Sign in to follow this  
Oligo

Bush presses for economic sanctions

Hey egotist, why don't you spare us the rather unsuccessful attempts at sarcasm and instead make your point. Maybe we need to hear from a world-renowned historian, economic expert, and a well-experienced politican such as yourself. After all, you said it yourself that it's us who are ignorant.

Lol, guy cracks me up biggrin.gif

its common sense. How long do you think it takes for policy to take effect? -3 months? wow.gif LOL

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ April 17 2002,17:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You shouldn't blame the U.S. public too much, since more people did vote for Gore than Bush. It's just that U.S. election system considers the votes given by the citizens of certain states to be more important than the ones given by citizens of other states. Thus, over half of the U.S. population did not vote for Bush and so are not to blame for his idiotic actions.<span id='postcolor'>

True the public of a nation should not be blamed for the action of their government. But if they blindly follow their government like that they are probably just as bad. But of course I know not EVERYONE is like this. At least I hope so.

Didn't the court just put Bush in office? I watched the whole election but the ending bit didn't really seem democratic. Or maybe it was. I live in a democracy myself and sometimes it seems like a democratic country is not very democratic. Especially when it makes restrictions on certain things if any.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ April 17 2002,17:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Even as an American citizen, I also agree that George Bush is by far one of the dumbest presidents ever.

The guy can't even keep a straight face for Christ's sake.  I mean you look at Kennedy, Nixon, or even Clinton, and you knew you wouldn't wanna fuck with them.  

But Bush is like a little Texas hillbilly redneck with a shotgun in his mouth, speaking with a foul slacked jaw yokel accent, guarding his cows in a ranch.  And this is the guy the much praised (?) American public voted for.  

I think he should leave such important matters to those who have been propertly educated.<span id='postcolor'>

So being a hillbilly is a bad thing? And putting redneck and hillbilly in the same sentence shows your understanding of culture, as they are slangs for two quite different groups of people. If you would attempt to read American history you would note alot of notable people have orginated from the area of "speaking with a foul slacked jaw yokel accent".

And to Hardliner;

Much like true communsim, true democracy does not exist. Its called humanity- greed, vanity, and our thirst for power will forever prevent this.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RedRogue @ April 17 2002,19:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ April 17 2002,17:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Even as an American citizen, I also agree that George Bush is by far one of the dumbest presidents ever.

The guy can't even keep a straight face for Christ's sake.  I mean you look at Kennedy, Nixon, or even Clinton, and you knew you wouldn't wanna fuck with them.  

But Bush is like a little Texas hillbilly redneck with a shotgun in his mouth, speaking with a foul slacked jaw yokel accent, guarding his cows in a ranch.  And this is the guy the much praised (?) American public voted for.  

I think he should leave such important matters to those who have been propertly educated.<span id='postcolor'>

So being a hillbilly is a bad thing? And putting redneck and hillbilly in the same sentence shows your understanding of culture, as they are slangs for two quite different groups of people. If you would attempt to read American history you would note alot of notable people have orginated from the area of "speaking with a foul slacked jaw yokel accent".

And to Hardliner;

Much like true communsim, true democracy does not exist. Its  called humanity- greed, vanity, and our thirst for power will forever prevent this.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah I guess there is no such thing as one given idoligy. I don't believe in following any of them regardless of the picture in my signature. It just looks good thats all.

Im from texas.. am I redneck? am I a hillbilly?.. no.. fuck you assholes.. fuck you very very much..

what makes bush a redneck? he has a ranch?.. have any of you seen his "ranch".. its like a fucking resort.. VERY VERY posh place.. oh wait it has some horses.. ah yes horses=redneck.. so all euros that do steeplechase are rednecks too..

hmm what else to make him a redneck?.. ohh yea he talks with that wierd sothern twang.. wait.. no he doesent..

lets see what makes him so dumb..

hmm maby it is his bachelor's degree from Yale.. or maby its his Masters degree of Business Administration from Harvard Business.. or wait maby being an F-102 pilot did it... umm maby making enough money to buy his own baseball team made him dumb...... maby it was becomming the first Texas Governor to be elected to consecutive four-year terms on November 3, 1998, winning 68.6 percent of the vote that turned him stupid..

oh wait.. I remember now... it was because he couldent name a few obscure world figures that I doube any of you could have either (I couldent)...

or maby its time to make up some more "bushisms" and laugh at those..

did you know that every day enough NEW bushisms surface on the net that for them to all be real GW would have to be talking constantly about 18 hours 7 days a week and every singlke word would have to be a bushism.. also about 80% of the so called "real" ones were actually said by Ross Perot (wierdo)

seeing as how he was an ultra successful businessman and as president has the highest approval rate IN HISTORY EVER.. hes probably alot smarter than 99% of you twits, dipshits and morons ever hope to be.. so maby shut yer ignorant yappers a smidge eh?

