Muecke

CRcti Proman

Oh, before I forget.. is anyone interested in the Buy Gear dialog being 'logically' the same as the ArmA2 gear dialog? What I mean is, obviously everyone is aware of the silly limitations in the mission dialog, just as it was in Warfare. Such as:

• Certain Weapons are classed to take up primary AND secondary, when they are not actually in the game. Example: All machineguns and high caliber sniper rifles. (can be glitched around anyways, no real point)
  • Certain Ammo types have incorrect size which does not match up with actual item in game, so going in gear after buying will make game 'correct' the faults by removing extra/too much ammo. (Example Carl Gustav AT round size, can carry more than normal)
  • The smoke grenades go in the Pistol/Rifle Grenade slots!? (This is a carrydown from OFP, I don't think there is a valid reason for this, someone correct me if I am wrong)

In my minority opinion, these restrictions are artificial and easily glitched around anyways, so in the end they just make buying the gear you want a pain. What I propose is that I (or whoever is allowed) rewrite the gear dialog logic to use cfgvalues to assertain the size of round, and primary/secondary/pistolmag limitations. That way it is DYNAMIC instead of hardcoded. When things are hardcoded, then they have to be updated and maintained, nobody wants that.

Besides this, if there should be a primary/secondary limitation imposed, this should be done properly in the weapon addon or proman config, not the mission gear dialog, that way it cannot be glitched around. So Mission dialog always matches and works like ArmA2 gear dialog, no accidentally losing ammo if you enter game gear dialog, no more ammo than you should have, no silly smoke grenades taking up M203 slots, etc.

I was going to do this for my version I play coop with here on the lan, but it would be nice if it was made standard for everyone, if that's what people would like. I am just saying, mission gear dialog should read values from weapontypes and ammotypes, not use custom limitations like it does now. Or maybe there are just some bugs.

I have familiarity with this, as I did it in ArmA1 Warfare also, redesigned mission gear dialog to match game 100%, with no 'weird restrictions'.

I do not see why a 249 gunner cannot carry a AT4, etc. But if you wish to restrict this, shouldn't it be done in the weapon config? Or implement a simple weight restriction system, I think there was a script version of this on warfare? (without ace)

I propose, if you still wanted SOME hardcoded overrides to prevent Javelin with 50cal or something, then a small list of hardcodes is okay with the rest being dynamic.

Let me know what you all think about this.

Cheers!

Edited by oktane

@LawGiver

I think we will add your addon in the next update if we dont find any bugs.

Also we plan to include a scroll-function into the infofield to make sure that you can read all.

Thank you for your effort.

@oktane

The problem is in arma itself. If you want to change this you need to talk to BI to do this. But i dont believe that it will be changed.

We had old OFP weaponhandling befor but after you try to pick up other weapons from ground you have the same problems then.

So we decide to code it back to arma standard.

I think BI had reasons to not allow MG to transport AT launcher.

I suppose it's hard to explain and you might have misunderstood. I guess I will have to fix it and then show you, hopefully you will then take the changes and put them into your codebase. I am trying to say, the way that crCTI does the weapon restrictions is completely artificial, and it's a result of it being hard coded. In arma2 itself, you are allowed to carry heavy weapons and launchers. (except in extreme cases? I can't think of any at the moment.) In crCTI, it is artificially limited by mission scripting, which causes issues I described in last post. Since your addon requires mods anyways, if you wish to restrict certain weapon loadouts(prevent m249+launcher etc), they should be done in the addon config (config.cpp), not in mission scripting.

Then mission gear should work dynamically, and match game gear logic 100%, so there are no more issues.

OR if you are saying that restrictions are completely broken in ArmA2, I will look into it. Maybe A2CCP can help.

I will try to work on it this weekend to show you.

First off i can't believe that i had to find this on page 7 on the forum.:confused:

Secondly i want to congratulate all that have a hand in making this so much fun. Just come from a 3 hour session with ai on a dedi' server and i loved it. So keep the updates and ideas coming. Just a question or two, i got in as a gunner with an ai as pilot, risky i know but i lasted over 30 mins surprisingly. Anyway, after selecting flight height to 50m i wanted to adjust it later on and it wouldn't open the menu again. Also when i tried to disband an injured ai, which happened to be my pilot he wouldn't disband. Although he did disappear about a minute or so later. So is it delayed or not working?

Don't think i noticed anything else. One last thing, is it easy enough to edit to take out the Desert units/vehicles when playing on Chernarus and Woodland for Takistan for example?

Again thanks guys for all your hard work, reminds me of the flashpoint days playing cleanrocks crCTI. Although this was dumped back on page 7 it's still lovingly played, albeit probably just by me. :D

PS.

