Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Island Jade Groove

Testing new ramps around the map ;)

bigjump.jpg

Ramp made by Maj Z.

You know looking at this map/concept brought Mad Max to mind immediately for me.. it is amazing to see your version of the MFP vehicle with familiar looking drivers :)

If only the Interceptor were possible.. :butbut:

ICE you're great making these maps you shoud as your new project after this one create afgan map something like the avgani from arma1 i know there is helmand valley just realest which is great you my man got the talent maping the world eheh

great work as always

SR

Wow! That looks amazing!

Really looking forward to this map!!

ICE you're great making these maps you shoud as your new project after this one create afgan map something like the avgani from arma1 i know there is helmand valley just realest which is great you my man got the talent maping the world eheh

great work as always

SR

I disagree, I think there are enough Afghanistan/Iraq projects out there (which most are waiting for OA to really get "kicking" from what it seems) He should do something new, like he always has (see his current projects.....)

the game needs more maps based in the US... although isn't this one based in Arizona or something?

a bit off topic...

Edited by Fox '09

Ice, that last screenshot prooves it: this is the most creative project for A2 right now, simply awesome.

Can't wait to test :)

Random thoughts outa my head:

- the AI isn't fast enough to challenge a human plr in a car, so what other challenges are there for COOP?

- if shot upon, the plr needs to be able to retreat and repair his car somewhere, how you do that? garages? repair-shops?

- if buildings are important things ingame (next to the cars) maybe a capture-and-hold gameplay would be good idea for the coop mode. important buildings (giving you repairs & fuel) are guarded by gangs and players need to work together to free them.

- if fuel is an important factor here maybe script the cars in a way that they will run out of fuel pretty fast. that way players would need to capture enemy buildings rather quickly or turn back before their fuel runs out. Should make for interesting gameplay.

My x cents :)

Edited by ])rStrangelove

Thanks for ideas, but mission is already put together for beta test. Its called JadeWars. Lemme copy/paste the plan/briefing that my team put together:

----------------

J A D E W A R S

Story

Once upon a time, there was a land that was having a terrible time. Raging wars tore up the planet and only few survivors now fight for the resources in order to survive. Oil reserves dried up, food was in short supply, and things were generally looking pretty grim.

After uprisings due to energy shortages which destabilized the country, gangs began to terrorize the remaining survivors all over Jade Groove. Its a

only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage that will survive.

Four groups formed:

MFP (Main Force Patrol): The crumbling remnants of the government created a tiny, underfunded group of special highway patrol officers (MFP) to try and restore order to the Jade Groove highways.

RAIDERS: the largest gang on island. They are terrorizing the already scarce local population, vandalizing property and stealing fuel and vehicles. They love to scavenge and they hate cops (MFP).

MERC (Mercenaries, AI only): biggest part of the country is controlled by them. They open fire on anyone in order to protect the fuel/equipment. They control all of the compounds, but their focus is to the Northern part of the island.

CRAZIES (AI only): they lost everything and don't trust anyone anymore. They open fire on anyone approaching them. They wear old civilian clothes and use various personal weapons to protect their lives.

MFP (Main Force Patrol)

We are Main Force Patrol (MFP), main police unit preserving peace on Jade Groove island. Well, whats left of it. We are last warriors that can stop this madness, this chaos. Our enemies are Raiders and Mercs, guys that took control of the government-owned compounds.

Main vehicle: '69 Plymouth RoadRunner Interceptor II

Raiders Gang

We formed a gang. We scavenge the terrain for useful stuff and wreak chaos around Jade Groove. This destabilization enables us to gain control over Jade Groove. We are a new law and order around here. And those civilians who did want to join us are expendable. Our enemy are active MFP units and Mercenaries that try to keep all the good stuff to themselves.

Main vehicle: Batcar

MISSION

Part I : Scavenge Sector

There are 6 fuel trucks scattered over the map. We need to sieze most of them and bring them back to HQ. Each fuel truck we get back to HQ brings up more equipment (vehicles/weapons) back at base. More fuel means more power.

Three fuel trucks are believed to be stored in unknown Merc Outposts. 2 of them are currently travelling on the road and we need to intercept/ambush them. There is a rumor that Mercs lost one of the trucks in a fight and is now at unknown location in the desert.

Part II: Conquer

A new sector opens up North when all six trucks are secured or destroyed. An objective in this sector is to secure a Mercenary Base, capture a merc C130 plane, refuel it and leave the island. First team that manages to reach the border @sea wins.

----------

btw: how do you like the new ground rock textures?

Edited by IceBreakr

can't really tell from the pictures, but is there water in the err... canyons?

Now this one looks really awsome ;) And that huge jump :eek: ..... I can't wait to take that one :cc:

I can't wait to try this out :D looks great Ice. As per usual.

now all we need is an abrams tank fast enough....

that new texture is spot on! there some spots like that here next door to AZ in NM.

Release of v0.9 is coming today. Hopefully I'll get a lot of feedback to finish up v1.0 then :)

great news :)

you might of said already, but are the cars/units ready?

IceBreakr

The sirens used by the MFP (and real life Aussie emergency services) are developed by Locktronic sirens (LTS) and are a mix of wail and yelp.

I have a few sound files of these sirens. Let me know if you're interested.

Looking forward to the release. It looks fantastic. :)

Snafu: great, please send a sample via PM.

ah, finally finished downloading. I've been downloading it since you posted..

the map is awesome. One thing that could be improved is the (big?) rocks, a bit more complexity is needed imo

Thanks Ice!!

I'll post some feedback once I try it out this weekend! :)

Great work IceBreakr, gone give it a quick spin and look how she handles :D

Thx for a other great map!!

later

Just some feedback from some guys, if your releasing an island, can you please release the island without all the extra units, otherwise it's technically not an island and more a mod.

Keep up the good work