ROFL!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

wobble...all i needed to do was to imagine u saying all this!

oh god that was funny!

chill man, have a beer! ur nerves will burn out at this rate!

way to go! smile.gif

Do you know redneck is a racist slur ? What if i called all arabic people rag heads ? or nuke them stupid ragheads.Those ragheads need to burn? those ragheads are nothing but cousin fuc***s smile.gif...anyways just trying get my point across.

Anyways who cares about bush,i sure don't smile.gif .He probably is a redneck though smile.gif..But i don't care,he is who he is.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ April 17 2002,15:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im from texas.. am I redneck? am I a hillbilly?.. no.. fuck you assholes.. fuck you very very much..

what makes bush a redneck? he has a ranch?.. have any of you seen his "ranch".. its like a fucking resort.. VERY VERY posh place.. oh wait it has some horses.. ah yes horses=redneck.. so all euros that do steeplechase are rednecks too..

hmm what else to make him a redneck?.. ohh yea he talks with that wierd sothern twang.. wait.. no he doesent..

lets see what makes him so dumb..

hmm maby it is his bachelor's degree from Yale.. or maby its his Masters degree of Business Administration from Harvard Business.. or wait maby being an F-102 pilot did it... umm   maby making enough money to buy his own baseball team made him dumb......  maby it was becomming the first Texas Governor to be elected to consecutive four-year terms on November 3, 1998, winning 68.6 percent of the vote that turned him stupid..

oh wait.. I remember now... it was because he couldent name a few obscure world figures that I doube any of you could have either (I couldent)...

or maby its time to make up some more "bushisms" and laugh at those..

did you know that every day enough NEW bushisms surface on the net that for them to all be real GW would have to be talking constantly about 18 hours 7 days a week and every singlke word would have to be a bushism.. also about 80% of the so called "real" ones were actually said by Ross Perot (wierdo)

seeing as how he was an ultra successful businessman and as president has the highest approval rate IN HISTORY EVER.. hes probably alot smarter than 99% of you twits, dipshits and morons ever hope to be.. so maby shut yer ignorant yappers a smidge eh?<span id='postcolor'>

... mmmm. No. I still think he's quite dumb. And yes, everyone who lives in the mid-American states is a hillbilly with a foul slacked jaw yokel accent. No horse required. Are you one of those folks, yet ! biggrin.gif Nothing to be ashamed of.. After all, I remember a good quote from the Simpsons that precisely describes you people:

*guy and girl and making out in the back of a pick up truck*

Girlfriend: "Cletus, why'd ya have to park so close to ma' parents."

Cletus: "Now now, honey, they's ma' parents too."

Bush could have graduated any school in the world. That doesn't impress me. The mere fact that his daddy was the president could have gotten him anywhere in life.

He's just stupid. I mean look at the guy. Look what he says, look how he says it. Examine his ideas. The guy is a moron.

If I met him in real life I'd say ".. Well hot damn boy, take that shovel and freshen that soil.. Them cotton fields need work"

Then I'd probably slap him once or twice to get those cheeks of his even redder.

Lol, I just love insulting people.. Wobble you should also know that i've been yanking your chain for a while now. lol.. I find human mind very interesting and I take great interest in studying how it responds to different types of stimuli. Just now for example, I have gotten to know you better by examining your rather aggressive response.

... wanna have a beer biggrin.gif ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ April 17 2002,21:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmm maby it is his bachelor's degree from Yale.. <span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, on a scholarship that his daddy bought.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">or maby its his Masters degree of Business Administration from Harvard Business<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, on a scholarship that his daddy bought.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">.. or wait maby being an F-102 pilot did it... <span id='postcolor'>

In the National Guard, avoiding Vietnam. Very nice indeed.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">  maby making enough money to buy his own baseball team made him dumb......  <span id='postcolor'>

With daddys money.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">umm maby it was becomming the first Texas Governor to be elected to consecutive four-year terms on November 3, 1998, winning 68.6 percent of the vote that turned him stupid..

<span id='postcolor'>

Who ever said that voters are smart?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">did you know that every day enough NEW bushisms surface on the net that for them to all be real GW would have to be talking constantly about 18 hours 7 days a week and every singlke word would have to be a bushism<span id='postcolor'>

There are quite a few famous ones. My favourite must be:

"Teach a child to read and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."

But I admit,  Dan Quayle is still the unchallenged master in that area.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

seeing as how he was an ultra successful businessman and as <span id='postcolor'>

No, actually not. His father was a very successful businessman. W was mediocre at best.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

president has the highest approval rate IN HISTORY EVER.. <span id='postcolor'>

Yes, and if the terroists had blown up Los Angeles as well, he would be even more popular.

What a trade down from Clinton! The only comfort is that Bush has some at least half-competent advisors. He seems like a nice person (if you overlook his Texas killing spree), but that doesn't make him smart.

Edit: After a search on google with "Bushism" this came up (I wasn't aware that such a term existed, until Wobble pointed it out)

gwb_stamps.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">president has the highest approval rate IN HISTORY EVER.. <span id='postcolor'>

Only because there is a war.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">.. or wait maby being an F-102 pilot did it...

