Sign in to follow this  
Sulu_03

Arma2TS

Just a reminder.

Can you please add the missing "ACE_UH60M" (the brown army one) to the list of vehicles? Btw, this addon simply blows me away :)

New radio classes that have appeared since then, in ACE:

"ACE_PRC119_MAR", "ACE_PRC119_ACU" (might be some east ones, haven't checked).

New vehicle classes that have arrived since then, in ACEX:

"Truck5t", "Truck5tOpen", "Truck5tMG", "Truck5tMGOpen" (might be other vehicles which I don't use).

Currently in my mission I have an army part where almost none of its vehicles have LR capability, and a USMC part where all its vehicles have LR capability, and stuck with the old ugly "ACE_ANPRC77" radio since none of the newer radio ruck models won't work with a2t since they are missing in the addons array of radios.

If you are waiting for a new stable ACE release, then fine. Would just be nice to know if development continues or if has gone stagnant. :)

---

Edit: I noticed that the addons init.sqf uses local array variables _bwf_radio and _vehicules. If these were made global variables, would it be possible for a mission to redefine them? I've never tried though. But if so they would need to be properly indexed, so the name doesn't appear in other addons.

That could lead to a whole new world of possibilities: Redefine arrays according to updates in other addons (as my ACE problem above), encryption simulation (can't use east radios i.e.), denying a radio in a mission (radio broke in a SAR mission i.e.), or giving static objects a radio (like deployed HQ vehicle or radio model).

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Ok thanks for your class summary i updated the .pbo

Added "ACE_PRC119_MAR" and "ACE_PRC119_ACU" radios

Added "Truck5t", "Truck5tOpen", "Truck5tMG", "Truck5tMGOpen" and "ACE_UH60M" vehicles

http://94.23.41.117/arma/addons/arma2ts/arma2ts_v006.zip

You just need to update the arma addon, not the plugin.

For the global variables request, I don't want to do it my self, Johnson made the arma side addon, and I don't want to make any mistake.

I think it's a good request, will talk to Johnson about it.

And don't forget: you can do all want with this addon without our permission so you can modify it and release your changes ;)

As already stated, I did a typo when creating the post, I am not at home so I can't see the actual name of the folder. He obviously used the correct name, especially considering that he also ended up using a launcher.

If he uses launcher, that means it probably loads add-ons in the alphabetical order. I am not sure, but loading @a2t first, and then @CBA may overwrite something. I don't know, that's my guess.

There's basically no chance to addon not to load (resulting no additional action menu options) if he does things correctly. I bet he has some stupid mistake like lack of "addons" subdir in the @a2t folder or smth.

Made some English installation tutorials for this awesome mod

Hope this is helpful for some

part 1

part 2

Very good!! Thank you, this will for sure help people!!

Hi, guys. First, Id like to thanks for this impressive addon which pushes playing experience pretty forward. I have just one question. Are there any possibilities how to make radio boradcast activation "push-to-talk" way? It would be much more comfy and realistic as well.

Keep doing great work.

assign a push to talk button in TS3 and after you active the radio press the PTT that's the way , and if you want a real PTT you should wait the a2ts udapte

could someone nudge someone to update the Six Updater version to 006 too? :P Of course it would be easy for me to update manually from the DL link but since I'm maintaining multiple servers remotely via Six it will be better for consistency to update via Six...

Hey guys i can't use this addon,ive followed instructions but...no way

I've got TS3 updated to 3.0.0-beta20 [build: 10723]

so i've downloaded the 006 version of the addon

put the @at2 in my arma2 folder

then i have put the files inside TeamSpeak folder(arma2ts and arma2ts_64 dll(i have x64 OS))

but when i have to find the new plug in the ts3 plugin menu' i can't find it...

what am i doing wrong?

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

problem solved thx

inside TeamSpeak folder

You have to use the Teamspeak\PLUGINS folder, not the Teamspeak root installation folder..maybe that's why you can't see the plugin in your TS client?

Can you tell me how you solved the problem?

Try watching these videos...

If links are dead..search You Tube for "A2T Installation by TFBlackJack"..

It might be nice to place this info in the first post.

Hello there.

We have small community with own dedicated server and yoma's addonsync on it, with signatures checking and battleye ENABLED. We also have own dedicated TS3 server ( different dedicated computer that gameserver ).

That means on every computer (dedicated server or every client) is the same version of BETA, A2TS, ACE-DEV, CBA-DEV, MMA. Usually we play almost every day, about 6-8 players together.

The versions are always all latest avaible on internet.

And now conlusions:

a) TS3 client crashing (i will add here exact error message later).

