Sign in to follow this  
Sulu_03

Arma2TS

Jaynus, if you fix the armalib so it works with steam OA I want to make babies with you... or I can offer delicious cake (your choice).

I've grown accustomed to ACRE and right now just general TS3 communication feels... weird.

Doing my best...its a good chunk of work :|

the cake is a lie...

I hope this works with steam OA, I've been really looking forward to the release of this project. You guys just keep doing what your doing, I'd rather wait a while longer for a good product, than have a messed up and buggy one right now...

A look at the RC7 Known Issues suggests to me you should hold off releasing a while longer yet, quite a few 'biggies' in there.

A look at the RC7 Known Issues suggests to me you should hold off releasing a while longer yet, quite a few 'biggies' in there.

What do you consider 'biggies'? We consider everything currently in the known issues section as low at the moment.

A lot of deaths on a single mission will cause weird things to happen with your radios.

Could you try to describe the weird things happening and also some approximate number of deaths required for this?

Could you try to describe the weird things happening and also some approximate number of deaths required for this?

If you have 255 people die within 5 minutes or so and they all have radios of the same type then you wont be able to attain a radio of that type again for a few minutes while our garbage collector collects all the dead radio ids and returns them to the pool of available radio id numbers.

What do you consider 'biggies'? We consider everything currently in the known issues section as low at the moment.

No vehicle radios I'd have thought would be quite disruptive for most missions if they're not written specifically around this.

More testing footage to ease the wait.

First, a compilation of a few missions that show off various aspects of ACRE in actual gameplay.

Uxoi_Bw8T7c

Next, extended footage from one of the missions in the above compilation:

byNfHDAd6lI

No vehicle radios I'd have thought would be quite disruptive for most missions if they're not written specifically around this.

Nothing prevents you from using your personal or manpack radio in the vehicle.

There are just no vehicles yet with radios specifically placed in them.

Thank you Dslyecxi, it truly does whet the appetite as well as ease the pain. Noubernou, is that 'manpack' European, or a gift? LOL.

Edited by Scrub

Thought it was past time I gave this a proper go but I've been unexpectedly laid-low by the simplest of issues, I cannot get the user defined keys to work. I have within my ArmA root (the same folder I'm running arma2oa.exe from)...

\UserConfig\ACRE\acre_keys.hpp

...but the default binds remain however I change the values in this file. The defaults in effect also differ slightly from those listed under CBA in the map menu but neither reflects the key codes I've entered in the hpp. Running CBA v106 with ACRE RC8.1, install is combined A2/OA with 1.52 retail executable.

Does anybody have any idea what I'm missing?

Its a bug in the binarization process Defunkt. It will be fixed next RC release. Right now it seems that the key configs are being binarized and ArmA2 does not read the one in the folder. Gotta figure out why it is doing this.

So right now everything is stuck to the defaults. :( Sorry.

It seems JayArma2Lib does support OA, is it just the 1.52 patch being incompatible? Tested a bit with A2 and ACE, this mod rocks :)

It seems JayArma2Lib does support OA, is it just the 1.52 patch being incompatible? Tested a bit with A2 and ACE, this mod rocks :)

See: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=98647

Our ACRE versions of jayarma2lib are also my test versions for OA support. It supports 1.52 non-steam only.

Also, ACRE in OA has the same issue ACRE+ACE+bwMod has; radio's don't work.

We will not be putting any time or thought into OA-compat until after 1.0 release.

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

Humble Request:

A request to all of you who have been using any of the "black market" copies of ACRE being distributed (e.g. your not in our official testing skype channel)

If any of you are running a copy of RC7 or later, we, the dev team, *really* need to get a hold of dumps of the TS3 "Hangs" everyone seems to randomly experience. I say *hang* and not crash.

If you are running ACRE, and TS3 just hangs and is going to require a task manager kill. DO NOT KILL IT. First, do the following:

1. Open Task Manager

2. Right click the 'ts3client' process

3. Select "Create Dump File"

This will tell you a path in your TEMP folder where the dump file is located. Please e-mail this to me (jaynus@gmail.com) or create an issue in our tracker with the dump attached.

We are currently unable to re-produce this hang, an suspect it has to do with JIP.

Running "black market", you could say, but haven't experienced any hangs. Used the installer from the dev heaven repository, then repacked the core, list, radio and server pbos (prc119 caused that radio to not work ^^) with newer sqf files from the repository. All works perfectly except for the ctrl shift v key (that dialog doesn't do anything, and no more acre key presses work after that). Not sure if the installer version is supposed to be RC7 or what it is :)

Anyone using RC8.1 installer finding some players have 3D positional sound, and other don't?

If you are getting a mix it could be one of two things.

The most common is that they just are not running the plugin right.

The second, is that there is desync in the propagation of the TS3 ID on the arma2 network.

installer finding some players have 3D positional sound, and other don't

in that case TS3 and Arma2 must be "run as administrator"

SSG Clan - ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead + ACRE RC9 Testing

Tobe from Clan SSG filmed last nights game.

Two parts.

Sneak peek for you all, bare in mind this is a BETA and does not represent the final product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BsQBTQtiQQ

Originally created for orientating our guys with the mod. Thanks go out to the ACRE team for allowing us to beta test this fantastic mod :)

rexehuk: great video. really helps appreciate the value of this mod.

Sorry if this has been asked already but will the AI react to the level of players' voices?

e.g. a player shouting will attract more attention from AI than a player whispering

rexehuk: great video. really helps appreciate the value of this mod.

Sorry if this has been asked already but will the AI react to the level of players' voices?

e.g. a player shouting will attract more attention from AI than a player whispering

Short answer: later.

Long answer: Any questions about what features we have, or what we have planned, please check our wiki/roadmap.