In the National Guard, avoiding Vietnam. Very nice indeed.

<span id='postcolor'>

That's soo true,I remember seeing something tv about how hard it was to get in the national guard at that time.But somehow he got in,i wonder.. smile.gif

When i seen some right wing reports about how gore had all these body guards and stuff in vietnam,when he went.But atleast he went.

Bush sr did help bush jr now,no question about it.You can say no he didn't ,but really he got alot of help from his father.Did he buy his degrees ? I don't know,and don't care,if money help him get through college ,good for him.My point is life is going fuc* you all the time,always try to take the easy way out. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ April 17 2002,14:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">president has the highest approval rate IN HISTORY EVER.. <span id='postcolor'>

Only because there is a war.<span id='postcolor'>

And is this the first and only war the US has ever been in?

The only stupid thing he has done was to trade Sammy Sosa to the White Soxs. biggrin.gif

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ April 17 2002,23:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ April 17 2002,14:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">president has the highest approval rate IN HISTORY EVER.. <span id='postcolor'>

Only because there is a war.<span id='postcolor'>

And is this the first and only war the US has ever been in?

The only stupid thing he has done was to trade Sammy Sosa to the White Soxs. biggrin.gif

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it was kinda,most of the time we go fight someone else war.This is an american war,not 2 european countries fighting it out and we gotta go break them up before that war spreads,or a oil war,i do love cheap oil though.But when you see someone come to america hit us like they did,you better believe we people going back up whoever is in office and kick their ass.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ April 17 2002,16:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But when you see someone come to america hit us like they did,you better believe we people going back up whoever is in office and kick their ass.<span id='postcolor'>

Pearl Harbor, December 7th, 1941

-=Die Alive=-

big differece.One attacked a navy base,the other attack only the wtc and pentagon.

plus it got us in ww2 quicker,and the public agreed with the war also.plus president was big at that time too. also new york is the truly main land.

But after both attactks, the public support for the president went up, as well as the population's support of military actions against the attackers.

-=Die Alive=-

Please, America has arrived late during every world war. They didn't try to stop Hitler until the Japs attacked Pearl Harbor (spare me the lecture where America sent supplies to Britain. They weren't giving the British anything, merely "lending" it)

nevermind.........

yeah,we did enter late and all the other crap.. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ April 17 2002,18:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you clearly don't understand what the electoral college is.  Thanks for your ignorance.<span id='postcolor'>

That's right I don't. But can you explain me why Bush won, even when Gore got more votes? Because the votes were cast in wrong states?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ April 18 2002,00:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They didn't try to stop Hitler until the Japs attacked Pearl Harbor (spare me the lecture where America sent supplies to Britain.  They weren't giving the British anything, merely "lending" it)<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah if Japan didn't attack USA Hitler might have or most likey would have won. If Japan atttacked USSR instead the Axis would have won it. USA was like Stalin in 1939, wanted to avoid war. It didn't work out for either of them.

Yeah your right about them "lending it" thats why it was called "Lend Lease" also sent to USSR.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ April 18 2002,17:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ April 18 2002,00:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They didn't try to stop Hitler until the Japs attacked Pearl Harbor (spare me the lecture where America sent supplies to Britain.  They weren't giving the British anything, merely "lending" it)<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah if Japan didn't attack USA Hitler might have or most likey would have won. If Japan atttacked USSR instead the Axis would have won it. USA was like Stalin in 1939, wanted to avoid war. It didn't work out for either of them.

Yeah your right about them "lending it" thats why it was called "Lend Lease" also sent to USSR.<span id='postcolor'>

I just want to correct something here because I think it is important to know! Hitler declared war on America and not the other way around!

Besides that, I am realy impressed by the power to survive the British had during WWII. I dont talk about glorious soldiers here and stuff, but it was shaking for the Germans to see how little bombs and rockets could do against England. Everyone always said England is like a cat, it just needs one more hit, then it will be dead. But after bombs and bombs nothing happened, curchill did not give up, in other words: this cat realy realy takes more hits to die than we can ever do"! Germany flew so regularly their bomb-attacks that the people didnt have much time to leave the cellar, except when the weather was so bad that no attacks could be flown. Without this resistance the Americans could not have attacked Germany. When the Germans gave up to conquer England the Brits were able to offer their country as a carrier for american aircrafts.

Ok Albert Schweizer I understand, I know Hitler declared war on America but wouldn't that be because of the alliance with Japan? Hitler made alot of foolish mistakes that cost them, Also in the Battle of Britain some believed that if Germany had kept on bombing the airfields instead of foolishly going after London the RAF would have been smashed anyway, allowing operation Sealion to go ahead.

Ok slightly offtopic here.. I just have an interest in ww2 and know more about that than current things.

Germany didnt have the assests to maintain a beachhead in britain. Sealion was an illusion.

by the way, as i said somewhere before. if the USA wouldnt enter the war whole wurope would be red now. germany wouldnt win the USSR any way.