Sign in to follow this  
Sulu_03

Arma2TS

We want to keep the a2ts3 prefix because thats what our code uses, and its annoying to have to change it...

Lawl, comon now. http://www.powergrep.com/replace.html

Disregarding any differences, if the original devs continue providing updates to the old version, wouldn't that make things somewhat confusing? New releases keep coming about, will they continue along after the new ver from Nou's team comes out? (I am guessing no, but you never know)

To those that are annoyed by this in some way, or think who cares, so sorry! Even the OP for this thread suggested it. (you know, the guy that told you all about A2T in the first place!) A name is somewhat trivial, but I'm sure you'll be talking about it a lot in comms. And since the new version is a completely new thing, I bet there's not a bit of code from the old version, maybe it should differentiate itself with a slick name? (depends on if the new version supersedes the old one I guess)

To clear up any confusion (darkhorse!):

The original was sometimes called A2T (modfolder for addon, six repo) and sometimes ArmA2TS. (docs and stuff)

The new one is going to be called A2TS3 per Nou's last post.

Cheers!

Oh and some others:

ARS is actually good, sim or sys.

SIMCGARS (play on SINCGARS)

CNR - Combat Net Radio

The one I thought had the most promise was JTRS (jit-ters) which is Joint Tactical Radio System irl (replacing SINCGARS), but could be Joint Teamspeak Radio Simulation. (but hopefully someone could think of a better replacement for J.. :))

Edited by oktane

We think that A2TS3 is a significant enough change from the original name, its already the name on DH, in our files, etc (though CBA allows prefix changing pretty easily), etc.

Like I said I wouldn't have a problem prefixing A2TS3 with something else, maybe ARE (Advanced Radio Environment) lol to make it all ACE sounding. :p

ARE:A2TS3

maybe ARE (Advanced Radio Environment) lol to make it all ACE sounding. :p

Ha, ARE you receiving me? But seriously while the acronym is somewhat cheez, the meaning is good. Environment symbolizing the LOS simulation.

If you are a farmer, you may like:

ACRE Advanced Combat Radio Environment, which is easy to repeat but again kind of cheezy. :)

Ha, ARE you receiving me? But seriously while the acronym is somewhat cheez, the meaning is good. Environment symbolizing the LOS simulation.

If you are a farmer, you may like:

ACRE Advanced Combat Radio Environment, which is easy to repeat but again kind of cheezy. :)

Fuuh! I love it actually!

ACRE, A2TS3

Hrmmm...

How about RASIM? For radio simulation. I mean why "extended" or "advanced" if there hasn't been any before.

ACRE sounds nice though.

RASIM sounds like RACISM if you say it wrong or fast! :p

I really like ACRE, especially since most of the people working on this are also ACE2 devs. ;)

Gotta discuss it with Rommel, Vig and Jay though before we go making crazy changes. :p

Jeez you gotta get that speech disorder cured :p

By the way, i hope there will be a way to use that stuff without ACE. Since arrowhead ships with a lot of features which ACE had, the only things i would really miss are the weapon rest and CQB optics stuff. So in our unit we will have to reconsider whether it's worth it.

I mean what is really required from ACE? Just the radio models, right?

Jeez you gotta get that speech disorder cured :p

By the way, i hope there will be a way to use that stuff without ACE. Since arrowhead ships with a lot of features which ACE had, the only things i would really miss are the weapon rest and CQB optics stuff. So in our unit we will have to reconsider whether it's worth it.

I mean what is really required from ACE? Just the radio models, right?

Yes, but it works with out ACE as well right now. All you need is CBA, Jayarma2lib (which will be included) and of course the radio addons.

:) There is a lot more that ACE2 does that OA wont do though too... ;)

Good to hear.

I know there is more to ACE. But while great potential in the medical systems is not developped, systems like the refueling one get introduced. We would have to decide whether using ACE for 2, 3 or 4 features is really necessary. And i'd hate to have to run ACE for the radio simulation. ;)

NouberNou's A2TS3

Anyway back on the old topic, is there a possibility of a weekend release to get excited for? [yes i know to look out for kids trying to snatch brownie points for asking this]

The group i play with have a game next week and I'm are wondering if there would be time if so to implement it to the mission and have a ball with it.

How about RASIM? For radio simulation. I mean why "extended" or "advanced" if there hasn't been any before.

A2T came before, from the Blackwater.fr guys, see the original post. (Nou has a separate dev team for the new version, for good or bad the thread is intertwined with discussion from the original and Nou's new rewrite)

Advanced because it riffs off of ACE, which stands for Advanced Combat Environment. It's safe to say it's the 'advanced' version of A2T too. (regarding the original) Advanced can also mean realism, realistic, I think ACE may use it in this regard.

Environment because it riffs off ACE again, but more importantly it encompasses everything (relevant) regarding radio simulation to this game. (or will in the future, I'm sure the devs have far reaching dreams :))

Or, Environment could mean the environmental interaction the radio simulation has as one of it's primary features. (distortion, signal propagation based on terrain, etc)

Since it interoperates with ACE, and it's codebase shares a lot of the same coding syntax/rules/macros/userconfig system (via CBA really), and developers themselves are intertwined, it isn't that much of a stretch. :)

Cheers

Edited by oktane

NouberNou's A2TS3

Anyway back on the old topic, is there a possibility of a weekend release to get excited for? [yes i know to look out for kids trying to snatch brownie points for asking this]

The group i play with have a game next week and I'm are wondering if there would be time if so to implement it to the mission and have a ball with it.

possibly... We have been giving Alphas out to people to test with in our test group (though a number are not around much!).

BTW the alphas are out there if you look hard... ;)

ACRE's a pretty good acronym, really. Certainly much less of a mouthful to say.

And so it begins...:yay:

Edited by alex911

possibly... We have been giving Alphas out to people to test with in our test group (though a number are not around much!).

Maybe a little tip were to find it...Goggle says nothing^^

Is there a player limit with V1.0?

Theoretically no. Technically you can only have out 256 radios of each type... but other than that, no.

is there a key to adjust normal speaking like a2t first version ? whisper/normal/yelling

is there a key to adjust normal speaking like a2t first version ? whisper/normal/yelling

Not at the moment no... :P You have to really yell or whisper for now...

We want to figure out first off if we really need it (do people actually use it) and second if we do need it how can we implement it in a way that is not intrusive and doesn't require remembering even more keybinds.

You have to really yell or whisper for now...

I'd personally say that's the better solution.

Umm, we use it all the time.

In fact, during one of our training sessions, one of our squad leaders used the yell mode and was shouting so loud that his neighbours rang at his door to make sure he is fine. :D

Sure but for giving orders while taking and returning fire, it's just not enough.

It can be heard very far, but not really understood.