Sign in to follow this  
minimalaco

OPX Building in arma 2

hello, somebody knows that it is what there is to make to make work the objects of OPX in arma 2, of course, without aid of caa1. to part to of course request the permissions to him to OPX.

hello, somebody knows that it is what there is to make to make work the objects of OPX in arma 2, of course, without aid of caa1. to part to of course request the permissions to him to OPX.

well strangely i can us opx buildings in visitor and load them in reagular arma 2 without a problem, in my unprofesional opinion i think arma 2 gets use to it

Quincy you can't release the map with his buildings on it for ArmA 2 unless he gives you permission. Or unless your map requires CAA1 to run...

Quincy you can't release the map with his buildings on it for ArmA 2 unless he gives you permission. Or unless your map requires CAA1 to run...

If his island uses / is dependant on the old ArmA1 opxbuildings.pbo or opxmisc.pbo, and these PBOs are unmodified, then I don't think he needs permission.

But I suspect those files give errors in ArmAII in their original form.

Thanks for the correction Gnat. I apologize, I was under the impression that the only way it could be used without permission was with CAA1. Well that opens up some new possibilities...

I haven't tried using Opteryx's stuff but I think the story was that they need tweaked to operate entirely correctly in Arma 2, but since there's specifically no permission to modify, the only they they could be used properly was if CAA1/OAC were also available to do the modifying "on the fly"... which is basically what they do...

B

mmm that badly, I am making korengal valley of 50x50 km… and those buildings of OPX, serious helpful,

somebody knows where to locate to OPX, to request its permission of the objects?

I haven't tried using Opteryx's stuff but I think the story was that they need tweaked to operate entirely correctly in Arma 2

I dropped the opxbuildings.pbo into ArmAII and almost every building appeared in the editor. Even the ladders work!

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

OPX_1.jpg

Just De-PBO the default ArmA1 OPX files (buildings, plants, misc) and they seem to add into Visitor3 no problem.

Anyone releasing an island using the OPX stuff just has to state those original ArmA1 files are required, they don't have to be within your island PBO.

.... sure, there may be some errors in the RPT file .... but thats never different :P

Edited by [APS]Gnat

Hello, somebody knows so that it passes this with the objects of OPX? : (

4r42ky.jpg

122i1d4.jpg

Edited by Minimalaco

Don't put them in P:\CA - just put them on the P:\ root directory... Then add the items from that location into Visitor as Artificial Objects - and add them into your config as "required addons"

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Ufffff: D, Excellent Bushlurker, thank you very much, now if they have textures, the one of addons required I do not understand like adding them to config, nose where this that file: (

muchas muchas gracias.

The beginning of your main island config should look vaguely like this...

#define _ARMA_

//Class config.bin{
class CfgPatches
{
class Falklands
{
	units[] = {"Falklands"};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {"Chernarus"};
	version = "0.1";
	fileName = "Falklands.pbo";
	author = "Bushlurker";
	mail = "bushlurker@googlemail.com";
};
};

Add OPX's addons to the "requiredAddons" line like this...

requiredAddons[] = {"Chernarus","opxbuildings","opxmisc","etc","etc"};

As far as missing textures are concerned - the model is looking along its stated path and obviously not finding them where it expects them to be... are they actually there?

Basically you should just unpack the original addon.pbo and place the resulting folder in your P:\ drive - another copy of the addon.pbo goes in beside your final game-ready island.pbo because it's required... You thank Opteryx in absentia for the use of his "unchanged" addons in your README and launch thread if the island is released publically and make sure you tell everybody that they will have to have those files as well as your island file, because they're required...

That should be all you need to do... though, as Gnat said... I don't know to what extent these Arma 1 addons will behave in Arma 2 .RPT-wise anyway...

B

Edited by Bushlurker