Sign in to follow this  
Sulu_03

Arma2TS

I just wanted to say thanks to those people for what they did so far.

It is very much appreciated :)

I'll second that!

Unit 19, as a tank simulation group, has been using A2TS since it came out.

I have been following this thread closely since it was posted and can see, especially these last weeks, that some individuals here are really putting in alot of work in this project. I just wanted to say thanks to those people for what they did so far.

It is very much appreciated :)

I also very much thankful to all the people who developed Arma2ts and now make it more powerful and interesting. Thank you very much indeed! With arma2ts our squad missions and training became amazingly realistic and immersive. We even developed our own radio communication discipline and from now on it is a requirement for everyone in the squad.

:bounce3: :bounce3: Thanks again. :yay:

hey guys !

i have the last version of arma ts and i have the latest ts3 version but i don`t see the plugin in teamspeak3 of arma.

anybody ?

anybody ?

Have you done the bold part. From first page. Also, look at the videos aswell, they well done.

1) Download the addon

2) Extract the @a2t folder in your Arma base path.

3) Extract the TeamSpeak folder content into your Teamspeak 3 client plugins folder.

4) Activate the VOIP Arma 2 in your teamspeak 3 interface.

5) Launch.......

Edited by SAbre4809

An issue comes up when you don't have earplugs and you go deaf. You can't hear the other person even after you recover from the temporary deaf state. Is that a bug or?...

Have you done the bold part. From first page. Also, look at the videos aswell, they well done.

well yes i did that always

well yes i did that always

TS3 Beta 21 is not backwards compatible with plugins.

pluggin for ts3 beta 21 is 008 already released

Sort of. Right now, you can use our custom objects *or* ACE radio objects. we do have full ace_compat; all ACE radios right now get the PRC119 GUI and settings. So - this means all missions which had just ACE radios on them will work just fine. The reason for this is we will be extending to far more radios above and beyond ACE, and we needed a way to do this.

So to answer your question: If people use our radio objects, its required; if they keep on using ACE objects (including base arma ItemRadio, we work with that too) then there will be no changes to requiredAddons.

I wanted to clarify the issue a bit so uninformed people do not appear as total trolls to server admins who know what we are discussing here. Or even to server admins that may currently think that the server side addon is a bad thing. First, why small required addons are bad in certain senarios, (very optional long explanation follows)..

Since the beginning of time (OFP), there have been issues with addon dependencies/requirements, specifically with public servers. Much moreso with the advent of JIP. You see, the great mass of people that play the game MP are not as informed as a lot of the posters to this thread. A lot of people have a good time just joining servers they can actually get on to without getting kicked off due to addon dependencies. These are what some would call the 'pubbers', this is not a disparaging label to me at least.

If you have been a server admin for a length of time and understand this game's inherent issues with addons, you are stuck in a struggle. The struggle is that between your regular players (or group/clan, your buds which you play with regularly) and that of the pubbers. To understand this, you must first realize that the player 'pool' is very small with this game, or none of this would be an issue. Your group/buds want new content, they are the guys dedicated to this game, and the old equipment/vehicles/islands looses it's luster and they'd like to try all this great new stuff that the community puts out. The pubbers on the other hand, they are usually not very dedicated at first, they may know very little about this forum and community, about addons, about our community sites like armaholic, but they are still a potential player and cannot be ignored. This is where narrow sighted or elitism comes in a bit with some folks, they say who gives a shit about the pubbers.. if they don't know how to get XYZ required addon, well screw em. This is not an inviting or sustainable (for the game as a whole) way to treat the largest group of players to this game. The simple reason is that we all need more players for our servers, and those same 'stupid pubbers without a clue' end up being the people that eventually join your groups and you have beers with later on. They are the same as YOU were when you first got the game and you didn't have a clue, either you figured it out yourself or someone helped you out. (the latter being more likely) When you shut them out, the server player count drops, and not even your buds want to play on an near-empty server. And as people leave, the pool just drains more and more, the potential new players are shut out and just have an impression of 'well I got this game and it was cool a few times, but half the servers wouldn't let me in and I never got around to understanding where to get what I needed, overall it seemed like an unpolished turd". All that person really may have needed was someone to introduce him to the great mounds of information and perhaps lent a hand and it would have had a completely different outcome.

Please note that this issue is completely irrelevant to people running private servers, tourny servers, or basically any type of server that does not have much interest in inviting and playing with 'new players' off the street. (and even helping them out) In other words, inviting to the people brought in purely by the in game server browser. Maybe this seems too altruistic for some, but it is practiced by many servers and I believe it is beneficial in growing the community, even if only by a small measure.

There one instance which has come to be an exception to this whole depressing scenario is LARGE addon packs, ie: total conversions like ACE. This is why it is absolutely fantastic that ACE provides so much additional content with a single download (more or less, via six updater) It is been my experience, that when they see 100 ACE2 servers, the pubbers generally figure it out. They need this huge mod if they want to play, and that's okay, it still slightly effects player count negatively but it is still acceptable because of it's popularity and adoption rate across multiple servers.