This problems occurs ON ALL TS3 clients, which have 32bit OS and 32bit version of TS3. No one 64bit TS3 client is crashing ! So, there is problem in TS3 32bit client OR in A2TS 32bit plugin. 64bit versions works good.

b) Randomly some clients (both 32bit and 64bit) are not hearing each other on beginning afther they connect to the game, but some others clients hear them 3D OK. This happening also thru game, someone will loose ability to hear ANYONE or only SOME clients in TS3. But they can still hear "noise" from SHORT/LONG radios but not voices there (not direct 3D voices, not SHORT/LONG radio voices, only "radio noise" from them. Very often clients can hear some other clients GOOD as they should (direct 3D/Short-Long radios) but they can't hear some others clients. So it is very hard to determine, who have actually "problem", so oftly we are all restarting TS3 clients to solve this soon as possible and continue playing.

This sencond problem can be solved, but the way how to do it is each time different.

Sometimes it is enought to SWITCH to win desktop and back to the game. Sometimes they must completly close TS3 and open it again. There was some clients, which was not able to solve this problem by closing/openning TS3 client, but restarting theyr game.

First problem is very important, because many players still can't have 64bit clients, so they don't use A2TS plugin, because random crashing of theyr's TS3 32bit clients (from 1 to 5x per hour). When you find sollution how to fix it or you can make some work around to help, when problem is located in 32bit version of TS3 client, we can test deeply the second problem.

I have one more request. Can you add to A2TS addon functionality, to temporally turn OFF using of OS clipboard ? When i need to send someone something, i switch to desktop, so game is minimalized, but i am receiving a2ts tags to the clipboard. Perhaps you can add some "hidden" testing button to the SHORT RADIO GUI for disabling clipboard, maybe for 1minute (for safety reasons). Perhaps maybe you can add there even more, some kind of hidden "reset" test button, which restart A2TS arma addon internally.

For all questions please writte me:

anunnaki@ahaportal.com

For testing purposes, join us/test with us:

A2 ded. game server Name: Extel's reality ....

A2 ded. game server IP/DNS: arma.extel.sk

TS3 server IP/DNS server: ts.extel.sk

YAS: http://www.games.extel.sk/armarepo/yas2302.7z

Web: www.arma.extel.sk

Forum: www.arma.extel.sk/forum

Edited by Anunnaki Nibiru

A2TS3 UPDATE

1. Clipboard is gone. We are now using jayarma2lib(yes, mine) to use pipe communications. This is a 100% reliable and lose less communication channel.

2. Terrain obstruction is now 100% implemented and working. See Example video below.

3. Communication between TS3 and ArmA2 have now been optimized; no weird "everyone can hear you bugs".

4. All signals, distances, and strengths on radios are 100% realistic. This includes signal strength, broadcast strength, location, terrain, you name it! Radios are *not* based off of "short range" or "long range". They are based off of broadcast strength (mW) and terrain. There *IS* is short range or long range, just your radio battery :)

Example Terrain and Distortion Test:

Z9uwHwyqKBs

Example Gui:

a2pKKHrhPFw

1. Clipboard is gone. We are now using jayarma2lib(yes, mine) to use pipe communications. This is a 100% reliable and lose less communication channel.

Please tell me you've negotiated a BattlEye exception for this, I for one would consider it terrible news if not.

A2TS3 UPDATE

Hi Jaynus !

It sounds unbelievable (points 2 to 4) ! Is somewhere this "updated" version for download ? We wish to have it on our server permanently soon as possible.

Edited by Anunnaki Nibiru

Hi Jaynus !

It sounds unbelievable ! Is somewhere this "updated" version for download ? We wish to have it on our server permanently soon as possible.

Not yet no. We hope to have a beta or early release out though very soon.

Good to see this addon close to the release.

Johnson and me are too lazy to update our addon :P

hehe =) this prety cool i really want test it :p

Glad to hear this. is there going to be a 64bit Version?

Nice work man, can't wait for this to come out and the fact that people like yourselves have taken up the code and improved upon it.

jaynus, does the programm still requires players in 1 channel? Can you make it works for many cannels at one time?

jaynus, does the programm still requires players in 1 channel? Can you make it works for many cannels at one time?

No. One channel only for right now. There should be no reason for this to be an issue as we now do dynamic muting and unmuting based on players positions and radio frequencies in game. When a player is muted in TS3 you receive NO NETWORK TRAFFIC from them. You tell the server you are muting this person and the server ignores traffic from them to you. This should solve some issues with TS servers getting big bottle necks.