Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Island Jade Groove

Hmm...why can't seem to find the Gyrocopters in the Editor?

I definately have the pbo...csj_gyroac.pbo...but I can't find them.

Ummm.. wrong thread maybe? Horribly wrong thread? :P

IceBreakr, you're a terrain creating genius!

btw, is there any WIP shots of Lingor available or is it still seeeecret? :)

um he included them in the latest unit pack....... :o

um he included them in the latest unit pack....... :o

MFP Raiders v0.99

- added CSJ's gyrocopters to island units pack (along with MFP, Raiders & Plymouth Roadrunner car)!

I'm blind like fu*k. :a:

Very nice indeed, and the Jade Wars looks very promising, we will give it a whirl as a clan next week.

I tried to play Jade Wars, but whenever I run it, it crashes.

It gets to the part where the game is loading the map, but when the loading bar finishes, the game just crashes.

Any idea on how to fix this?

I'm back from vacation.

Uberman7788: Unpack jadestuff.pbo too, you seem to be missing it.

Good news guys, I've been able to convince 3d expert "iisq" to give us a true Pursuit/Interceptor car models:

Pursuit

Inteceptor

Since I'm still learning Oxygen I guess its a lot of work to configure everything correctly when I import 3d model into the application? Does anyone have a rough estimate (in hours)?

Very cool m8.:)

I hope someone can do an Apollo blue XB GT with the silver stripes re-texture.But we will need some good old 12 slotter wheels...:)

Well Ice, It all depends how much poly this interceptor have. If there are too much than basic must be prepared first... then for each lod you need at least 4 hours. For selections again 3 more, ... model.cfg and config.cpp and test. Car like this should be done properly , weights must be sorted properly, drivers animation prepared... and so on. Dont expect that this can be done fast if you want to do it properly. Modeling is not just model and texture ;)

I'm aware of all this stuff, I just needed a rough estimate to see if its worth it, especially since my other projects (not to mention private life) would suffer :)

Released: MFP Raiders 0.992

- fixed bug with rvmat error

- added Jade's Freedom Fighters (jade_ff) group under Independent.

Classes: ibr_jadeff_officer, ibr_jadeff_rifleman, ibr_jadeff_rpg, ibr_jadeff_mg, ibr_jadeff_medic, ibr_jadeff_saboteur

- added Kassfort Survivor (unarmed) under Independent (ex-Raider). Class: jadesurvivor

Thanks go to: IceWindo (conversion, model), BIS (original model) and Lennard(skin template)

Download at:

http://icebreakr.com/islands/index.php?island=jade&show=download

Edited by IceBreakr

Thanks Foxhound!

Shot of new units (big thanks to IceWindo for making this project possible!)

jff_kass.jpg

Thx for the new version! :thumbsup:

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

3010176.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1382][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/3010176.gif][/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1382]DOWNLOAD - MFP & Raiders Units (v.0.992) - [39.7 MB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url][/spoiler]

Just popping in to give my support of this brilliant project. Loving the work so far.

On a side note, i lived for many years around the corner from Old Geelong road, laverton, which is where mad max chased the night rider. Was always fun to speed down that road back in the day. (Residential now so no go zone hehe) it is also around the corner from the police station (big brick wall one from the movie, which is still there actually. i should take a picture on my way into melbourne on sunday while going over the westgate bridge. For any mad max freaks interested.

Keep up the good work, those units look great.

I'm loving the new island and the new units aswell.

I really love how for each island you make, you add a little story behind it and make units to fit it. It really shows commintement and I seriously appreciate it!

But one little critic...The island is still a bit lacking the "Post Apocolypse" feel. I dont know what else you could add, but I feel like more dead plants or trees could help. More wrecks...And maybe once canus lupis returns he can send over some of his objects he's been working on for his mod, and you could use them on this map. Would work really well.

I hope you understand what I'm saying. :)

Anyways, great map...and I can't wait for Lingor! :D

Thanks vivadiga & Enad.

Remember, I accept constructive critics and ideas to my PM. If you have a cool idea, for new sector, different layout, lemme know. I accept even mspaint sketches :)

CanisLupis confirmed he'll be cooperating in this project, so we will try to put his 3d models, units and vehicles to use.

You have to understand that my main focus is new jungle map (Lingor) and I hope to have a beta ready asap. I'm counting on Berghoff to finish the vegetation, even now in this state it already looks great. I'll also release regular updates of older projects. Duala for example will get a clutter/no-bridge upgrade soon.

icebreakr... destroyer of bridges :D

i thought the AI could easily cross bridges.... at least, last time i checked.

Thanks vivadiga & Enad.

Remember, I accept constructive critics and ideas to my PM. If you have a cool idea, for new sector, different layout, lemme know. I accept even mspaint sketches :)

CanisLupis confirmed he'll be cooperating in this project, so we will try to put his 3d models, units and vehicles to use.

You have to understand that my main focus is new jungle map (Lingor) and I hope to have a beta ready asap. I'm counting on Berghoff to finish the vegetation, even now in this state it already looks great. I'll also release regular updates of older projects. Duala for example will get a clutter/no-bridge upgrade soon.

Yeah you got enough on your hands. Take your time and do things one at a time.

Now that I hear you're teaming up with the Post Apocalyptic mod, I have no more worrys. I think Jade Groove will be perfect once it gets filled up with some of those post apocalyptic objects! :D

Btw. I already posted in your thread, but Lingor looks EPIC! I have a feeling it will be one of my favorite maps of all time. I just love a jungle setting! :)

We're loving Jade Groove. My friend and I have been A) loving Arma2 since it came out and B) looking for something like Max Max / I-76 / Car Wars for years.

We're working on a series of missions or maybe an extended mission/RP-style mission in a very Mad Max/Car Wars sort of world.

Two questions: do you have a list of all the class names somewhere? And have you found a way to attach weapons to vehicles (like in I-76) so that the driver can fire them?

I've created a coop pack for Jade Groove and ACE2. Its called Bachelors Party and so far features 3 challenging missions that will test out even more experienced squads.

Link: Bachelors Party topic

Where are teh faction troops? I downloaded the map and there are no troops except Vanilla ArmA2