If you've gotten this far, obviously what is not ideal is requiring a single small addon to join the server, of which many people are not going to know about. There are tons of awesome little addons that I'd love to run as a public server admin, but I can't because it will result in an confusing & complicated mod list and end up keeping the pubbers away inadvertently, thereby decreasing the quality of play for even the people that DO have everything and are on the server. (because the server then sometimes becomes a graveyard)

All of this is because of the many problems within Arma, things that make this game very difficult to understand and use to someone new, things the developers have slowly been addressing but the core issues still remain. Number one thing is that when a player does not have an addon which is required by the server* then he is kicked off with a pretty nonsensical error box listing off the missing classnames of the addons he does not have. Automatic addon synchronization would solve this of course, but this is a huge undertaking by our indie developer. 3rd party tools are not known to new people. If they can't get in the server so we can send them even a single chatline saying 'hello, you can go here to get what you need' (addon or sync tool), then what? They go somewhere else where they can get in.

*Specifically, an addon that is required by the server (meaning the server forces the client to have it) falls under the following categories:

• An addon which is used in the mission, non-optionally. It will be listed within the mission's requiredAddons list, in mission.sqm. ACE is an example, when playing an ACE mission. Any new island obviously, falls under this. When a player doesn't have this, he's immediately kicked off the server automatically.
  • An addon which in one way or another, prevents the player from being able to either load the mission after joining, or playing due to some features being missing that are core to the gameplay.

Now what you are describing Jay, does not sound like either of those. A player which does not have Arma2TS, should still be able to play the mission theoretically. He may get a popup on loading which says 'missing classname radioxyz' which would be the radio object. (if the custom radio is in use) But his presence (hopefully) should not break other people's arma2ts experience, nor should he really be prevented from playing, other than suffering some invisible radio objects. (his loss)

This has nothing to do with what the Arma2TS users require, the addon, jayarmalib, etc. It just has to do with how a client without arma2ts handles the situation, hopefully it wont affect anything on his end or on other clients, just like it didn't effect anything in the first version. Ie, it doesn't hurt anything if someone doesn't have it. Everything (including the server) keeps on truckin. Nobody has issue here with a server side plugin at all (I don't think, unless due to confusion), in fact I'm glad it's handling things instead of clients. :) The only issue I could see arising is, as you mentioned, if you have an editor placable object which a mission designer uses, thereby blocking people that don't have arma2ts from joining. But a competent server admin can always edit the mission to remove this requirement. (edit mission.sqm's requiredAddons) There is no way the arma2TS team can get around this without requiring some mod with radio objects in it. (ie, ace) And they have stated they don't wish to do that.

If you're still confused: To summarize, there shouldn't be an issue with the new arma2ts at all. It won't be forced. Biggest thing is you may have to do is edit a mission to remove the classname from requiredAddons if the mission designer put it in there.

I had a dream last night... a dream where comms in Arma changed the way the game is played.

Will my dream come true today? :p

Great work on the mod so far, start commenting your code now, otherwise you are going to kill yourselves bug tracking this.

it's possible to have a release in the week i think jaynus tomorow creat the documentation for A2ts

it's possible to have a release in the week i think jaynus tomorow creat the documentation for A2ts

M1n1d0u, you ask EVERYDAY! It will be done when it is. If I had the choice, every day you ask I would add another day to the release date. Actually, I'm going to bring that up now.

what ? i say just it's smell a soon release ... because i see jaynus work on the documentation ....

M1n1d0u, you ask EVERYDAY! It will be done when it is. If I had the choice, every day you ask I would add another day to the release date. Actually, I'm going to bring that up now.

He's eager to use it. What you've said, on the other hand, is simply spiteful. There's a big difference between the two.

I agree with h3killa. We are all eager to use it, but asking each and every day if there's news, when it's gonna be released, etc. etc. has gotten very old, very fast.

valley_signal_map_tn.jpg

Since we haven't a release, here is a new teaser signal map. :D

Ambush central!

woow very low "dispertion" , very realist !

Since we haven't a release, here is a new teaser signal map. :D

Ambush central!

That looks really cool! Could you do another one of these but in the forests east of Msta? That area has a ton of high hills. (Between Three Valleys and Msta)

I wonder how the signal map would look if the emitter was on the hill. It wouldn't look so obvious as in valley.

Anyways - this is just awesome! But in other hands means no compatibility with other maps than Charnearus?

I wonder how the signal map would look if the emitter was on the hill. It wouldn't look so obvious as in valley.

Anyways - this is just awesome! But in other hands means no compatibility with other maps than Charnearus?

Good question :confused:

Good question :confused:

The mod handles this per map I believe, this isn't a preset. It's just a broadcast test he did using the mod.