to put the at the moment, naturally the freedom fighters wil use some pants and jackets, like the tigerstripe one, but I was thinking about making a new faction based on a remnant force of the U.S. Army in ACU..

I found plenty of inspiration in fallout3 its not what the mod will be but some scenes on the map fits in so I might run through it again and take some screenshots to help me out with objects later on..

right now I', just focusing on the wasteland warriors and a few objects, a teddybear and a doll

Edited by canis lupus

I would normally be glad to help you, but my pc runs at a maximum operating rate of 0%. It won't even start.

@Canis lupus - yea im recommend you this great movie. Im thinks its gone perfect fits on your mod.

Sorry for my english

Having read and loved the book "The Road", I waited with eager anticipation for release of the movie version... and (due to limited release) the damn theaters would not even show the movie in my major metropolitan area. I would have had to drive all the way to Chicago to see it at the theater! What is wrong with our world population anyway, when they don't want to see the awesome result of apocalyptic mass-destruction??? :p

... but I was thinking about making a new faction based on a remnant force of the U.S. Army in ACU..

Yes, I was imagining this!!! Only at first I was thinking about mixing your new factions with the standard "clean" U.S. in ACU... this latest news of remnant US force is many times better!

Hopefully some remnant Russians too? Now I can hear an Abandoned Armies remake calling... :)

Also, would you say that a high percentage of your units work well only in cold weather (with coats, etc)? The reason I ask is this recent marvel of jungle and ruins that is potentially an ideal post-apocalyptic setting.

The revolution in Russia in 1917 comes to mind reading that post, the different factions warring against one another. I'd definitely like to see something like Anarchist/Extreme Leftist faction in game, you look at what is happening in Europe today in some places..

Really amazing soldiers. And after i read that Icebreaker is going to build a postapocalyptic island i just cant wait for things going on... ;-)

reminds me of fallout3 abit, good potential for a campaign

The art design from Fallout 3 was reportedly inspired to an extent by The Road (the book that is). Looking nice so far mate, could have some real potential.

Hooray! He's back!

Awesome stuff man, I hope to see some releases soon. Did you manage to fix the "no wound textures" bug, since that was kind of the biggest problem with your old units? What language(s) are you going to have them speak, incidentally - Russian, Czech, English? Just as an aside.

Keep it up!

Regards,

Wolfrug

The art design from Fallout 3 was reportedly inspired to an extent by The Road (the book that is).

Im think it's more inspired on MadMax movies if you talking about Fallout's

Did you manage to fix the "no wound textures" bug, since that was kind of the biggest problem with your old units?

The mimics (facial expressions) also didn't work for them, which was sad. Also they had problems with handguns (pistol) but I don't remember what exactly the problem was.

yeah I remeber the wound textures was a pain back then but I'm happy to say that they all work this time...

I'm not to sure about the faces though I'll have to take a look at that..

I have to get the languages fixed they seems to speak pretty much whatever they like, not sure why yet.. sounds kinda funny though and perhaps it would be right for the resistance might give the feeling that they would be from different countries or so.. but of course remnant us forces should speak english and I was thinking english for the new order aswell

yeah I remeber the wound textures was a pain back then but I'm happy to say that they all work this time...

I'm not to sure about the faces though I'll have to take a look at that..

I have to get the languages fixed they seems to speak pretty much whatever they like, not sure why yet.. sounds kinda funny though and perhaps it would be right for the resistance might give the feeling that they would be from different countries or so.. but of course remnant us forces should speak english and I was thinking english for the new order aswell

Canis, the language is setup in the base soldier configs, so the language will depend on the soldier you base all your soldiers on.

As my paramilitary units were based on CHdkz units, they wouldn't speak English either with their initial base config, so I just arranged the config like this:

class CfgVehicles

{

class All;

class AllVehicles;

class ThingEffect;

class Land;

class CAManBase;

class USMC_Soldier2 ;

class ice_paramil_rifleman_ak: USMC_Soldier2 {

(...)

side = 2;

(...)

This way the units will speak English, but stay on Independent. As a side effect you will have black and white people alike active now, also with glasses.

To disable the glasses and camo heads you can just put this into the cfg line of every soldier based on USMC_Soldier2:

identityTypes[] = {"Head_USMC"};

Edited by Icewindo

thanks that should help alot..

yeah the identety types are under controle.. but I'm not sure how to disable the glasses though and some units look very silly with glasses...

Edited by canis lupus

The units look great. I am already imagining some possible missions to make. Hope to see them soon!

it will take a while for the mod to be finished.. But I'm going to release a beta before too long basicly containig the units and a few objects

this is just a few of the many many objects that are on the way...

paobj3.jpg

well.. couldn't help myself..

paobj2.jpg

God i am excited now. I had 100 ideas of what i could do with this just pop up in my head!

Looking great canis lupus, quite liked the A1 release aswell, especialy the way they felt like civies who were just doin thier best, with nothing uniform about them. Reminded me a lot of Red Dawn.

Ah, Canis, now I remembered the last "major" bug with the A1 units: The lips movement when talking did not work (and yes, I had those .lip files). Do they work already in your new work?

Keep it up! :)

forgot about all that but just looked into it and yes they work just fine, it slightlu different editing units for arma2 and in some ways.. blood textures faces, expressions etc. its a lot easier it pretty much just work by itself..

I would love to make a trailer movie but if if I try my framerate is so low it going to be a very bad one, would have been awesome to have ArmaVidz make a trailer for this one aswell.. wounder what happened to him..