Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Island Jade Groove

Quick update: after completion of Duala v1.6 I found ~8 hours time to get Jade Groove to v0.5 alpha stage for SBP Team multiplayer test ;) terrain and roads are all done.

jadegroove.jpg

I will soon release public beta with interesting mission that can be played as coop or PvPvAI. When? When its done.

Woooooh! :D

Been waiting for a screenshot. I cant wait till its done! Take your time Ice!

Great news! Now where can I get a Charger, or a Mustang, or a Pontiac GTO, or a Plymouth, or a Camaro, or a Challenger, or...... :D God Damn it Interstate76 here we come :don2: :partytime:

I cannot get in contact with Sigma. His A1 cars don't function without errors in A2, for example:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3091

Together with Jade Groove beta you will get:

- pursuit police car

- MFP policemen

- gangmembers

- very addictive mission Tvt/Coop (you select one side only, it works since AI is also present)

Keep tuned.

I cannot get in contact with Sigma. His A1 cars don't function without errors in A2

As I said before he has given us permission already to port them over to ARMA 2 which we are currently doing.

Regards

I will soon release public beta with interesting mission that can be played as coop or PvPvAI. When? When its done.

Looks good, thanks for the picture and update. :)

i3luevein thats great news, it seems I've missed that info. I'll try to push hard to complete a public beta... but then I want your feedback and ideas :) island is now at 5x5, but on a 10x10km terrain so we can expand it if necessary. I'm kinda proud that I've placed entire roadnetwork in just under 4 hours - using only "notorious" V3 ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

As I said before he has given us permission already to port them over to ARMA 2 which we are currently doing.

How can we verify this?

- pursuit police car

- MFP policemen

- gangmembers

- very addictive mission Tvt/Coop (you select one side only, it works since AI is also present)

Keep tuned.

Dude, you just keep on giving. How can we ever repay you?

I'm always in need of Castlemaine XXXX ale ;)

I cannot get in contact with Sigma. His A1 cars don't function without errors in A2, for example:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3091

- pursuit police car

- MFP policemen

- gangmembers

Keep tuned.

Pure win.

You sir, are a legend.

TMYLjlpP0NY

I'm always in need of Castlemaine XXXX ale ;)

An excellent choice sir.

I've just bought the family a new car so when my wallet crawls back out from its current hiding spot I will head straight to over here for sure.

Grub: thanks mate!

And here's a quick Saturday morning update with a big help of Berghoff and his veggiez :)

Cactus trees flourish on Jade Groove island:

cactus1.jpg

Saguaro cactus trees + a Chenowth for a perfect offroad experience:

cactus2.jpg

I suppose those textures on the hill will be improved?

nonetheless, nice, looking forward to the map.

JTD traffic would be great for this :)

Looks amazing! :cool:

I suppose those textures on the hill will be improved?

Huh? Whats wrong with them?

Great work IceBreakr

I love this! If you were to add a bit more vegetation to the flat areas it would look the the Mohave desert! I personally would love just a desert map, with towns and other things, not post apoc, but that's my opinion. Anyways, great work so far and cant wait to try it out!.

PS: Will the be support for ALICE and SILVIE in first release?

Gnat;1619384']Huh? Whats wrong with them?

Great work IceBreakr

I don't know what he meant, but if Ice is going for an "Arizona" type feel, they should be a tad bit taller, and more reddish.

I'm still divided between Australian Outback and Arizona :) texture will be new of course for the beta (this is alpha WIP). I would love to use a lot of realistic looking rocks, but AI in A2 just loves to "clip through" them :) what do you think?

I don't know if you would need a whole lot of them. From what I have seen the numerous times I have driven across New Mexico/Arizona/South Eastern California, I didn't see a whole lot of rocks. Some "Cacti" and bushes/small trees every now and then, but other than the very large "hills/rock formations i remember a whole lot of desert. :)