Now it's on page 1. :D

Been looking for a good CTI or Warfare mission lately. I've missed the good old days of ArmA1 and OFP CTI all day long missions. Nice to see this supports AI as well for coop play.

Downloading now, I can't wait to try it! I'll try to post back here with my findings.

EDIT: Is this only supported with ACE? I do not see any missions in the mission select screen. The missions I see in MP Missions say ACE in the title.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Been looking for a good CTI or Warfare mission lately. I've missed the good old days of ArmA1 and OFP CTI all day long missions. Nice to see this supports AI as well for coop play.

Downloading now, I can't wait to try it! I'll try to post back here with my findings.

EDIT: Is this only supported with ACE? I do not see any missions in the mission select screen. The missions I see in MP Missions say ACE in the title.

It's playable without ACE! I've been playing a non ACE version on Chernarus all this morning! ;)

I use the addon free Kastenbier version though....... http://www.vsbw.de/~arma/

@Law-Giver

Thanks for the props. Development is allways going on. This is cause we play it.

Our aim is not to be the most popular around its to play it and share with guys like you.

The flight height option needs a provement same as some cti ai orders. This will be done in future.

When you disband an unit they will not be deleted they will die so that you have to pay for it. To know wich unit is alive press F2(unitnumber) then 5 5.

After disband you need to do this its arma ;). Its not delayed its an arma feature i guess. Other units report "oh no 2 is down" or you do.

One last thing, is it easy enough to edit to take out the Desert units/vehicles when playing on Chernarus and Woodland for Takistan for example?

In Kb Edition not implemented. There are no marks in configs for wood or desert asaik.

And dont worry we wont stop working and improving this it will be present in A3 too.

@JuggernautOfWar

First post is updated. Download the mod again and have fun with many missions on many islands.

New supported islands like Lingor,Panthera,Reeshman and Napf are included.

Missions are in up to date status.

Our aim is not to be the most popular around its to play it and share with guys like you.

Well for me it is the most popular around. :D

And don't worry we wont stop working and improving this it will be present in A3 too.

Now that's exactly what i want to hear. ;)

Muecke - I'm trying to modify just 2 things for my own personal pleasure when playing this alone and I thought maybe you could help me with these few items.

3 things I'd like to add:

1. Respawn Option added for friendly owned towns/flags & Humvee Ambulances (currently the only option i see in menu is to respawn at base buildings)

2. Mando Missile Console tied to Laser Designator (ill try to figure this one out myself, hopefully, as ive done it with other warfare missions...but id love to see this in future released versions for Proman)

3. Id like to put back the distance in meters readout that normally displays under the carot in your hud...I see the carot marker on hud but the actual distance in meters no longer shows and id like to put that back to vanilla.

I doubt I'd have the knowledge to add the respawn options myself as im no code developer (im more of a code installer/modifier, hehe)

PS - a big THANK YOU to EVERYONE who had a hand in helping to port this version into Arma2...its nice running into patrols in between towns and not always knowing where or when you'll run into enemy troops...makes it feel fresh each time you run the mission!

Edited by BigShot

Thanks for the props Bigshot.

Well you know this is the one of the oldschool version of CTI. We want it to stay like this caus its a prooven concept.

We just develop things wich dont change the main style.

But I know some of you guys play this in LAN session or on closed servers in coop mode or holiday wars.

So it would be tricky to make a spawn at captured flags but its possible to spawn at buildings. You can have a look at the structuretypes.sqf in "common" folder.

You could build a tent somewhere and make it able to spawn at it (as it was in MFCTI). Thats your business if you like this kind of features.

I was wondering if you allready explore the unitswitch feature wich is a pretty much cooler respawn feature for my taste.

yes, that's what I've been doing after respawning at base (unit switch), but I'd really like to see an ambulance respawn option added to the menu (for any/all alive ambulances anywhere on map).

...any chance of getting the code out to me? (i have no clue how to make it happen). Also trying to get rid of the yellow text that scrolls on the screen all the time as im assuming its just for beta testing?

So far I've got the other stuff done... added/configured the mando air support console (works great!), removed the text blocking addon so i get the meter distance readout for manually placed waypoints, removed some of the hint tips (mostly because they werent really tips, they were just jokes which i didnt want taking up resources since it had nothing to do with actual gameplay). Don't get insulted about that part!, you're writing was good...just unnecessary is all :-)

Edited by BigShot

Bigshot it dont like your idea but i can try to give you a little help.

