Muecke

CRcti Proman

Thanks Muecke!

Just downloaded it(version 5) and tried it real quick. I like the new town sirens, when a town is under attack. Also the AI commander bug, where the AI do not build Heavy tanks, seems to be fixed. The new menus look nice as well. I'm not a big fan of intro videos, but it is short and nicely done, so I will tolerate it. :)

Now for the bad news: I found a couple bugs.

1) When I die and select a spawn location at base(MHQ, Barracks, Light, etc.) it sometimes spawns me at the wrong location. For example when I select "Barracks" as my spawn location it sends me to the Heavy factory or the Light factory instead. I tested it over and over and could not spawn at the barracks. Also spawning at the other locations only worked sometimes. Hope you can look into this!

2) This is not a big issue but in the gear menu, the "G3" has the "M16" description instead. Also some extra <br/> here and there.

Overall, excellent mission! Thanks for the update.

Edited by Rumsfield

1) When I die and select a spawn location at base(MHQ, Barracks, Light, etc.) it sometimes spawns me at the wrong location. For example when I select "Barracks" as my spawn location it sends me to the Heavy factory or the Light factory instead. I tested it over and over and could not spawn at the barracks. Also spawning at the other locations only worked sometimes. Hope you can look into this!

Well before we released this version we have tested it maybe 100 times in mostly 4h rounds in MP west vs east.

Never had that bug shown up. But I will try to help you. The only thing i have in my mind is you played this not on a dedicated server.

To have all perfect working you need a server otherwhise some bugs could apear.

You can read this in the readme and in the first post on this thread.

2) This is not a big issue but in the gear menu, the "G3" has the "M16" description instead. Also some extra <br/> here and there.

I know this but I guess its because the G3 is an addon wich is build up on the baseclass of the M16.

I cant to nothing on this its the addonmaker who had to make this. But dont worry its a very nice gun thats why it is so expensive ;)....

Anyway thanks for the positive feedback.

Well before we released this version we have tested it maybe 100 times in mostly 4h rounds in MP west vs east.

Never had that bug shown up. But I will try to help you. The only thing i have in my mind is you played this not on a dedicated server.

To have all perfect working you need a server otherwhise some bugs could apear.

You can read this in the readme and in the first post on this thread.

I know this but I guess its because the G3 is an addon wich is build up on the baseclass of the M16.

I cant to nothing on this its the addonmaker who had to make this. But dont worry its a very nice gun thats why it is so expensive ;)....

Anyway thanks for the positive feedback.

Yes, I did test it on my local PC(non-dedicated). I'm glad to hear that it works properly on a dedicated. Sorry for the confusion.

As far as the G3 description bug, everyone who knows guns shouldn't need a description anyway :)

Do you guys post a change log anywhere? I would like to know exactly what's new/fixed in Proman version 5, I couldn't find one in the download.

Thanks!

Changelog:

-refined AI commander skills

-revised AI commander buy menu

-AI commander uses the HQ channel to communicate (gold)

-Revised weapon prices

-Reworked artillery system

-Improved radar markers and scripts

-Small Airfac now available for 5k$

-Unitlist fully revised

-Three-staged upgrade system for towngroups

-JIP improved

-Tons of scripts rewritten (SQS to SQF)

-Improved Repair & Rearm

-Intro movie

-New waypoint / commpoint handling (Shift / Alt + LMB)

-New Rallypoint-system (Shift + Alt + LMB)

-Script for Resistance tank patrol rewritten

-MP Missions are 12v12 again

-Menues / dialogues up to date

-RPG-7 launcher with PGO-optics (Vilas)

-Much and many more improvements and advancements

sorry for the so-so 'goodish' English, I'm tired :)

Edited by Flattermann

Do you really need a dedicated server to play this mission? I play on a locally hosted machine with my buddies but I do not want to have to get a dedicated server setup just for this. I get about 2 fps when I host a dedicated server from the same local machine, though my computer is more than capable. I often host a local Warfare or Evolution server on my computer without issues. Anyway I'd love to try this out but without any compatibility with local servers I'll have to pass.

