Sign in to follow this  
Sulu_03

Arma2TS

for updates on the arma side, ask sulu_03, that's his job :D

if he doesn't respond on this topic, you can flood him using pm :D

There are also 2 new variants of the PRC-119 radio, classnames ACE_PRC119_MAR and ACE_PRC119_ACU

Suggestions for improvements:

1) In the radio menues, a possibility to turn off the mod completely. Maybe some kind of debug switch to enable it. This would be a godsend when you are trying to debug a multiplayer mission and needs to do some copy & pasting of regular texts.

2) When talking is used, reveal player to nearby AI depending on the talk mode.

3) Same with player carried long range radio and short range radio transmissions. I'm assuming headset for reception, so nothing should happen there.

But, reveal only to AIs.

1) should not be implemented this since it defeats the purpose of the mod, having players turning of their radiomod all the time will create chaos in the channel this has been tested out in tactical gamer, with people not running their mod and creating lots of confusion

2) this is not even implemented for the original game the voip is not revealing your position good luck on that for me i'dlike to have it that way cause the AI is godlike and can see through grass from before so yeah I like to be silent to the AI ;)

3) same as above ;)

Edited by ScareCroweb

1. Clipboard issue

While "turned off", TS3 shouldn't produce any sound at all. That would eliminate that problem. The purpose is to be able to use the clipboard when needed. A player could say that he will be off the grid for a few seconds. I.e. copying & pasting server data to a friend who is looking for the TS server :)

Could be done like this: When both radios are turned off, clipboard is not being updated. That would not interfere with the purpose of the mod.

2. Reveal system

Only for nearby AI, distance depending on voice mode. We can already hear AI when they are communicating nearby in coops, why not also the other way around? The point would be discipline; talk and risk being detected, or use builtin directchat to simulate missing hand signals. You could even go further, and analyze the scene around you. If loud vehicles nearby, it would drown a whisper. Doesn't it work like this already for PvP games (which I don't play)? Want to be silent to the AI? Don't talk - that's all about realism and immersion for me. And, yes, I would walk straight into my own trap several times before I would get used to the idea :)

AI and grass is another issue. But I'll give them that as a freebie since AI is also AI - not being able to think like a human and do "proper" reactions. They do so many stupid things they deserve something going in their direction :D

Now, if we only had a "chat animation" - similar to old Unreal Tournament. Here a typing character would take a special pose indicating his activity. I think I'll suggest this to the ACE team, if at all possible.

Just thinking out loud here, giving some input and feedback.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Quick question guys-

Is it worthwhile downloading the latest TeamSpeak 3 version and your quick-fix updates for that TS3 version, or would you recommend staying on v3 of your mod and the relevent TS3 version that works with it?

Hi, I am unable to download the latest version. It appears the DL link it broken again

Hi

Im having a small trouble with this awesome mod

When im using short wave radio to speak with my teammates, I can barely hear them, while direct speak is just fine. I max increased radio volume in my Arma/audio/radio settings but that doesn't help.

Any help? Suggestions?

Im on v005

Tnx

diabolic , you're friend join the party in progress ?

diabolic , you're friend join the party in progress ?

No. Mostly We all start from the same time. They hear me just fine, but i can't hear them very good over the radio. Is there some waye to increase sound?

right clic on the pseudo (on ts3) and change volume

right clic on the pseudo (on ts3) and change volume

What is pseudo? Where do I found it?

Tnx

Diabolic, do you use headhpones? Maybe your speaker setup is wrong, and Teamspeak tries to send you data through absent device (ie. center speaker) at 100% volume, and low volume for rest (because otherwise you would feel in stereo like deaf for one ear)

Go to your system playback settings and configure speakers.

Diabolic, do you use headhpones? Maybe your speaker setup is wrong, and Teamspeak tries to send you data through absent device (ie. center speaker) at 100% volume, and low volume for rest (because otherwise you would feel in stereo like deaf for one ear)

Go to your system playback settings and configure speakers.

Im using Headphones

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

I guess he means pseudonym or nickname.

Tnx. Ill give it a try

I knew it was a mistake (which was why I'd put it off) but I finally accepted the TS prompt to update and downloaded the matching 005 archive and now I can't use it at all. CPU utilization hogs an entire core (and I only have two) making ArmA unplayable. I used to have this problem from time-to-time with earlier versions but not with the previous one (004a I think). Has some poor code slipped back into use?

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Er... okay, utilization returns to normal levels when I connect to a server, odd, possibly it's always worked like this, so not such a problem.

Hey,

me and 2 my friends have problem with this mod.

It tends to crash quite often while playing. "The teamspeak plugin is not responding" hint appears.

We have to alt-tab our ArmA2 and restart TS3. For some reason, we usually can not connect right away, because TS3 says "Too many clones already connected" or something like that.

This is quite hell of a problem, because other guys in our group run the mod without any problems.

Do you have any idea what might be causing this?

I reinstalled the mod and TS3 at least 3 times.

I am running v 005 and TS v 3.0.0-beta20, but it was doing trouble since the very first version of a2t.

Regards, Beny.

Version 0.8 of the rewrite is almost done. It will enter internal testing and hopefully be released shortly! :)

We have some REALLY interesting stuff coming up soon, hopefully that will benefit the addon community as a whole. :D