Sign in to follow this  
Sulu_03

Arma2TS

yeah really and after will have the SIMCAR (PRC119) interface a real radio interface

Quickly updated the plugin for impatient people who can't wait for the ACE team release.

You just have to change the plugin dll, updating the arma addon is not necessary.

http://94.23.41.117/ArmA/addons/arma2ts/arma2ts_v004.zip

Just so I can be sure - this won't effect those who have not yet updated, correct?

Currently I've been getting people to go back to teamspeak beta 17 after accidentally upgrading.

If you updated to teamspeak beta 18, you need to update the plugin.

If you did not update to beta 18, do not update the plugin.

and there shouldn't be any compatibility issues between people that have updated and those that haven't, correct?

Version 004

PROBLEM WITH 5.1 again. no middle posision.

I can not make front and side speakers work at the same time to emulate off centre position.

example:

person at 12 o'clock -> front speaker only

person at 1 or 2 oclock -> right speaker only

there is not middle position of sound for 1-2 o'clock,. should be front&right speaker.

Edited by Rafalski

Version 004

PROBLEM WITH 5.1 again. no middle posision.

I can not make front and side speakers work at the same time to emulate off centre position.

example:

person at 12 o'clock -> front speaker only

person at 1 or 2 oclock -> right speaker only

there is not middle position of sound for 1-2 o'clock,. should be front&right speaker.

I think that the 004 version just is a fix for the ts3 beta 18, not anything new in the plugin, the version being tested by the testers has real 3d support but not this one.

(not 100% sure yet)

We did tests with people with true 5.1 systems and

The problem exists as described above.

win7 32

ts3 beta 18, fix dll v004

(as several weeks earlier, probably inverted Y and Z axis ? )

created ticket on DEV

Edited by Rafalski

negatif ! do not creat a ticket on the dev ! because the dev team creat a new pluggin , with new interface , new dll lot of new thing you should wait , le culto have make this udapte to favoris the wait of the new plugin

ok,

- anyway fixed dll 004, does have this problem at the moment

i thing the dev team release a version on the weekend , and have you verified if you're 3d sound option is activ ?

verified if you're 3d sound option is activ

of course!

This problem looks exatly the same as one mentioned by me several weeks ago and fixed in 003.

look at posts #121

le culto argh we are french that's why we are very desorganized xD

Just opened a ticket about it, but wanted to bring it to discussion here.

When I was a soldier (IRL) and needed to talk to my HQ for example - I used my Jeep or tank radio to transmit farther than my Personal radio could.

I had no need to find another type of radio (i.e. long range), just a more powerful one and we talked on the same frequency.

I seldom needed a true long range radio (with another set of frequencies) for tactical comms.

Short range radio IRL, can receive "long range" radio transmissions as long as they are on the same frequency.

I don't know why there are 2 types of radios and a separate frequency table in A2T - I don't think there is a need for it in ArmA.

there are enough frequencies to choose from.

The "long range" radio has just greater power output and should simulate that

(mounted on vehicles or HQ and has more power/bigger antenna) and can be received by shorter range radio,

and if they are close to each other they could both "talk"...

(Check below diagram)

So IMHO it should be changed in this matter (you can still use different freq. inside the radio)

and have the short range radio receive "long range" transmissions, or just "stronger" output transmissions,

and 2 "long range" radios inside vehicles can talk all over the map.

The old concept makes using 2 types of radio awkward and not very realistic tactically.

Thanks 4 reading so far :)

radioa2t.jpg

Just opened a ticket about it, but wanted to bring it to discussion here.

When I was a soldier (IRL) and needed to talk to my HQ for example - I used my Jeep or tank radio to transmit farther than my Personal radio could.

I had no need to find another type of radio (i.e. long range), just a more powerful one and we talked on the same frequency.

I seldom needed a true long range radio (with another set of frequencies) for tactical comms.

Thats exactly what we are planning for version 1.0, including realistic interference from terrain and objects.

Thats exactly what we are planning for version 1.0, including realistic interference from terrain and objects.

Good! :) ...lol...:yay:

if its possible with a setting in the ts3 plugin to tweak freqency that would be a great improvement to understand

voice tranmissions.

everybody knows when ppl have not the right gear like a good mic, or a very reflective room that brings up so much

low freqency rumbles, that it sounds hard to listen to , even hard to understand what he was saying.

to avoid this rumbles, and if its possible, bring up a 140 hz lowcut to the audiostream you recive in ts3.

hope you understand that german/english kauderwelsch :D

below is a grafic with the freqenzy settings so you know what i mean ;)

a2ts3-eq.jpg

Kinda picky here, but can you guys update the first page(Post) with Version 004a(Still show Version:003), and I'm guessing the link too, that way people can go to the first page of the post and stay up to date. Thanks ;)

Hey guys.

We in Swedish Strategic Group have been using A2T since release now and it is awesome. Yesterday we did a 20 player game and frapsed some of it to show A2T in action!

Here's the link to the youtube clip of yesterdays game with SSG, entitled Operation Close Border part 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPUeS5A8PHc&sns

Enjoy :)

- Pelle

www.ssg-clan.se

if its possible with a setting in the ts3 plugin to tweak freqency that would be a great improvement to understand

voice tranmissions.

everybody knows when ppl have not the right gear like a good mic, or a very reflective room that brings up so much

low freqency rumbles, that it sounds hard to listen to , even hard to understand what he was saying.

to avoid this rumbles, and if its possible, bring up a 140 hz lowcut to the audiostream you recive in ts3.

hope you understand that german/english kauderwelsch :D

below is a grafic with the freqenzy settings so you know what i mean ;)

What Frequency-Range does a Radio (german "Funkgerät") transmit in Real-Life?

Europe Telephone for instance is usually ranging from "300hz" to "3400hz", so at least with telephone quality (which is IMHO much better than my experiences with RL-Radios) we would already have solved this.

The german army radio (SEM 70 counterpart of PRC-119) has 300 to 3000 hz voice band. Which is usually enough except maybe for screaming like little girls.

Unfortunately the voice band is not modeled into the current model. I imagine coding a new codec or changing the codec settings would be need for that.

Hey guys.

We in Swedish Strategic Group have been using A2T since release now and it is awesome. Yesterday we did a 20 player game and frapsed some of it to show A2T in action!

Here's the link to the youtube clip of yesterdays game with SSG, entitled Operation Close Border part 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPUeS5A8PHc&sns

Enjoy

- Pelle

www.ssg-clan.se

Damn the beginning nearly blew my ears off. But as a german, i can understand some of the words you're saying. Among others, "Kommen" is also the word for "Over" in german. ;)

Can actually put low and high pass filters and equalizers on the receiving end to simulate that. :)

The german army radio (SEM 70 counterpart of PRC-119) has 300 to 3000 hz voice band. Which is usually enough except maybe for screaming like little girls.

Unfortunately the voice band is not modeled into the current model. I imagine coding a new codec or changing the codec settings would be need for that.

Damn the beginning nearly blew my ears off. But as a german, i can understand some of the words you're saying. Among others, "Kommen" is also the word for "Over" in german. ;)

you both are right, the freq for voice transmissions are around 300-3000hz the main freq of the human voice, exept of screaming little girls :D

but as you cant model both the direkt voice frq and radio freq, than i took a middle, so it sounds without rumble but also not unnatural in direkt voice.

but i think you are right with the codec, but i hoped it can be set also in ts-plugins.

btw. is "kommen" not something else, but at least after it its "over" :D :D

Can actually put low and high pass filters and equalizers on the receiving end to simulate that. :)

that sounds good !! i love you if you put away the rumble :D

great work so fa. thx.