@JuggernautOfWar

No dedicated Server = no guarantee.

simple as that.

Do you really need a dedicated server to play this mission? I play on a locally hosted machine ... I do not want to have to get a dedicated server ... just for this. I get about 2 fps when I host .. local .. though my computer is more than capable. I often host a local Warfare or Evolution ... I'd love to try this out but ... I'll have to pass.

Use 'affinity' in task manager to allocate cpu cores to the server exe, or get a spare computer. I ran it on a local dedicated also, it isn't the greatest, but if you turn down the amount of towns and group size, it becomes okay. Since then I put together a peice of junk on the bench here just for the new crcti. It only has 2gb ram but it runs it fine. (here she is, who needs a case?)

The tone of your message implies that the author(s) should make a special version or rewrite the code so that you can finally grace us all with your opinion about the mission. I mean, did you read what you wrote and how you wrote it? Perhaps Muecke and his team (Angry Insects) make this mission for themselves to have fun on along with the old crCTI fans.

"I'd love to .. but (unless you rewrite the mission for me) .. I'll have to pass" Give me a break. Use an old computer, improvise, do something other than what you just did there, which just made you look like a jerk! I tried for 20 minutes to see your post from different perspectives and derive a non-condescending meaning out of it, it couldn't be done lol! And you blame the author for the problems! (my computer is more than capable, I assure you!)

If the authors have been in this community long enough, they probably know not to try to bend to the demands of people that stroll in just to complain. Because after you do a ton of work for them, trying to make them happy, they have already moved on and don't appreciate it anyways.

I gathered that crCTI was always meant to be run on a server, due to the games lasting hours and the complexity of the sim. (been this way since OFP, where I also ran a local dedicated out of the same game directory, just set CPU affinity+priority) Same for warfare, it's passable, but it runs like crap locally when a lot of towns are spawned. Regardless, cr is completely different than evo or warfare in the way it handles towns. Do yourself a favor and appreciate what the author has done so far instead of demanding huge code rewrites. (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't know that making the code run perfectly locally is a major pain in the ass for very little gain, since it runs better dedicated anyways, but that doesn't explain your condescending 'user knows best' message.) Please realize how many units are active in the sim at once, over 100-200 depending on town count + group size. Warfare + Evo does this crap where it spawns/despawns towns and it's a tad cheesy, I don't think this has that implemented yet to save cpu time. (personally I like them to actually be there, breaks immersion less)

Authors: Thank you for the mission and the tons of other selfless people that have contributed to this very old code base. CleanRock, Squeeze, Kasterbier, DVD, Muecke, Zyklone, Jack Hammersmith, Gnat, Myke, sickboy/killswitch/tcp/xeno for CBA, and all the contributors/uploaders at the old cr-ofp.dyndns.org site which I used to visit every weekend back in the OFP days for new missions and islands.

Muecke, congratulations on not punching your monitor, lol!

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

All squads wich have order "pick up wait" will get in transport vehicles. You can check this in AI Command menue.

The AI commander sets co wp in fields yes cause its more safe there and hes not dropping them out. The pilots land because in ACE mod you need to buy parachute.

Thats why we changed it.

Well iam actually more for the MP side but maybe kastenbier will implement a new order to drop infantry on captured towns !?

Anyway this will work only with maybe 2 squads and if you play 15 towns you perhaps wont see it.

I guessed that's why you would have changed it, because of ACE chutes. Do you know off hand if you have an old version of the map that still had paradropped towns, or was it still using sqs and not yet converted? If you have an old mission with sqf para, I can transpose the old code back into my edited version, otherwise I will rework the CO WP code to be on the town center and remake paradrops looking at old CR ofp code when I get the chance. Please don't get the impressions that I am asking for strange feature requests, I just wanted to see if anyone shared the excitement of enemies dropping on the towns like we did. (it's okay) Traditionally our CR group (only 2-3 guys) would get newest code base from cleanrock and reapply our edits and addon changes to suit our type of gameplay. (which is faster paced in the beginning, less building up from nothing, but more epic battles and burning wrecks everywhere, yet still takes us 4 hours to win!) Even though we don't have enough players to do PvP, we would make the AI commanders base structure strong so that it was very hard to get in there and destroy the enemy base. I am thinking of re-creating cleanrocks old fire spewing M2 tripod gun for base defense, remember that? I think it fired the shilka rounds, lol. I know it was silly and unrealistic, but it sure did kill things well. I think it was in @DVD, do you recall the stone towers with T55 turrets on them? Those were hilarious!

