Sign in to follow this  
Sulu_03

Arma2TS

It seems the problem was not caused by Arma 2 TS, but Teamspeak 3 itself. Some kind of directsound channel overflow i think. Switching from Dsound to wave output seemed to have solved it.

Has anyone had problems with a2ts version 8, on win xp 64 bit?

64bit ts3 beta 22

Sometimes ts3 crashes, sometimes arma. Its especially sensitive when using the short range radio. Only the 64bit dll plugin insterted.

Has anyone had problems with a2ts version 8, on win xp 64 bit?

64bit ts3 beta 22

Sometimes ts3 crashes, sometimes arma. Its especially sensitive when using the short range radio. Only the 64bit dll plugin insterted.

Yes, from TS3 Beta 21 onwards I had exactly this (with or without A2T), I tried many things but in the end only a move to Windows 7 fixed it.

EDIT: Hah, didn't think of that fix, nevermind, I need to move on in Windows.

It seems the problem was not caused by Arma 2 TS, but Teamspeak 3 itself. Some kind of directsound channel overflow i think. Switching from Dsound to wave output seemed to have solved it.

The only issue I've encountered is (both 32+64) sometimes when transmitting, instead of going over the radio, it goes over the 'direct/voice chat'. So you think you are transmitting over the radio net, but in reality nobody can hear you unless they are close by. It's like using a radio with a intermittently broken PTT button.

Other thoughts:

When in the lobby, alt-tabbed, or not in game, if you have the plugin loaded in TS, it doesn't allow you to communicate in TS at all. The TS TX light comes on, but nobody can hear you. This is by design, since the way you are supposed to transmit is via the ACRE PTT key of course. But it breaks TS as a versatile any-time communications tool, and it's a bit misleading to a user that does not understand what is 'wrong' with their TS. (actually all that is wrong is they have the ACRE TS3 plugin loaded and are not using ACRE in game) In order to disable the plugin, a restart of TS3 was necessary in my case. In other words, when you have the plugin loaded, your TS3 is essentially a slave to ACRE in all voice-chat applicable ways.

Perhaps in a future version after release, a way to make this a bit more obvious/easy to use for the player in this situation, some of the following could be thought about:

• Mute their microphone if the A2 ACRE pipe is down. (via TS3 API) If they have Text to Speech enabled, it gives a notification that the mic is muted. But most importantly, if you attempt to talk when you have your mic muted, TS3 beeps at you to signal that you can't be heard.
    Example Code:
    unsigned int error;
    bool shouldTalk;
    shouldTalk = isPushToTalkButtonPressed(); // Your key detection implementation
    if((error = ts3client_setClientSelfVariableAsInt(scHandlerID, CLIENT_INPUT_DEACTIVATED,
    shouldTalk ? INPUT_ACTIVE : INPUT_DEACTIVATED)) != ERROR_ok) {
    	char* errorMsg;
    	if(ts3client_getErrorMessage(error, &errorMsg) != ERROR_ok) {
    		printf("Error toggling microphone: %s\n", errorMsg);
    		ts3client_freeMemory(errorMsg);
    	}
    return;
    }

• (not as good, but provides meta 'away message') Set them away, with a custom away message like 'Unable to transmit, A2 ACRE not running' Example Code:
    //first do ts3client_setClientSelfVariableAsInt(scHandlerID, CLIENT_AWAY, AWAY_MODE) to actually set away
    if(ts3client_setClientSelfVariableAsString(scHandlerID, CLIENT_AWAY_MESSAGE,"Unable to transmit, A2 ACRE not running") != ERROR_ok) {
    printf("Error setting away message\n");
    return;
    }
    /* then flush changes as usual*/

• Provide a toolbar button to disable ACRE (afaik, this is impossible, TS3 SDK exposes no UI classes), or make the plugin able to cleanly unload without restarting TS. (if this unload issue is caused by the plugin in the first place, otherwise perhaps it's simply a limitation in TS3.)

Concerning the user without plugin exploit problem, here's an idea that may or may not be viable:

• ACRE collects all ACRE enabled TS3 client ids (via backchannel check? can you set client meta-info that another client can query? Like 'I have acre!')
  • Programmatically create and update a whisper list of all users with ACRE. When clients transmit, they aren't transmitting to the channel but rather the group whisper list. Therefore, non ACRE clients cannot hear them at all.
  • This actually fixes the previously mentioned issue of not being able to talk while out of game. If you were out of game, you could talk in the channel. (However it would be annoying to ACRE users in that channel)
  • With a whisper list setup like this, ACRE users could conceivably enter a special 'moderated' channel (ACRE Only) in which nobody has channel speaking rights, solving the above annoyance of non-acre client talk-over. Channels would be essentially irrelevant with whisper lists.

