Sign in to follow this  
Sulu_03

Arma2TS

Awesome work ! I was dreaming of a comm' system like that since day one of Ofp... Hat off and many thanks guys :)

Great Adddon :)

but after each run of TS3 we need to do "RELOAD ALL" (in TS3 PLUGINS) - otherwise Arma 2 froze and error is displayed ("cannot connect to TS3 plugin" or similar)

Edited by jaromaz

Could you please make a version that doesn't require ACE 2? I would love to be able to use this on Non ACE servers.

As said already, it is working without ACE2. But you will be not able to use Long Range Radio. Only Short Range one and direct speak.

Is it possible to boost the range of the Long Range radio via say a vehicle? I/E a re-transmission vehicle that doesnt require someone sitting inside to relay all the radio comms. Something you can just set up or park close the the frontline to add in more range.

Try this hotfix, it should work now.

arma2ts_32.dll

arma2ts_64.dll

If it works, shame on me, means I inverted Y and Z axes (Z means height in ArmA but when we use the 3D setup in teamspeak Y axe is the height)

5.1 Works like a charm ! Thank you !

Q:

1.) Does the outside conversations gets queit when you get into vehicle ?

2.) I noticed that when I got into MH60 I could hear outside talk, but they did not hear me. Should be like this?

Edited by Rafalski

Hey mate, I messaged you on Skype. I think thats you.

Love to get on board with this, get Rommel in on it and anyone else.

If anyone else in this discussion has real world experience with military radio and isn't obligated by OPSEC to not talk about it let me know. I'd love to get as much information going forward as possible. :)

Prior military or not, people should not be violating OPSEC. Though I am currently a military police officer so I do not want to get in trouble lol.

I will talk to you on skype Nou, thanks.

Q: does the outside conversations gets queit when you get into vehicle ?

If you are in whisper mode, we can't hear you from the outside, but other crew in the vehicle should be able to hear you.

If you are in yell mode, we can hear you from the outside.

Edited by Le_CuLtO

;1581309']Prior military or not' date=' people should not be violating OPSEC. Though I am currently a military police officer so I do not want to get in trouble lol.

I will talk to you on skype Nou, thanks.[/quote']

Ya definitely, prior or not, no OPSEC violations!

Is it possible to boost the range of the Long Range radio via say a vehicle? I/E a re-transmission vehicle that doesnt require someone sitting inside to relay all the radio comms. Something you can just set up or park close the the frontline to add in more range.

I have already suggested a re-trans a time or two if you know what that is.

Also Sulu, it would be great if you can be more clear on versions. There are even updates and we do not know. I guess its still 002 but you recently updated the DLL and all. Its getting very confusing and many peoples versions are mismatched. Please be more clear on current versions and also eliminate posting updated versions part way through the thread.

All I gotta say, "This is a must have" I hope all the servers now get TS and implement this plus add there TS info in the map and we should all use this. To the creators, awesome idea/job, well done boys...Thanks

As per my friend Beta's suggestion:

Please add a "dead man's switch" to the key down ability - after 30 seconds of hot micing it would automatically cut out.

This might be worth a read for future Short Range radio changes.

http://www.rfcomm.harris.com/products/tactical-radio-communications/an-prc-152.pdf

Still haven't found anything about the actual range of a JTRS in handheld configuration without the booster.

Might be really cool if others in close proximity to the radio user could hear the reply over in game coming out of the players radio set. (Unless of course that user is wearing an ear peice like some Arma 2 units are modelled to)

Edited by rexehuk

Version 003

When you update the version, can you change the name of file eg.: arma2ts_v003.zip. Please.!

If in the link is the same name, it downloads sometimes the file from the browser cache, not from the server.

Edited by Rafalski

It's what I've asked for already a few pages ago.

Best regards

Edited by MaXyM

Might be really cool if others in close proximity to the radio user could hear the reply over in game coming out of the players radio set. (Unless of course that user is wearing an ear peice like some Arma 2 units are modelled to)

You can. Also, we have found that with the radio packs if you are within 1-2 meters away from someone carrying one you actually have the option show up to use it. Just like you would IRL, you can grab the hand set and start talking. Once you move away though you lose both abilities. This is perfect for missions that use an RTO slot.

Edited by Dredge

One of the most talked about Addons for a while well done.

Can you please remove the scroll options as we have all master the binded keys. As your aware ACE config features can take up a few lines already, then add mission specifics it becomes a mouse wheel nightmare ;)

SnR, unless they rehaul their system, it cannot be done, the actions are tied, its not key based, but those action are trigger able by short cuts.

Status Update: The re-haul is complete, been testing with Noubernou, we've opened a mini sub-team working on it outside of ACE lest we get backing. It will include radio signal propagation and enhanced compatibilities with ACE.

terrain_profile.png

A little sneak peak as to the terrain profiling to determine signal strength. A side image of Utes.

The script is now down to 4, with only 1 loop, and all are functions, increasing benchmarked performance by over 500%.

I thank you all for your emails, and we are looking at them all for ideas, we are also including the feature by .lip mouth movements when speaking to increase immersion.

We are also including re-trans around appropriate vehicles, not just having to be inside them.

Integration with a proper aircraft traffic controller, both in the tower and aircraft is being looked into, and we have the support of the 3rdMD for testers and help.

Stay tuned, as this is just a bunch of random features from a very big conversation.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Rommel

I don't do much MP, but this project is absolutely amazing. Truly innovative. The kind of thing that commercial companies should take note of.

Good luck and great job!

Forgot to mention, it is push to talk... not toggle.

Waiting impatiently for your work Rommel :)

You can. Also, we have found that with the radio packs if you are within 1-2 meters away from someone carrying one you actually have the option show up to use it. Just like you would IRL, you can grab the hand set and start talking. Once you move away though you lose both abilities. This is perfect for missions that use an RTO slot.

We tough about that but we decided to not try.

By playing with this kind of feature, you take the risk of puting a terrible mess in the game.

Audio feedback loop, very expensive for processor, and hard to build :p

Edited by Sulu_03

thats nice , always forgot to toggle it of :p

Best news so far. :)