Thank you for the new update, everyone is building tanks now and the multi-stage town upgrades is quite a good idea. I think I will edit one thing I noticed though, that you cannot get a support build menu from an enemy support truck, even after you have stolen it, yet you can repair/rearm fine, just not build objects. Please don't take offense to my edits, I neither intend to hound you with questions or take issue with your teams design decisions. We just don't have many players so we like to edit it a little bit, and we're capable of doing it without annoyance to you hopefully. Also I may port in some code that I wrote for old warfare which made extra variants of attack choppers/planes with different weapons on the pylons, but this might be a pain in the ass because it would require changing the rearm scripts too. (for example, AV8B with many hellfires instead of LGBs) What this does is add more selection to the choices to buy, yet does not require more addons. But since you include so many addons, I should be smart and just inherit AV8B obj class with different weapons, then not have to change any code, lol. I am still stuck in the mindset of trying not to include addons. (old habit of public server admin)

Cheers Muecke!

Edited by oktane

@oktane

Yes I remember those concrete towers wiht the gun on them but i dont have them anymore. do you ?

You can modifiy our mission but please rename it to not produce a confusion on other players.

If you would like to have choppers and jet with custom weaponsets you can rework some of our configs, this will work with the rearmscript.

And if you look at editor you will find some more jets on east wich i did not include aswell.....

greet your teammates from me and have fun playing crcti....

Muecke

@oktane

Yes I remember those concrete towers wiht the gun on them but i dont have them anymore. do you ?

You can modifiy our mission but please rename it to not produce a confusion on other players.

If you would like to have choppers and jet with custom weaponsets you can rework some of our configs, this will work with the rearmscript.

And if you look at editor you will find some more jets on east wich i did not include aswell.....

greet your teammates from me and have fun playing crcti....

Muecke

Ah yes, I should still have those addons! We did play some crCTI 1.0 not too long ago in OFP, just a few months before I found your version this year. I have so many old addons for OFP, I only barely recall which modfolder it would be under. Yugo mod had the quite silly horse you could ride and giant hovercraft, BW all the nicely done german stuff with the tornado (and bomblets!) FDF or FFUR had quite amazing weapons, jungles, and dense shanty slums. My best guess is that it is made by DVD himself, it was for sure a custom object. And it must have come in a @DVD pack, which he would release some times when updates were needed, otherwise he would just put the missions on the dyndns site. I will find them for you somehow, or we can make some new ones. When it's dead it needs to twist and look like polygon crumpled paper though, lol.

About the mission, fear not, it was and still is just me making little edits for our lan play, the missions were never released or played in public. If I write/resurrect something of quality or utility, I will send it your way though, for your team to use if you want it.

Now that hellfires lock onto laser targets (great fun addition by BIS), I must think of things to put laser designators on. For covert work, something like the old OA58 designation dome to paint enemy base. Huey from ArmA2 has proper sensor dome already, but no east counterpart has the dome. 2 yrs ago I filed a bug to get laser fixed on ground vehicles, and it's finally been fixed, so we can sneak around hills with stryker (w/ laser on commander) or add it to higher end vehicles like T90/M1A2Tusk. Nobody remembers to bring around the SOFLAM in their gear, but on their tank or car, maybe that would inspire more teamwork between team ground and air forces. Sorry just thinking aloud, I will play around with these things next time we play.

Cheers man

Hmmm I can't seem to find the lite version. :rolleyes: I see 27 files in the downloaded MP Missions folder.

