Sign in to follow this  
StubbleHopper

Sharpe's Rifles Mod

The French like allways .... ^^ ( Duck sideroll and jump out of window while hearing FAMAS rounds )

Nope, the French cannot have won the Anglo-American war :)

Edited by ProfTournesol

Hi nice stuff :yay:

can you say what status it has? %?

some time ago i see some battleships of this time in wip ^^ mayby you can ask him for help :)

mayby i can help too in texturing and mission building but i didn't see the TV staffle ^^

keep up !

Schubi

Mmm... American Revolution didn't take place during the same century as Napoleonic adventure...

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I know, I was hoping that the American Revolution could be included xD

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I know, I was hoping that the American Revolution could be included xD

In fact i like this idea, i had a lot of fun with Spad's American Revolution units in the good ol' OFP days. He made some US 1812 units too. But the OP should concentrate on one era first. Sharpe's rifles is a very good idea, but i'll play on the evil side to kick some red coats' ass :D

Nope, the French cannot have won the Anglo-American war :)

Oh, I thought about the French Invaion of Russia in 1812 ^^ Anyway, the French would have also lost the Anglo-American war lol ( duck and sprint away )

hum in no way US army of 1812 could have a chance against french, russian or prussian army (too small and not good enough) that's why british force clash them several time so easily in an open field.

new orleans was a defensive battle were british had to cross under enemy fire a long field before reaching us lines.

hum in no way US army of 1812 could have a chance against french, russian or prussian army (too small and not good enough) that's why british force clash them several time so easily in an open field.

new orleans was a defensive battle were british had to cross under enemy fire a long field before reaching us lines.

You guys did make the mistake of invading their colony, less than 40 years after you pissed them off for jumping ship. ;)

hahahahahaha.... aaahhahahahahahaha.

Believe whatever ya want mate. You Europeans underestimated us Americans way too much. It's amazing how hard we Americans fight when our lives & families are at stake.

*I apologize for the off topic post. I haven't quite forgotten that the only person to leave the Alamo was French* (Yes I'm from Texas) ;)

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

hahahahahaha.... aaahhahahahahahaha.

Believe whatever ya want mate. You Europeans underestimated us Americans way too much. It's amazing how hard we Americans fight when our lives & families are at stake.

I really regret making that 1812 comment now. Dragged this blokes thread OT. Anybody who wants to learn about it can go read Hickey's Don't Give Up the Ship!

*You have no idea how hard I'm fighting to keep from making comments about the french military. Luckily I'm still laughing.* :rolleyes:

How original. Have you ever thought about being a comedian?

Learn why the French military failed in 1940 and then go and learn about it's post war readjustments. After that you won't make such pathetic juvenile comments.

If you want to respond take it to PM.

Back to topic.

As this mod is called Sharpe's Rifles have you considered adding music to go with it, StubbleHopper?

You could have this as the main menu music:

Or this:

Edited by Snafu

*You have no idea how hard I'm fighting to keep from making comments about the french military. Luckily I'm still laughing.* :rolleyes:

Good idea, this isn't the appropiate place for another stupid US - French bashing.

Good idea, this isn't the appropiate place for another stupid US - French bashing.

It was meant as a joke, I have a couple French friends. (Including a female friend who can kick my ass on any game, including ArmA) I meant no offense, although as you see my jokes tend to not end well.

Anyways, back OT. I can help you if your looking for models. While surfing the net i've seen alot of good freeware stuff, including some horses.

Looks awesome, out of curiosity what weapon ballistics/ammo are you modelling the muskets and rifles on? A shotgun using slug ammo with very slow reload times?

Here's the first in a series of short vids, this one shows off the 95th Rifles, the models are complete, but I need to add a lot of work putting in characterisations, ie, adding Sharpes face to one of the models for example. I'm working on some French Cuirassiers at the moment, as soon as those models are finished I'll post some results, also managed to get some horses in game, but they arn't perfected yet. Oh yes, Gnarly Rider, the weapons are based on bolt action rifles at the moment, with single round magazines to slow down the rate of fire, at some point I'll have to annimate a loading sequence, but hey shotguns, that's a good idea, I might try it, thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-S7gT-ZMEs

Edited by StubbleHopper

nice unit, do you plan to make german unit of the french army especialy the hessian trooper (best of them) who frightened the spanish army and guerrillas

but i think you don't have to make so much french unit (line, light, hussard or chasseur a cheval and heavy dragoon are enough) cuirassier has just one regiment in spain.

will you make spanish and portugese troop (especialy cacadores)?

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

but hey shotguns, that's a good idea, I might try it, thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-S7gT-ZMEs

why not a hand gun with a slow rate of fire of course for short distance fighting.

Thanks, Spad. The next vid I'll make with some French models, you are right there doesn't need to be that many variations, like you say, artillery, line, light, hussar, chasseur, dragoons. I have plans for Polish/Vistula lancers and Cuirassiers, but these depend on getting decent horses in game.

For the British I want to extend it with artillerymen, heavy dragoons, King's German Legion infantry and rifles and maybe some KGL hussars. I really need a new Island with re-textured buildings to suit the period, at the moment I'm concentrating on new models and getting the horses to work properly. The new Island is important so again any Island makers who want to help, drop me a line.

Yuo, Highlanders are on the list of things to do, as are campaign style soldiers in greatcoats and shako covers, also Spanish geurrillars at some point.

Here's a preview of the South Essex Regiment, for the Sharpe's Rifles mod, I'll be doing a vid for every unit that appears in the mod. They are almost complete, just a few tweaks in terms of minor things like shoulder wings, and short sword for the drummers and so, but in terms of the models about 99% done anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8o6MbUhxoE

You mean Iron maiden's "The Trooper" heavy metal stuff. "You fire yer musket, but I run you through!" Haven't heard that for years.

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Here's a link, play it loud!

excellent work, the light dragoon are very accurate (it is the late uniform, i don't remember the exact period of the sharp's story).

do you have different musket model ingame like brown bess, 1777, baker, and cavalery carbin, hand gun ?