Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

What if Rockstar hooked up with Bohemia to make ARMA game.

Beautiful dancer Isadora Duncan suggested that she and G. B. Shaw should have a child together. "Think of it!" she said, "With your brains and my body, what a wonder it would be." Shaw thought for a moment and replied, "Yes, but what if it had my body and your brains?"

Isadora: "Why then we'll just call it Dragon Rising".

ZZZZIIIINNNGGG ouch.

Just when I thought Suma's quote couldn't be bested, along came a DMarkwick. :D

The thread title is "What if Rockstar hooked up with Bohemia to make ARMA game." though, and that would put ArmA2 on the path of death, it would eventually become a console game as it's audience "expanded" with support for the PC version dropping.

Some of those features sound nice though, but a merger/joint effort would be terrible.

Edit: Hahahah, DMarwick :D

Beautiful dancer Isadora Duncan suggested that she and G. B. Shaw should have a child together. "Think of it!" she said, "With your brains and my body, what a wonder it would be." Shaw thought for a moment and replied, "Yes, but what if it had my body and your brains?"

Why then you would have to call it

Operation Sunken Dragon.

LOL ;)

The thread title is "What if Rockstar hooked up with Bohemia to make ARMA game." though, and that would put ArmA2 on the path of death, it would eventually become a console game as it's audience "expanded" with support for the PC version dropping.

Some of those features sound nice though, but a merger/joint effort would be terrible.

To be fair to the OP, there is the conditional:

Imaging an open world like GTA with real living cities and OFP/ARMA combat gameplay.

I would like to see everything they can fit harmoniously into ArmA in it, without compromising what we already have.

cool idea but I dunno if its possible with the technology we have atm.

Possibly if they Rockstars publisher poured in like 100 million dollars into the project it could work out :D And the fans would have to wait for 5 years or so of course...

Lol @ Suma :D the Bis devs are made of win! :)

Edited by Commando84

Rockstar are just as worse than BIS. take a look at GTA4. a freaking mess and needed 10 patches to get it fixed. Played worser than crysis, yet look no better than gta4 on the consoles

Hopefully (from my pointV) bis will stick with themselves and stay with the PC course as well as that seems to be a falling breed these days.

what if rockstar got involved???

the game would sell like hotcakes to all the idiots of the world.. and the rest of us who depend on opflash/arma for close to 10 years will again be without a home... forced to play nothing, or play unrealistic crap like bad company and modern warfare ...

don't get me wrong, I enjoy the mw single player story, its very good, but the game itself and the mp is arcade crap... not even close to being comparable to the ability and versatility of arma2..

I would like to see everything they can fit harmoniously into ArmA in it, without compromising what we already have.

I agree

False, GTA IV was the deepest gaming experience in recent history.

If BI was in complete control of the gameplay and Rockstar made the story, models, animations and physics... that would shatter the modern conception of gaming.

False, GTA IV was the deepest gaming experience in recent history.

Well, I guess it kind of depends on everybody's opinion, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Well, I guess it kind of depends on everybody's opinion, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

and if you smoke crack or not...

Hm, I'd say that Call of Duty 4's campaign was a deeper experience (Aftermath level, anyone? Christ. Only time I've ever been so shocked by a video game).

But that's just my opinion. ;)

Yeah, let's combine Medal of Honor and Halo while we're at it.

...what? They're both shooters..

Let us combine super mario and manhunter with fifa 010 in the mix...lol

But seriously...I think the idea is pretty cool,it only needs some additional brainstorming from from BI bosses...howewer the next game must again be placed in eastern europe,as I am living in eastern europe and that is the reason why eastern europe is and always will be the ultimate battlefield for myself...myself armed with a ppk could kill a whole us base of steel if it was placed in eastern europe.

GTA4 isn't the most deep game ever it just has incredible replayability in that you can have gun fights and total war in a semi living urban enviornment with everything from pistols to rockets to attack helicopters and apcs. It's the closest thing to total urban war on console in my opinion. But that's only online. Single player is snoozy and repetitive.

If rockstar produced arma there would be 8 minute custscenes, on rails shooting segments, gay jokes, wangs, and too much over the topness. Maybe it would be best if rockstar made their own way into the wargames.

If rockstar produced arma there would be 8 minute custscenes, on rails shooting segments, gay jokes, wangs, and too much over the topness. Maybe it would be best if rockstar made their own way into the wargames.

At least with Rockstar we will put those hookers from A2 to work.

Maybe even a pimp mini-game where you have to deliver them to various towns in Chernarus with a time-limit in your pimped Lav-25.:p

Well BIS did make homeland security expansions for VBS 1/2.Police,EMT,and terrorism scenarios.Not far off if you added a city.I would hate to see this engine turn into some dumbed down action shooter though.Then you have something like Boiling Point.It would destroy everything.

That would be great, GTA IV would have dedicated servers, official editing tools, mission editor, great support (like patches that actually fix things), a nice community (!), developers.. official forums maybe?

By now the game would be pretty much bug free, running well and as a sign of apretiation for selling 15 million copies they would have released free content...

:rolleyes: .

Wow this thread is still alive.

Most people either come to the conclusion that something like this will combine the worse elements of both or the best, when both are entirely unrealistic. What you gained in one area you would most certainly lose in another. Yeah AI might be able to drive cars, but then you might find that something you loved about ArmA was gone. Wouldn't it be better to just improve what we have here instead of something crazy like this?

Heatseeker, your second line would most certainly be true, but I'm not so sure about your first ... you are talking about ArmA 2 - Operation Rockstar though right?

Since ARMA2 CTD issues are resolved (where is that next patch?) I've been looking elsewhere - BFBC2s looks pretty impressive. Thats not to say I'm leaving ARMA2 but right now its not playable.

Anybody played BFBC2?? Don't tell me owners are also getting CTD. Perhaps this thread should be titled what if EA joined with Bohemia. Thinking about it, is Arrowhead going to be a pure Bohemia product?

Many are getting CTDs, amongst other issues, with BFBC2 in its current state. I am as well. It is still an awesome game. Same goes for ArmA II.

And no, ArmA II is not unplayable. It's unplayable for you.

EA and Bohemia joining forces would be a nightmare. If you knew more of EA's shady background with games and having issues with their developers, you'd realize how bad of an idea that is.

I was getting frequent CTDs with ARMA 2. A little look on the error and I soon realized my paging file was too small. Haven't had such crash ever since.

The point being that not all problems are caused by the game itself.

I have had arma for almost 8 months and not one CTD on the two systems I play on. I've had DR for 5 days and I have had 6 CTDs. It's different for everyone and could actually be your own fault in some cases.