This probably has a few holes I haven't thought of, and it's complicated (the dynamic whisper list), but maybe it is feasible..

Installer Issues: I don't know if it's possible but maybe the installer can check for the file @CBA\.version.txt which would imply that Six is handling that folder, and not bash it. Or check the version value and only copy CBA if older. (likely non-trivial) It's a very minor thing, but if a person previously updates via SIX, then installs ACRE sometime after, they may be confused why their CBA is out of date now. Let me know if you want CIT tickets for any of this stuff.

It's looking great guys, cheers.

Hi folks!

Is 008 version compatible(i mean no bug) and tested with servers with more than 60 people inside?

How long to 1.0? :yay:

as long as a piece of string...:(

More a Tolstois "War and Peace" lenght, or a "Readers Digest"-like lenght?

Thats the question ;) ... anyways - better to wait for the testet version,

than a Bug-Fest.

60 will break you internetz

yesterday we played a pvp match 30vs30 and the server was fine,no lag and no desync(we used equal mod so only ace,acex,duala and cba were running).

But we tought that communications could be improved by the adoption of a2t as official addon for our dinamic campaign,and i need to know if it is tested for servers running more than 50/60 people,because someone told me that a2t has some bugs when there are more than 20 people in the server...

According to DH, ACRE is the new official name.

Is it possible to reconsider it before the addon is released?

I think ACRE doesn't sound good even if it's easier to say than A2TS3.

I don't know, what do you think about ArmASpeak or LiveComm? Maybe something with 3D. (RadioSpeak,RealComm...)

Even if there is a link between the two, why does the addon have to be named after ACE?

My two cents before the imminent release.

edit: I found it! ARMACOM :)

Edited by Lonestar

really????

really??????

why are we so concerned wtih what it is called?

I would rather have a bug free, feature filled addon that adds an immense amount of realism.

I could care less if it was called Nou's and Jaynus's steaming pile of awesomesauce.

Is it possible to get information on how to make radios from another addon compatible with this? I'm helping a guy with his addon and his radios should be compatible with upcoming version of this mod since it is used extensively by our squad. In the current version you have to modify an array directly, hopefully this won't be necessary?

this mod could be called purple pony for all i care, and it will still be good, if your that anal about a name, just make up your own uber leet hax cool dude name with the link to ACRE and fap away.

Hows the TS issue coming along Nou?

this mod could be called purple pony for all i care, and it will still be good, if your that anal about a name, just make up your own uber leet hax cool dude name with the link to ACRE and fap away.

Hows the TS issue coming along Nou?

RC2 is out for our testers... ;)

And the name will not be changing. We are happy with ACRE, goes along nice with ACE. :p

How do you suppose to pronouce it anyway?

ACRE - eiker?

Yes like that, like a parcel of land.

This parcel of land is 1000 acres, etc.

I noticed the installer installs mods without signed keys.

- As we have signed mods only allowed, do the mods come with keys?

- Will the addons be available by six updater also?

I noticed the installer installs mods without signed keys.

- As we have signed mods only allowed, do the mods come with keys?

- Will the addons be available by six updater also?

Yes, it will all be signed for official release. We pump out so many versions for testing, that we haven't bothered doing any signing until its an official version. This goes in line with the fact we package (sometimes old) versions of CBA with it. This is, again, strictly to make testing easier for all involved. I think we have somewhere in the range of 200-300 people regularly testing the mod, if we include all the communities that have been testing on a regularly basis for us.

Is it possible to get information on how to make radios from another addon compatible with this? I'm helping a guy with his addon and his radios should be compatible with upcoming version of this mod since it is used extensively by our squad. In the current version you have to modify an array directly, hopefully this won't be necessary?

Yes, we will be providing a "modders guide", which will include the API's and classes which must be implemented in order to allow compatibility with ACRE.

"ACRE Dolphins"

This is the culmination of what happens when we spend the past 4 hours testing and re-producing and testing and re-producing the same bug.

4oxuD4Gnh2M

Enjoy!

I could care less if it was called Nou's and Jaynus's steaming pile of awesomesauce.

NAJSPA

I like ACRE, because acre is a measurement of distance usually applied to terrain, the effect distance has on the radio quality is distinctive in this addon, so it fits.

"ACRE Dolphins"

This is the culmination of what happens when we spend the past 4 hours testing and re-producing and testing and re-producing the same bug.

4oxuD4Gnh2M

Enjoy!

GOD MY EARS

:eek:

put a warning somewhere!

"ACRE Dolphins"

[YOUTUBE]4oxuD4Gnh2M[/Y

Enjoy!

"They're coming out of the goddamn walls!"

"ACRE Dolphins"

Enjoy!

hmm... nasty...

Are you near the edge of the transmit/receive range ? or does this happen anywhere ?