Sign in to follow this  
Sulu_03

Arma2TS

I will be releasing a convert of this soon... completely re-wrote the ArmA2 side of scripts, new dialogs :D, more ACE compatible and mission side (no ad dons needed).

Will also allow easier mapping of keys and optimizations (no loops).

Hope to have it out soon, got any ideas that are realistic and viable for ArmA2, send them to rommel@australianarmedforces.org and I'll think about adding them.

I have Uni till Monday, so you'll hear back from me then.

Romm Out

Edited by Rommel

I will be releasing a convert of this soon... completely re-wrote the ArmA2 side of scripts, new dialogs :D, more ACE compatible and mission side (no ad dons needed).

Wouldn't you still need to download the TS3 part of the plugin though?

Sorry for my bad English...

Nice to hear that :)

At the beginning we made only a mission side script.

Then Johnson made an addon, because we don't want to edit all missions we play.

Just a thing we didn't know how to do:

We wanted to attach the frequencies to the radio and not to the units, so when you steal an enemy radio you can hear them :D

When you drop a radio to the groung, it's not easy to make a setvariable on the good weaponholder...

found a few bugs,

1:someone leaves the server, they have to reconnect to TS in order for you to hear them

2:someone from outside the game talks to you, you cant hear anybody else in the channel talking to them (coming from an admins pov this is a small problem)

3: you cant use copy and paste whilst this is running (but you already new that)

otherwise, this mod is amazing!

1: Thanks, I think we will correct this on the plugin side.

2: We know that, but I don't know what we can do. And I don't understand why it is a problem, you can tell him to leave the channel :)

3: Waiting for someone who knows how to inject dll to ArmA2 to make a pipe. But with this system you will be kicked or banned from servers with battlEye enabled.

Edited by Le_CuLtO

I highly recommend you do not do anything that messes with battleye as most servers now run it, and it gives us rcon ability in game now.

;1579530']Also it appears the short range radio is 500meters' date=' after much testing, it would be great if they could be set to 1.5 kilometers or 2 kilometers. This would also be a bit more realistic, but also have balance for use of the long range radio.[/quote']

An idea we had : to adapt range to ground.

If you are in hole, your radio will not emit far away, but if you go on the top of a mountain, you will have far more than 500 meter !

But these idea will cost a lot a processor time...

Did you think to use the rpt as a medium instead of copy paste? Hopefully BIS will give us some better I/O functions some time soon...

Arma need to speak with TS (maybe with rpt)

But teamspeak need also to speak with arma. (to send the player teamspeak id) (here the rpt is useless as far as i know)

Edited by Sulu_03

An idea we had : to adapt range to ground.

If you are in hole, your radio will not emit far away, but if you go on the top of a mountain, you will have far more than 500 meter !

But these idea will cost a lot a processor time...

Did not think that would be possible, and I was not thinking that. I just felt the distance even for this short range radio is way to short and unrealistic, and even for playability for in game we felt it would be better at 1500meters instead of only 500meters as it is now.

in fact for small radios . it seems that 500 m is more realistic than 2000 m. and create the need (as in reality) to have one radio operator with long radio if want to split a tactical forces and still be able to manage them . As in reality .

Edited by BWF-Patryn

This "short range" radio was settled to represent the "fire team" (or squad) network (so, about 1km), and not the "platoon scaled" one (this is the "long range" radio's purpose).

BTW, I know that it's very simple to change this range. ;)

The devs did not focused on a 100% realistic caracteristics, but on the teamplay point of view (as explained patryn right above).

But constructive advices would be very usefull.

I'm very happy to see that addon welcomed in the community.

I also agree with Alderman, the range for a prc 77 as well as a prc 119. As I have used both being a 0331 in the USMC. Their max ranges being a "77" is 8K and a "119" 10K, however, being though you cannot inable weather or obstacles as a inhibitor for this mod for communication. I would consider the ranges to be cut down to aprox. 1/4 its actual ranges. and for the short range comm, considering the comm is a prc 148, as of which I have also used, is a godsend called black gear. yes i would consider the 148 a short range com, however it has saved the lives of many being substituted for a longrange com device. And allowing only itself on this mod at a range of 500 meters is a understatement. Please i beg you increase the range of this wonderfull tool and allow it to pick up freqs of a long range device however not transmit back without a retrans. this com "148" would satisfy myself at a ability of response of 2k for short and long. however being able to pick up long range devices at the ability of the 199 or 77. please pm or directly message myself for further information at xxl7evenlxx@yahoo.com. I myself and the aspiring unit of [3rdMD] are enjoyed to bring arma one step closer to realism and I Thankyou. A.J. Miller [3rdMD]

Band (channel) switch ?

30.00-88.00 in 0.25 increments..

On the server we create those channels.

On the Radio Setup Screen which has to be designed you enter the TS3 server info and channel info (be it frequencies or Alpha1-Alpha2-Bravo1) and you are logged in /switched to that channel.

Or, you can make the address universal if servers are willing to. Something like all the channels has to be under TS3ServerRoot/Arma2/ACE-Operations/30.00-30.25....75.25...80.00

But Radio Setup Interface should be more meaningful so that you provide the info in

Server IP/Name: 1.1.1.1

Port: 9987

Channel: Arma2/ACEPublicServer/Blufor

Frequency:35.25

Many Flight sims do it in TS2 so that you are moved into the channel or or connected to a new server for a new ATC.

being though you cannot inable weather or obstacles as a inhibitor for this mod for communication

That sounds like a bet to me.... :p

Uhh

Be carefull !