Put this in the initstructuretypes.sqf

structDefs set [_type, ["Spawntent", 2000, siBoth, false, false, 2, 10, 20, [["Land_A_tent", 90, []]], [["Land_A_tent", 90, []]], [], [],_type,0,0]];
stSpawnTent = _type;
_type = _type + 1;

Then add stSpawnTent at the bottom like this:

structsRespawn = [stBarracks, stLight, stHeavy, stAirsmall, [color="#008000"]stSpawnTent[/color]];

Iam not sure if it will work proper but its at least worth a try.

If this works you can set 2 tents for spawning anywhere. It should be possible to load the tent in any vehicle for transport.

Thats all i can do for you as you said its for private usage.

Good luck.

ps.

The yellow text are orders from the commander to the leaders.

Its important to know who is doing what...

Thanks Muecke...I tried it and it works!....much appreciated :-)

When it comes to the respawning, however, Ive been having an issue:

- after awhile the mission will not respawn you at the place chosen in the respawn menu and will only respawn you at a fixed point in your BASE, regardless of what you choose on the respawn menu. Even if you choose a Base factory such as Barracks it will spawn you wherever it wants, but not barracks. This has been occurring before I added the coding you suggested btw.

As I said, at mission start it seems to work fine, but at some point it begins ignoring your spawn choices and just spawns you at some fixed point in Base. Have you noticed this behavior at all?

I'm running it on local LAN, not dedicated.

BTW - been meaning to ask...what is meant of the huge red circle that shows up on the map after playing for awhile?...also been wondering about why service trucks will sometimes spawn at taken towns, but sometimes not?

Thanks again, been really enjoying this!

Edited by BigShot

Dedicated server is a must otherwise there is no garante !

Its written in the first post and of course in the readme file.

The red circle is the radar range if a radarstation is placed and upgraded.

Aircraftradar or Detectionradar for artilerie or mortar.

Support trucks will spawn as long as you have activated towngroups in parameters.

If this is deactivated there will not spawn a truck.

Nevermind Meucke about the respawn issue, you were 100% correct about it needing to run on a dedicated server...all is fine now.

PS - nevermind regarding service trucks at towns (figured out it had to with town upgrades in the Params, which arent labelled correctly btw why "town groups"?)

ahh, thanks for info about the red circles, heh!

hope i didnt waste too much of your time...your help was much appreciated!

Edited by BigShot

(mostly because they werent really tips, they were just jokes which i didnt want taking up resources since it had nothing to do with actual gameplay)

hey. maybe you will *someday* get to know the real meaning of those tips. maybe they can safe your arma life someday. don't discount them just yet. i took years of experience to get that knowledge. :P

just kidding.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

meaning, yes, they are a joke. :P (like the real ACR tips).

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

chuck norris understands them.

Episode 58 When Human Player is in Command Ordering AI to take Towns no longer seems to work just thought I would inform anyone with the same issue

also Addon Sync http://5.9.105.42/yoma/proman.7z

Edited by volkov956

Episode 58 When Human Player is in Command Ordering AI to take Towns no longer seems to work just thought I would inform anyone with the same issue

also Addon Sync http://5.9.105.42/yoma/proman.7z

Hi, you mean via "Command AI" ?

If so then check if you play it on a dedicated server...

Anyway there will be an Episode 59 very shortly.

u can still manually tell them to take towns but in earlier versions u could just tell them to take and hold towns generic command and they would take closest towns that are not captured from theyre location. Now u must tell AI or AI's which town to capture manually just might be the command is not listed accidently

volkov this is still in the mission except you mean the cti commands for a ai group of a leader like bravo,charlie,delta and so on.

The commander never lost this order.

http://angryinsects.de/downloads/towns.jpg (293 kB)

Btw the Episode 59 is online...

i will test it out again i tried 59 and ai would just stand around in what ever m in base and just patrol so aka 500 take and hold towns they would just randomly patrol 500m from the base I see 60 is out will test now

set "pick up wait" to "0" and make sure they are confirming the orders via chat messages. then wait some 30s for them to start moving.

Hello fellow crCTI lovers,

Firstly, this mod and mission pack is awesome and I have enjoyed countless hours playing it single player over LAN. For whatever reason this is the only CTI mod/mission pack that really works consistently over long periods of game play for me on my system.

I was however wondering if it is possible to create Invasion 1944 (I44) maps using the core construct of the mod.

I would be interested in doing this for a project over this summer but I am not really sure where to begin. Are there any reference or editor guides to making these missions off the crCTI base mod?

Thank you!

Hi Hartwich,

there is such a mission allready in work my teammate is doing it.

You can sign to our homepage and then he will probably give it to you.

We cant release stuff like this in germany because of the content in it.

Thank you for the reply Muecke,

I will be sure to visit your community!

I also noticed that you guys released the Trinity map from OFP to ARMA II.

Some truly excellent work!