Muecke

CRcti Proman

What does the Parameter "TownGroups" do?

Is there a setting to control Resistance trying to recapture towns?

Thanks, great missions!

What does the Parameter "TownGroups" do?

Is there a setting to control Resistance trying to recapture towns?

Thanks, great missions!

Hi, -=seany=-

that parameter is to turn the towngroups on or off.

If you capture a town there will spawn units to defend the flag.

This feature is upgraded and optimized in the upcomming version.

keep your eyes open...

;)

edit: there is a resistance patrol wich spawns random on the island. they recapture towns.

this feature is also upgraded in the next version.

Been playing th KB version and it's great, performance is good too!

One question though. How are we supposed to use jets? They spawn at the aircraft factory so there is no runway to take off :confused:

They spawn at the aircraft factory so there is no runway to take off :confused:

build at an airfield maybe? :)

build at an airfield maybe? :)

OK, so this will only work with a human commander who can control where the base is built. I have been playing with AI commander so far.

OK, so this will only work with a human commander who can control where the base is built. I have been playing with AI commander so far.

yep, correct.

you could still start a jet when the 'field runway' is clear. Eg when there is a plain somewhere around the base just knock over all the trees on your runway, and maybe send an support vehicles to the airport so you can land for rearm/repair.

I have just gotten used to using the commander now so I can set up a base at a runway :)

Had a great game earlier with some mates on Chernarus. We started at the grass runway near Charnagorsk and it took us over an hour just to capture as it was split in to two capture points so double the resistance! Was scraping the barrel for funds just before the capture as we had no other towns yet. Good fun.

What steps are involved with porting this (KB Edition) to another map? I'd like to give it a go on Duela or Lingor. I don't have much experience with the editing side of things. I tried merging an unpacked PBO in the editor and then saving it to the MP missions folder but I guess there is more to it than this.

@DanSireUK

Isla Duala and Lingor were not good for ai movement. Thats why we dont use them anymore....:j:

We are at the final state of testing.

Next update comes closer but for now here are some preview screens of some of the complete redesigned dialogs.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=10.0;attach=62;image

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=10.0;attach=64;image

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=10.0;attach=66;image

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=10.0;attach=68;image

@DanSireUK

Isla Duala and Lingor were not good for ai movement. Thats why we dont use them anymore....:j:

We are at the final state of testing.

Next update comes closer but for now here are some preview screens of some of the complete redesigned dialogs.

Spoiler is spoiled :)

What steps are involved with porting this (KB Edition) to another map? I'd like to give it a go on Duela or Lingor. I don't have much experience with the editing side of things. I tried merging an unpacked PBO in the editor and then saving it to the MP missions folder but I guess there is more to it than this.

You have to copy all Missionscripts as well, the whole smash. Then you can basically copy everything using the Editor from Map to Map, adjust Spawnpoints and Towns, that should do it.

About the east lame AI issue, where they don't build tanks. This is indeed happening like the other person reported. Even with loads of cash, they only build light vehicles and other vehicles, but never anything from the tank factory.

Wondering what the AI is telling them to build, I go to the Command AI menu (even though I am not commander) and see instead of vehicle type, the text "rfmi_pixel", see picture. I'm sure this is not right?

ai_bug_no_tanks.jpg

Version 4.27 CO Chernarus

Oh just realized this is for the Unit type Patch, or Insignia. Hmm still looking to why then.

Thanks!

@oktane

Yes I did some wrong script entries about the AI Commander but this is allready fixed.

Now the AI Commander will build all kind of units depends on how much $ he has. If an AI commanded side spots the enemy base they will take it

as possible target depends on how much towns and $ they have.

This could end up in air attacks or tank overruns.

Wondering what the AI is telling them to build, I go to the Command AI menu (even though I am not commander) and see instead of vehicle type, the text "rfmi_pixel", see picture. I'm sure this is not right?

This is also reworked as you can see what kind of units every squad owns now. Like M:3 means three Men or P:1 means one plane.

You will have a good and short overview plus also you can have a quick look and not reading agyptian hyroglyphics.

rfmi_pixel was just taken from the config wich ich sometimes confusing.

This and much more in the next proman release hopefully next week.

This and much more in the next proman release hopefully next week.

Quite great sir! I can't wait to get some tank action on Chenarus. I quickly ported the map to Takistan, but I must say that it is not very interesting. Tank battles are pretty hairy in the vast open north (found some RES tanks), but terrain makes it dull in the valleys.. I know the AI has problems with these. And good luck finding a damn start position, everywhere is rocky or a cliff. I need to optimize the AI commander to use more infantry+transport choppers than normal, as this is the most optimal method of taking towns on that kind of terrain.

Something strange.. Back in the old days of CR on OFP, the most amazing sight was transport chopper hauling ass over town and dropping men out with parachutes. Your heart would sink as you just killed the last RES and took the town when you hear the rotors coming, you know enemies are going to be floating down on you soon. I know this is rather silly and unrealistic, (well almost, there were heli-paratroopers in Vietnam war, I know one :) ) but the efficiency and excitement of it makes for great gameplay. Last night I boarded a transport chopper to see where it would go, and it went and landed in a field, lol. (must have been CO WP) It seems that at some point, AI commander tells teams to stop being Infantry class, so nobody gets in the transport choppers anymore. Probably there should be at least one team dedicated to infantry that uses the choppers to drop on towns. (CR did this, I think late in the game it would be dropping spetz/sf on towns, while rest of units were tanks etc.)

Thanks again for good times!

Edited by oktane

All squads wich have order "pick up wait" will get in transport vehicles. You can check this in AI Command menue.

The AI commander sets co wp in fields yes cause its more safe there and hes not dropping them out. The pilots land because in ACE mod you need to buy parachute.

Thats why we changed it.

Well iam actually more for the MP side but maybe kastenbier will implement a new order to drop infantry on captured towns !?

Anyway this will work only with maybe 2 squads and if you play 15 towns you perhaps wont see it.

Thanks again for the updates Muecke. I know it must suck having people asking you for new things all the time. But... :D as an idea (just to muse over), do you think you would ever be interested in making a version of this that used the BW East and West units?

Thanks again for the updates Muecke. I know it must suck having people asking you for new things all the time. But... :D as an idea (just to muse over), do you think you would ever be interested in making a version of this that used the BW East and West units?

BW is a Destination but only if it fills up all units i need for Proman. Infantry,Lights,Heavy,Aircrafts...

This is for Proman.

You can go here http://www.angryinsects.com/content/download download the KB Edition and then start all mods you like with your ArmA.

The mission will include all untis,weapons you have load with your ArmA. Sides,prices all is working automatically.

So you can play with all BW addons you have downloaded and installed....

Isn´t this awesome ? ;)

Seany, if the units don't show up, tell me, then we have to add the Faction Name.

Proman%20V5%203.jpg

*New Full Release*

Download at first post

CTI or DIE