Sign in to follow this  
Sulu_03

Arma2TS

Will this be compatible with the ACE radios? Just curious...

Yes, they already are. But since ACE doesn't supply GUI's, we just have to pick the best one we have.

Great demo vids, keep up the hard work!

Really hope this gradually becomes the standard amongst realism units.

it hurts to the bone we cant use it :)

If you love this mod don't read. It will only upset you :p

I would use that world quite sparingly. ->I<- have used it and ->I<- would be included in "we".

:rolleyes:

Really hope this gradually becomes the standard amongst realism units.

Oh yeah, I'm sure the 10th SFG and the JSOC Community will be using this.

Awesome stuff guys! Your hard work is very much appreciated!

Can't wait for this.

The white noise in the first video sounded a little loud, though. It was almost like a waterfall.

i can't wait ! everyday i look this post to see if it's release lol

Now that signal distortion video is awesome.

I've only used the norwegian MRR myself, don't know how different that is from the PRC-119, but that video brought up (un)pleasant memories of barely readable voices from somewhere in the ether (read: the next valley over).

my "F5"-KEY is broken now :( :D :D

yeah the white noice should be a little lower.

did you get that distortion effect by bit-reduction ? sounds a little like it. know that

effect from my music-productions ;)

Haha yea we are using the default FMOD DSP plugins, one is a white noise oscillator and the other is a distortion effect. They sorta suck though, they are a bit heavy handed. We can tie into VST effects units but the way that TS3 handles FMOD object is a bit... wtf-ish so we are having some issues there. We need to bug the TS3 team about that to see what they suggest/can change.

On the other hand though we ran into some desync issues last night. Check the roadmap, sorry guys pushed back till friday. Hopefully we can release soon after that. We just want to make sure that we aren't going to give people something that makes them go "WTF IS THSI #*%*&*%#&) I HATE YOU GUYS!*%&*#%)#" :p

Excellent looking mod and i am curious to see it. That said, take your time there mate as nobody gets paid anyway:D

Awesome to see you guys are closing in on the finish. Good luck with that last part there!

looks seriously awesome guys, can't wait for release :D

Just to give everyone a quick update -

We just had a massive network-layer rewrite happen; working out the "oops fat fingers" now, and performing another big test this evening to see how it handles.

We'll keep it all posted on how it goes this time :)

oki we can hope to have a release this weekend ? massive coop !

Good news everybody! We had a number of medium sized tests today, and besides some aesthetic bugs and issues the system feels rock friggin solid! :D We are going to polish up tmrw and hope to have a release really really soon (like within 48 to 72 hours!).

I am tweaking the terrain model now (this will be an ongoing thing) and running some more maps while I hit the sack.

Thanks to the guys over at TG and some Shacktac folk for helping out tonight!

100% and no udapte ? any new problem ?

new problem would be: they need sleep ;) give them the time to testing/finish their work.

at least you have a good info, that the work is done.

can´t wait to use it.

No real new problems, we are just testing a bit, polishing up a few little details. We want to make sure its as smooth as it can be for 1.0.

Remember though 1.0 is not feature complete. Since this is such a large project consider everything a beta (google style, as in it works pretty well, but is constantly changing) for at least the foreseeable future! :)

The tests we have had the last few days though have been really good! Desync is pretty much gone, and any that might remain from it will NOT affect radio broadcasts.

Until we get crypto or frequency hopping or something though we would not recommend this for team vs. team because it is pretty easy to cheat. TS3 displays the frequency that you are on in your info. :P

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

new problem would be: they need sleep ;) give them the time to testing/finish their work.

at least you have a good info, that the work is done.

can´t wait to use it.

Yes. I am in bed right now. I have to take care of dogs this weekend too, but they are being good (right now). :p

BTW this is a community request: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/10890

If you know any Russians who can do some digging for us, or former Russian military or anything! :D

and did you planed to release the V1.0 (RC) before 8pm GMT+1 ?

I know an active Ukraine military pilot, i'll ask him this evening to help.

Hes a nice guy, and i'm pretty sure that he'll help, cause he loves the current release of A2T too. :)

I know an active Ukraine military pilot, i'll ask him this evening to help.

Hes a nice guy, and i'm pretty sure that he'll help, cause he loves the current release of A2T too. :)

That would be awesome! Pictures, manuals, links to pictures/manuals, or his life story about radios...anything. No one seems to know anything about Russian radios :)