Every player have to be in the same channel in teamspeak to get this addon work !

If you disptach your team around multiple channel, you won't be able to hear them.

The wishper teamspeak functionnality is not used.

All the work is done by the 3D placement feature.

Uhh

Be carefull !

Every player have to be in the same channel in teamspeak to get this addon work !

If you disptach your team around multiple channel, you won't be able to hear them.

The wishper teamspeak functionnality is not used.

All the work is done by the 3D placement feature.

If they are in my team they have to set their radio to the correct frequency thus has to be moved into that frequency TS3 channel.

The ACE Radio Interface (needs to be designed!) in A2 should be used to put/switch people into the desired channel where they can use the radio with people who are in that frequency band (TS3channel).

So you need to expand the plugin to use connect/switch/move commands which should feed from the info coming from RadioUI from A2.

ts3server://ts3.hoster.com?port=9987&nickname=UserNickname&password=serverPassword&channel=MyDefaultChannel&channelpassword=defaultChannelPassword&token=TokenKey&addbookmark=1
Edited by Cross

@Cross I want to add some functions like channel switching to the plugin, so you will be able to do what you want in the future if you make a mission witch use this functions.

But thanks to the 3D sound of teamspeak 3, you don't need to switch people to specific channels for the radio. Try the addon ! you will understand how it works. ;)

Edited by Le_CuLtO

Hi!

This mod is really cool. After a slight test we found that our dedicated server crashed when someone died with the addon activated. It happened every time.

Also, instead of "toggle broadcast" as it is now, push to talk broadcast would be much easier and faster.

Hi!

This mod is really cool. After a slight test we found that our dedicated server crashed when someone died with the addon activated. It happened every time.

Also, instead of "toggle broadcast" as it is now, push to talk broadcast would be much easier and faster.

To be more specific, the person that died respawned as an "AI" standing still. The person that died could still run around and the 3d sound worked with him, but we could only see the "AI", not the person himself that died. Then we we killed the "AI" the server crashed.

Short, the person became a spirit running around that nobody could see, but his body was standing still. And when we killed the body, the server crashed.

Do you have the last version of the teamspeak 3 server ?

We play with this plugin since more than 1 month and our server never crashed.

Can you give me the mission ?

Edited by Le_CuLtO

Could someone upload a video showing off the effect, for us not blessed with friends :P

I would suggest this addon should be incorporated into ACE otherwise any TS3 servers that support it and have players who join with ACE mod are not necessarily going to have this addon

I would also suggest a better setup would be to allow the functionality of this addon to work over a channel family rather than an individual channel

so that a for excample company TS3 channel confiuration could be used which would then cater for any size mission that an ArmA2 server can cater for.

For example

BLUFOR (Coy HQ)

..... 1st Plt HQ

..........Alpha Squad

...............Fireteam 1

...............Fireteam 2

..........Bravo Squad

OPFOR (Coy HQ)

..... 1st Plt HQ

..........Alpha Squad

..........Bravo Squad

This would both allow for sensible structuring in the TS3 server channel configuration and typical mission orbats within the ArmA mission

Server crash ?

Did you put the addon on the server ?

Server crash ?

Did you put the addon on the server ?

No, addon is clientside only?

Also, the bisign dosent work with the bikey dosent seem to be

@Cross I want to add some functions like channel switching to the plugin, so you will be able to do what you want in the future if you make a mission witch use this functions.

But thanks to the 3D sound of teamspeak 3, you don't need to switch people to specific channels for the radio. Try the addon ! you will understand how it works. ;)

Lol cheers.. just loaded and tried the key binds and didn't use the menu at all :)

So yes you do have the frequencies and you can save 5 bands-channels already which is great :thumbsup:

Nice..exactly what I was suggesting but your solution is much more elegant :D

No, addon is clientside only?

Yes client side only !

What server is having trouble ?

Arma or TS ?

I would suggest this addon should be incorporated into ACE otherwise any TS3 servers that support it and have players who join with ACE mod are not necessarily going to have this addon

I would also suggest a better setup would be to allow the functionality of this addon to work over a channel family rather than an individual channel

so that a for excample company TS3 channel confiuration could be used which would then cater for any size mission that an ArmA2 server can cater for.

For example

BLUFOR (Coy HQ)

..... 1st Plt HQ

..........Alpha Squad

..........Bravo Squad

OPFOR (Coy HQ)

..... 1st Plt HQ

..........Alpha Squad

..........Bravo Squad

This would both allow for sensible structuring in the TS3 server channel configuration and typical mission orbats within the ArmA mission

Rommel said he'll build on/expand it..

So yes OPFOR radio device should work on a different freq range than Blufor.

You can set your freq structure according to the army structure like

30.00 HQ

31.00 Division level (Broadcast to All divisions)

32.00 Platoon Level (Broadcast to All platoons)

40.00 Infantry

41.00 Alpha

41.10 A-Sq1

41.11 A-SQ1-FT1

41.12 A-SQ1-FT2

41.20 A-Sq2

42.00 Bravo

50.00 Armor

60.00 Air

70.00 Support

So you should be able to listen to 3 channel at the same time.

FTL in A-Sq1-FT1 -> should listen to OWN/SQ1

SL in ASQ1 -> should listen to own/Alpha

Alpha Leader -> should listen to own/Infantry

Inf Leader -> should listen to own/division level/platoon level

or use your radio man or the long range radio to talk to HQ/division level.

Edited by Cross