Yes, i quitt to work on the lite versions. They were for people who dont like addons so i made some for the vanilla maps.

But as we have our kb edition wich works without any addons people can download this.

It doesnt make any sense to release a lite proman.

BTW as you have 27 files in your mpmissions folder you are running an older version wich must be very old.

It should be only 9 missions in it.

Hmmm I can't seem to find the lite version. :rolleyes: I see 27 files in the downloaded MP Missions folder.

download the last @proman mod archive on angryinsect server . inside, you will find 9 crcti mission version 5.05 (the last one to date i think), the mod itself contain fixes and improvement, and it's light (<400MB) . i recommend you to test with the proman version. it's great. and you have 9 different island avaible. choose the one you prefer.

if you are limited by cpu , try to decrease group size to 5 and cities numbers to 4 or 5. it should works.

Up guys. i found nowhere topic about kastenbiere edition so i will post my small contrib here .

Here is crCTI Kastenbiere edition for celle2

(credit to cleanrocks , squeeze , angryinsect community)

i see there is a preset avaible in assign screen for this mission. called side unit with US / RUSSIAN/ GER/TAKISTAN /P85.

i suppose P85 is about CWC² units, right ?

Edited by griffz

Hi Muecke,

The download links for Proman don't seem to be working. Yoma doesn't find it either. I've had Yoma updating it perfectly for quite a while, but about a week ago it couldn't find proman.7z.

Yoma's error message is: "Download failed. The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."

Hi Muecke,

The download links for Proman don't seem to be working. Yoma doesn't find it either. I've had Yoma updating it perfectly for quite a while, but about a week ago it couldn't find proman.7z.

Yoma's error message is: "Download failed. The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."

Hi brian666,

you are right about the yomathing. Our webspace seems to be crashed somehow. But i have uploaded a new Promanpack at our homepage.

Go here: http://www.angryinsects.com/content/download

You can find new missions in our forum here: http://ai.dao.nu/index.php/topic,10.0.html

I will try to upload new missions tomorrow...

hey guys, sorry for this annoying question but i really want to play this crcti proman mission. most of the links are dead and i dont know where else to get the addons to get crcti to work.

i am getting the message you cannot play/edit this mission it is depenent on downloadable content that has been deleted. i downloaded "Proman_v5_21" already and extracted it to MPmissions. i dont have any other mods or pbo files in the MPmissions folder besides from crcti proman. so its just a fresh install with crcti proman. anybody please do tell where i can get the additional content? i ONLY have ARMA 2 OA installed. Thanks in advance!

anybody please do tell where i can get the additional content? i ONLY have ARMA 2 OA installed. Thanks in advance!

Link Removed!

Edited by Law-Giver
Remove link

Yes, iam sorry for not updating the first post. Its done now.

Thank you Law-Giver for helping out and giving the law. ;)

@aetagaca

If you have Yoma installed you can allways download the new missions.

They are beta till the next big release but you could play them anyway.

Yes, iam sorry for not updating the first post. Its done now.

Thank you Law-Giver for helping out and giving the law.

No worries Muecke but next time you're late in updating your post's i'll be forced to arrest you. ;)

OMG ! ! !

I have organized a new webspace.

For now you can use that one which Law-Giver has posted. There you can find our addonfree missions also.

But for the latest Proman mod you can go by this link now.

http://files.dao.nu/ArmA%20II/AI/@Proman.7z

I have put the newest missions inside too. You can find the crCTI Proman mission wich features the new Napf island in this pack.

Sorry for the technical problems and thx to the Law-Giver (wich gives the law) again.

Sorry for the technical problems and thx to the Law-Giver (wich gives the law) again.

Just keeping you on your toes Muecke. ;)

I hope this is the right place to post regarding the Kastenbier edition. If not my apologies, if it is then i have an issues when selecting start near airfields in the parameter settings. When the game starts both east and west spawn in the same place. I'm using the latest version 113r7 but it also did this on the previous versions.

Other than that thanks for continuing in updating this well loved classic. Absolutely addicted! ;)