Sign in to follow this  
Jnoble

Question on artillery in BE Warfare, please help

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but i'm currently in Afghanistan and the internet is less than adequate. Every page takes a lifetime to load. So anyways, I found the BE warfare mod for Arma2 and I thought "damn, i was having fun with warfare mode already, but this is great!". Well, it IS great, until i try to do a successful fire mission. A typical scenario is this:

1. I buy 3 Howitzers. I put a rifleman in each. I go into the command menu/special/ then i set a fire mission and my impact area. Then i call for fire. The guns turn, they fire alot of rounds, then nothing. They never land. A buddy of mine plays warfare BE with me here via LAN, and he never sees it fall, and even when i try mortars within eyesight, still no impacts.

I've googled this issue and i've found nothing. All I know is that artillery fires fine, but never explodes. Seems like the same thing with 203 flares when i shoot them. They shoot out, but never pop. Does anyone know how i can fix this? I'm really ready to bring down some steel rain, and the guns firing is just a really big tease at this point. Thanks in advance.

are you putting them in as gunner ? when i play it i build them and they are automatically given an AI gunner you either have to get your AI in before this one jumps in or shoot him (losing money for TK) and make your guy get in as gunner.. if your AI is in any other position EG. commander the arty will act as you decribe and fire but not land anywhere

Hey, thanks for the quick reply.

I put them in as gunner. I've tried that, i've tried putting 3 of my guys in each gun, still nothing. they fire, but they do not land and explode.

To be honest i'm not exactly sure, but i can tell you the file name because i have it here on my thumb drive. Itr WarfareV2_056Lite.saralite.pbo. I put that in my MP missions folder.

*I'd like to add that I have the latest official patch for Arma2 as well. the 1.05 one. Other than that, I don't really have any other mods besides BE warfare. Is there something else I need to download maybe?

Edited by Jnoble

same version i'm using other than the ACE variant so it should work ok

theres a warfare BE thread , maybe ask in there and someone may be able to help you better..

the BI artillery module is also built in so you could use that until you get the scripted stuff working with the AI, although you'll your m8 to spot for you and give you corrections also you won't have as much firepower..

I posted it there as well. thanks for the recommendation. However, like I said, with the net here it's hard to go from page to page, so if anyone has an answer to this and can help me here as well, please, i'm all ears. And thanks again Wheres my rabbit.

Hi Jnoble, i think you must play BE Warfare with a dedicated server. I have the same problem a month ago because I was hosting the game in the same computer I was playing. When I change to a dedicated server the problem was solved. Hope it helps you with your problem.

Ok, guess i'll have to wait and try when i get back home. Thanks.

Wrong place to post these questions. This section reads "ADDONS & MODS COMPLETE" wich means its for releasing addons and mods that are complete for download and use.

Better ask questions in the specific thread like in this case ask in Benny's Warfare thread. Youll make moderators grumpy this way. ;)