Sign in to follow this  
cri74

[Operation Cold Respose] Latest pictures and video

This would be more appropriate in the offtopic section. ;)

Yup defiantly to the offtopic section.

Nice pictures and video non the less. Can someone explain to me what kind of leo is in picture 13. I cant read that language :o.

seems like a really interesting idea. First time i have seen a tank used in recon in such a way, if that is indeed what it is for.

Yup defiantly to the offtopic section.

Nice pictures and video non the less. Can someone explain to me what kind of leo is in picture 13. I cant read that language :o.

seems like a really interesting idea. First time i have seen a tank used in recon in such a way, if that is indeed what it is for.

It's a leopard II tank, that part should be easy to read and incidentally also the only part that describes the actual nature of the tank :)

It looks like a Norwegian Leopard 2A6 (they bought them 2nd hand from the Netherlands). The camera in the barrel is for simulating the firing of the main gun, similar to the Miles system for small arms (the yellow objects on the breach of small arms). The camo net is pretty standard. Don't really see how you thought the tank is involved in recon tasks.

It looks like a Norwegian Leopard 2A6 (they bought them 2nd hand from the Netherlands). The camera in the barrel is for simulating the firing of the main gun, similar to the Miles system for small arms (the yellow objects on the breach of small arms). The camo net is pretty standard. Don't really see how you thought the tank is involved in recon tasks.

actually its the Camera that threw me off there :D. didn't know that such a method exists to simulate tank firing.

Thanks for the info.

actually its the Camera that threw me off there :D. didn't know that such a method exists to simulate tank firing.

Thanks for the info.

The tanks (modeled on top of cars) at airsoft event Berget uses a simular system in fact :P