Sign in to follow this  
Sulu_03

Arma2TS

Great idea! Now, if someone would do this for vent.......

Cant be done with vent, which is why my unit is switching to TS3 just because of this.

This addon is great! It works so well! Huge immersion.

Wanted to point out that the UH-60 in ACE is not added in the class-lists for the mod. Please check for next update. Any chance we might be able to have details on which versions, with 2 or 3 releases now we have no idea when people need to update.

;1579994']My point is just that' date=' though, yes your HQ is not that far from a fire team, but normally a dismounted infantry unit has a long range radio at the platoon level, and in rare cases the squad level.

Platoon HQ

----1st Squad

-------1st Fireteam

-------2nd Fireteam

-------3rd Fireteam

----2nd Squad

-------1st Fireteam

-------2nd Fireteam

-------3rd Fireteam

----3rd Squad

-------1st Fireteam

-------2nd Fireteam

-------3rd Fireteam

Though I think I just need to spend my time working with someone who understands operation structure more. It appears your making this for small grounds and making it so there is more of a purpose of using a long range vs short range with small elements only, which to much degree doesn't make tactical sense.[/quote']

Well it depends on the size & layout of your mission.

Cherna is a mid sized map...

There are much bigger maps where squads and HQ are further apart.

In one mission you may operate in the same area, in another in two corners of the map

So the distance between units are relative and forced by the AO and mission designer and whether you have mobile or static HQ.

I believe 1k is a good compromise in terms of game play for short-range radio.

You need to be able to cover the whole island with long range radio though.

Don't know if it is possible at all but implementing encryption would be nice...like adding a key-phrase (or password) for the side so that it transmits only to freq+pass combination. Maybe for long range only.

Edit..

Please use the good old, simple "version.txt" lol... any particular reason using ".version" without any extensions or filename starting with a dot.

Edited by Cross

True, but if your running such a small mission, it wouldn't seem logical to be using more than just PRC-148 (aka short range), unless your adding to much unrealistic focus to the communications.

-----------------------------

Also any chance we can have the radios switch the frequencies they use. Normally they could use the same set of frequencies, but for sure your SINGARS use 30.0+

Just swap what the short range and long range radios use. Would be nice for pilots with the long range so they could use proper ATC channels for standard and military freqs.

We tried to implements the push to talk feature...

But there were too many trouble (70% people were exepriencing crash, freeze, and other trouble). It seems that it comes from a conflict with ACE, but i'm sure ACE could handle that :).

Just wondering whether those functions are in game ones that you plan, or simply teamspeak3 functions, which in either case shouldn't you be able to link the two?

Ie I could link a team status dialog with team speak 3 so it adds units to certain groups (channels).

For example, I join teamspeak 3 server, I join relative gaming server, I join B-1-1-A, and it automatically moves me to that channel with that name, I then move groups to another channel, and it moves me there.

You can call those functions from the game.

So you can do what you speak about.

You will be able to do this too:

You join a public ArmA 2 server, you have teampseak 3 and the plugin running.

The mission on the server contains a script which execute locally this command when you are in game:

call compile format["copyToClipBoard ""[bwf_arma2ts][ConnectToServer]91.121.56.48,9987,serverPassword,%1[/bwf_arma2ts]"" ", name player];

So you are automatically connected to the teamspeak server. In the mission the radio script is running. So all players with the plugin can play with the 3D sound, use the radio, without having to download an addon. I think it could be cool. :)

Edited by Le_CuLtO

Will be implemented in the future plugin version.

Not available at this time.

You will need to delete the old plugin version when we will release it.

Now for a small bug

Sometimes you can hear people who are several hundred meters away as if they are standing next to you - it is almost like the addon stops working for a few seconds but the 3D positioning in TeamSpeak 3 is still active. So people are sending in my left ear, but I should not be able to hear them.

GREAT ADDON! We love it :D

I think the reverse also happened a few times. I.e. you could not hear a person next to you. We had to relay some things to each other even though we were all standing next to each other. Only happened once or twice in the mission that I noticed.

+1 on a truly marvelous mod.

Found a pretty big bug... but the rest of the mod is fantastic. Now we just need to weave it into operations with 50/60 people!

The bug a member of GOL found was spacial sound when using this plugin. When the plugin is active, any gunfire etc has no directional source (i.e. Sounds like its coming from 360 degrees) making it very hard to pinpoint enemy fire etc.

Found a pretty big bug... but the rest of the mod is fantastic. Now we just need to weave it into operations with 50/60 people!

The bug a member of GOL found was spacial sound when using this plugin. When the plugin is active, any gunfire etc has no directional source (i.e. Sounds like its coming from 360 degrees) making it very hard to pinpoint enemy fire etc.

I will take a look at it.

For operations with 50/60 people, wait for Rommel's script.

It will be much better than our interface and maybe with less bugs :p

I noticed this kind of problem since the first time i played Arma 2.

The sound start at the right position and then does'nt follow your head mouvement.

I don't know where it comes from but i'm not sure our addon has a matter with this.

(but with the addon, you turn your head far more often than before, maybe the reason you noticed the problem ?)

New version is up (02), with new features in teamspeak plugin, a doc and ACE recent vehicle management.

If you download this new version, you have to update arma AND teamspeak side.

Sulu: would you like to add current version number

- onto first post

- into package file name

thank you.

sorrry couldnt i have time to try it yet but ,does it have radio chatter,background noise effects ? or just simple human voice like ingame voip ?

We noticed

problems

headphones stereo emulator 3D works 9 of 10 (only sound behind sometimes you hear like in the front)

headphones true 5.1 does not work properly (front and back misleading)

or maybe someting must be set up.

Just added a new function in the addon, if you are deaf in the game (thanks to the ACE deaf system), you cannot hear other teamspeak players who are in game :D

We don't upload a new version with this system now. Waiting for Rommel's script :p

more test taken.

a2t v2

creative X-FI, speakers 5.1, win7 32

I can not make front and side speakers work at the same time to emulate off centre position.

example:

person at 12 o'clock -> front speaker only

person at 1 or 2 oclock -> right speaker only

there is not middle position of sound for 1-2 o'clock,. should be front&right speaker.

during testing 3D Setup in teamspeak every thing works OK.

anyone with the same problem? ts server problem ?

Edited by Rafalski

Thanks for your report. Helped me a lot.

I have an idee but I can't test because I don't have 5.1 sound system :p

Try this hotfix, it should work now.

arma2ts_32.dll

arma2ts_64.dll

If it works, shame on me, means I inverted Y and Z axis (Z means height in ArmA but when we use the 3D setup in teamspeak Y axis is the height)

Edited by Le_CuLtO

Been thinking about a few things with the range.

Possibly tying the range of the radio to the real life broadcasting power of the radio the person is using? That with terrain interference taken into account would add a lot of realism.

I'll have to look into calculations for that... :p If anyone has any input on it that'd be great.

Hey NouberNou, I have a few guys who would love to give some input on the basis of RL background and experience. If you can PM me and I would love to get a few guys involved in helping.

;1580709']Hey NouberNou' date=' I have a few guys who would love to give some input on the basis of RL background and experience. If you can PM me and I would love to get a few guys involved in helping.[/quote']

Hey mate, I messaged you on Skype. I think thats you.

Love to get on board with this, get Rommel in on it and anyone else.

If anyone else in this discussion has real world experience with military radio and isn't obligated by OPSEC to not talk about it let me know. I'd love to get as much information going forward as possible. :)