Sign in to follow this  
Sulu_03

Arma2TS

Is there any future plans or the possibility of adding voice modulation to where when you hear people speak it sounds grainy and radio quality voice? :)

Reflection and distortion of the waves is one thing but i think he means that not the full spectrum of the voice is transmitted through radio.

Also, would it be possible to differentiate between earsets, handsets and neither of them?

For example it is hard to differentiate if you're being called over long or short range. Maybe the short range could only be heard in the left ear and the long range in the right ear. I believe that is a typical ear/handset setup :)

Sorry guys for my previous stance. I did believe that some basic knowledge is needed to play with mods. For example "how to copy files", "how to install mods", or if there are two files with number 32 and 64 it must be related with different OS versions. So, such things must not be explained and shouldn't be reported as a bug.

But looks like, I was wrong. So really sorry.

I suggest to add guide how to copy files using windows explorer and also Total Commander ;) Maybe some explanations about differences between 32bit and 64bit systems would be good too. You know - some one may ask for it some day ;)

Edited by MaXyM

everything work fine for me except i cannot see the name who's speaking so i can't recon guys in the same channel... is it right? or i did something wrong.:confused:

Sorry guys for my previous stance. I did believe that some basic knowledge is needed to play with mods. For example "how to copy files", "how to install mods", or if there are two files with number 32 and 64 it must be related with different OS versions. So, such things must not be explained and shouldn't be reported as a bug.

But looks like, I was wrong. So really sorry.

I suggest to add guide how to copy files using windows explorer and also Total Commander ;) Maybe some explanations about differences between 32bit and 64bit systems would be good too. You know - some one may ask for it some day ;)

I think you should stick with your day job rather than try to be funny. Please keep on track rather than trying to be a smart arse.

Thanks.. :)

is it possible to an version with push to talk function.really want to us it but without push to talk its too not practical.

is it possible to an version with push to talk function.really want to us it but without push to talk its too not practical.

Yes, in upcoming versions you will use your regular TS3 PTT key to speak in any situation. If you are wishing to broadcast over radio then you will have a bind in ArmA2 to another key to toggle your radio in game.

Yes, in upcoming versions you will use your regular TS3 PTT key to speak in any situation. If you are wishing to broadcast over radio then you will have a bind in ArmA2 to another key to toggle your radio in game.

Uh but that is how it is now... PTT = talk in game, and to broadcast radio you press a key to toggle the radio, then press your PTT to speak...

When we say "we want PTT" we mean that Pressing a button in ARMA2 will broadcast over radio, not toggle Radio ON/OFF.

Yeah, and that is how it will be in later versions. Right now you can only use PTT for local speaking.

So I've got all the files in place, now what's with these keys I don't know how to set that up please help me out. I don't know what any of the options in teamspeak do let alone how to use them

It explains in the readme which keys to change in game. You don't need to change anything outside the game or in TS3 once you've put the files in the right places and have the mod folder running.

It explains in the readme which keys to change in game. You don't need to change anything outside the game or in TS3 once you've put the files in the right places and have the mod folder running.

Oops, I thought you had to set all the keys up in TS3.

I use voice Activation. When speaking the only people that can hear me are those around me. Just like being in Direct Chat. I don't have to push anything. I like that aspect. I can have a normal conversation with those around me and they can do likewise, without spamming the whole channel.

I only need the PPT feature to broadcast with the radio. Witch seems more natural and realistic.

Please don't throw out the baby with the bath water. Leave the player the option to configure his TS to his preference.

Awesome Mod

Thanks!

There is the strong possibility that we might have to write our own TS3 client to achieve the things we want.

There is the strong possibility that we might have to write our own TS3 client to achieve the things we want.

Nah, just use Mumble, it is open-source, so it won't have to be coded from scratch.

Nah, just use Mumble, it is open-source, so it won't have to be coded from scratch.

Neither would a TS3 client. You use the client library, and you just provide your own GUI or interface to controlling it. There is no replicating TS3 functionality from scratch.

Mumble does not support what we need at the moment, and it looks in many ways it never will unless we did our own major modifications.

Yeah, and that is how it will be in later versions. Right now you can only use PTT for local speaking.

What? Did you even read my post and the quote?

The current version is:

Toggle Radio ON >> Talk on TeamSpeak (PTT or Voice, which ever) >> Toggle Radio OFF

What we want is:

Push a button in ARMA2 to send via radio without having to toggle the radio ON/OFF. Just like normal "direct" speaking.

This could be achieved by say:

Making the addon so that binding USER1 to a button also binds it to Whisper List 1 in TS3.

Binding USER2 to Whisper List 2 in TS3... and so on.

That's all well & good Pellejones, but if doing it that way causes the current version of the ptt/voice

Toggle Radio ON >> Talk on TeamSpeak (PTT or Voice, which ever) >> Toggle Radio OFF[/Quote]

to not work any more I say leave it how it is. It's realistic.

What? Where does it say that it doesn't work if they change it?

And toggle radio + ptt is not realistic. To talk into a radio you just push the button and speak, you don't have to toggle the thing ON then Speak and then toggle OFF.

Another solution would be to have a button on the keyboard push to talk. What I mean is this: take running for example, just pressing shift makes you walk, but 2xshift toggles walk. The radio should be pressed down and while you hold the button you are broadcasting, but as soon as you let go of the button you stop the broadcast. This would be superb, even if you still have PTT in TS3 this would be an easier way to use the radio.

So it would be:

Push button (broadcast start) >> Speak on TS (ptt or voice) >> release button (broadcast stop)

What? Did you even read my post and the quote?

The current version is:

Toggle Radio ON >> Talk on TeamSpeak (PTT or Voice, which ever) >> Toggle Radio OFF

What we want is:

Push a button in ARMA2 to send via radio without having to toggle the radio ON/OFF. Just like normal "direct" speaking.

Yes I did read it. I said that because I am under the impression that what you ask for is what is being worked on for the future release.

Incidentally the way the current version works is what puts me off using it - i'm sitting tight for the update.

;1589000']I use voice Activation. When speaking the only people that can hear me are those around me.

I only need the PPT feature to broadcast with the radio.

Leave the player the option to configure his TS to his preference.

^ This.

Mumble does not support what we need at the moment, and it looks in many ways it never will unless we did our own major modifications.

Really? It already supports 3d positional audio with ArmA2 (and a bunch of other games), and it supports plugins.