Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Island Jade Groove

Just some feedback from some guys, if your releasing an island, can you please release the island without all the extra units, otherwise it's technically not an island and more a mod.

Keep up the good work

Ignore him. I love that the islands you make come with their own units and vehicles to support the amazing backstories you do. keep packaging em in I say!

Great map! Couldnt find a bug tracker for this map so im posting here. Cactus in the middle of the road at 051021. Great map again!

Edited by Winch3st3r

Ignore him. I love that the islands you make come with their own units and vehicles to support the amazing backstories you do. keep packaging em in I say!

+1!!!

I can't wait for the Units and vehicles that come with this mod...

I also wonder what has happened to canis lupis (If that is his name I can't remember) and his Post apocalypse mod.... Would go great with this.

BTW IceBreakr I think the map needs a few destroyed towns and stuff, as it stands it dosen't look much like a post apocolypse world The three towns I flew over in this were completely intact. Overall though It is an amazing map the big rocks provide good cover for infantry battles :)

Thanks Ice!

I've just had a quick test and I love it! Jade Groove just 'feels' right with plenty of pitfalls if you don't drive carefully as this bad guy found out.

mfpjadegroovechase1.th.jpg

Another successful pursuit by the Jade Groove MFP.

:cool:

I had a go last night before I went to bed and had a blast racing around the island in the Interceptor. Of course the island looks great, runs great, feels great, etc... but what struck me the most was for the first time I actually felt close to home (although the Southwest USA is 1000+ miles from me). I related to the map as something I had seen before, almost like I'd been there... now how about making my back yard into a map? :)

Anyways, thanks for another GREAT island. And thanks for adding extras to it (cars and stuff).

Edited by Mosh
stuff

ArmA2 says me... Missing addons detected: ibr_isladuala ^^

Edited by Imutep

Thanks guys, I'm glad you're enjoying it! But be aware its just a beta and a lot of things will still change. It seems that readme file is missing for the 7z, so here are the credits:

IceBreakr (heightmap, textures, placement, research)

El Diablo (object templates, ideas & research)

Berghoff (great cacti & bush vegetation pack, included with his permission)

IceWindo (Raider model and Crazy Loner, based on Sahrani A1 Civilians converted to A2)

PeterGrozni (ideas, help)

Sigma-6 is the contributor of Plymouth Roadrunner car.

Dead3yez the author of turbo speed script.

Maj Z. did the jump ramp object.

RStratton (config help)

Special thanks to all beta testers, without you this project just wouldn't be the same. Thank you: SBP Team, Maj Z., Minimalaco, and others. And last but not at least: to Bohemia Interactive Studio crew for making ArmA 2 and their continuous support and dedication!

First post updated with more info.

Edited by IceBreakr

this map is just awesome.... thanks!

i've a feeling i'm missing out on something... are the cars you talk about from a game ?

i'm always after new maps, specially those from icebreakr and ADO clan, but i was wandering whether you can play this as a normal infantry map without any weird stuff, i'm not quite after the racing thing :/

if you can use it as a normal map to make my missions vs bots then i'll get it straight away :)

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

ArmA2 says me... Missing addons detected: ibr_isladuala ^^

if it gives you that error and doesn't work then it probably means the author used some stuff (models etc) included in isla duala without including them in this map, so you need isla to run this. dunno though

i've a feeling i'm missing out on something... are the cars you talk about from a game ?

google interstate '76

Great looking island Ice. :)

However it all looks good and no missing files but i cant seem to find the cars or factions. I added the island in the Isla Duala folder as it didnt have any identical files that could be overwritten.

However it all looks good and no missing files but i cant seem to find the cars or factions. I added the island in the Isla Duala folder as it didnt have any identical files that could be overwritten.

I thought the cars and factions etc were not included in this release.

Their is his seperate MFP addon, but as far as I know thats all.

Check the download section for Jade Groove on IceBreakr's site.

what we need are borderland units for this map :P and some skags lol

When I drive the MFP car, my character is way down on the ground, and in first person I'm looking at the floor of the car, same for passenger and gunner....

When I drive the MFP car, my character is way down on the ground, and in first person I'm looking at the floor of the car, same for passenger and gunner....

Same here, when running with a bunch of other mods (ACE, GL4, Islands, Visuals, etc), but tried with just @jade and it worked fine. I haven't narrowed down the exact mod it conflicts with but I have my suspicions...

EDIT - oac_core.pbo was the problem

Edited by Mosh
suspicions were WRONG!

I've added Jade to our Kellys Community YAS Repo.

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

Alternatively, as an easier method, you can click on this link to access both KH Repos directly from YAS -> Kelly's AddonSync Repos

Select Community Repo

Note that the URLs above are case-sensitive so pls make sure you entered exactly as provided above.

I've made a video while i was flying to know the island a bit. I didn't fly around the eastern part of the island, but anyway, the video was fun to make and it has a funny end :)

I have to say that this island really feels "western" style or "Mad Max" type. I'm going to suggest this island to my frinends in our server.

Here is the video: http://www.megavideo.com/?v=S9AQ9Q2A

Note: By the way i didn't try the car of the pics, but you must know (you'll see in the video) that you need a really fast car to jump the ramps.

Edited by Vixente

Check the download section for Jade Groove on IceBreakr's site.

Thanks Snafu. Dont know how i missed that yesterday, but i guess i was lazy. Especially after i read the comment about someone not wanting units and vehicles bundled with the island so i thaught they were in there. :)

This island is real nice for some heli action. Even flying jets looking down over the island makes it look almost real at times.

How do you like 6 of the compounds based on MadMax 2 flick? ;)

NW compound

compound.jpg

Southern compound

compoundb.jpg

Clearing NW one with team-mate Sahbazz:

compound2.jpg

I will release a SP/MP mission soon.

Edited by IceBreakr