Sign in to follow this  
Mysteryman5150

New Mod - AI Dispersion for Mounted MG's

This is a new addon that allows the user to adjust the AI dispersion for mounted MG's in the game. It affects static and vehicle mounted MG's

AI Dispersion for Mounted MG's v1.00

Links Below:

Filefront

http://www.filefront.com/15715279/Mounted%20MG%20Dispersion.7z

Armaholic

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9712

Addon Requirements: None

Description:

- This addon allows the user to set the AI dispersion for all mounted MG's in the game, both static and on vehicles.

- The addon will not affect the dispersion for any MG being fired by a Human controlled unit. It only affects AI, both enemy and freindly.

- It comes with an HPP file that goes into the userconfig folder, which is where the dispersion adjustments are made (instructions are located in this file).

- The variable being modified is aiDispersionCoef, which allows the user to set AI dispersion for a weapon without affecting overall weapon dispersion.

- The aiDispersionCoef is a multiplier of the weapons dispersion value. See formula and example below:

***Formula - dispersion * aiDispersionCoef = Total AI Dispersion...Example for M134 - .0017(disp) * 15.0(coef) = .0255(total AI Dispersion)

INSTALLATION: Extract the PBO file you find in the archive, and place it the ArmA2\Addons folder, or the mod folder of your choice (Prefered way to install addons).

Install the userconfig folder into your arma2 directory (if one does not exist then your just need to copy the userconfig folder in zip file). Run the game.

BUGS:

-None so far.

FIXES:

v1.00 -

- Initial release.

CREDITS:

BIS - For this awesome Game.

Anyone who has helped me by answering qestions or giving feedback.

As always the entire moding community- Without you all putting info out there and having your mods available for us this game would be a lot more empty.You all

have inspired me to want to make my mods. Thank you all.

Edited by Mysteryman5150

Does this work for all AI mounted gunners or will addons have to be set individually?

Rifleman- It affects the AI accuracy for mounted machine guns, both static and on vehicles in the vanilla game. It will work for any addon vehicle or static defense that inherits the vanilla version of the gun unless the addon maker has written their own aiDisopersionCoef values for that weapon. However, it does not affect cannon's, it only affects machine guns.

You will only have to set the dispersion factor you want in the userconfig file, there are instructions when you open the file:).

I hope that is what you were asking.

Edited by Mysteryman5150