Muecke

CRcti Proman

I don't find a server ....

EDIT: Ok, there seem to be two of them: Insert "angry" or "united" in your filter and you will often find them.

Edited by Herbal Influence

PromanV4_26.jpg

Food for Heros.

All momentary 12 missions are updated to version V4_26.

Changelog:

-small JIP adjustment

-Unitswitch over parameter conectable

-Respawnmenu works synchronously to Respawntime

-Month to play is now electable as random

-Defaults of parameter minimal adjusted

Credit: Kastenbier

Required:

-ArmA2 + Operation Arrowhead (CO)

-Proman Mod

-Everon,Nogova,Malden,Tasmania,Podagorsk (optional)

-ACE (optional)

DOWNLOAD

I have been trying the latest KB addon versions of crCTIand have been giving some thought to the following game play.

Would it be possible to :

1. Lock all existing AI slots (including commander)

2. Add additional human player slots with specific task (e.g. AT. Medic)

3. Incorporate re-spawn on player script (like insurgency)

The motive for this is to change the game play to more of a co-operative, I enjoy the game play but some who I talk to don't enjoy the micro-management of buying AI etc. Without humans building AI you put your side at a disadvantage.

If you could add 1-3 above you would be able to generate an ongoing battle where co-operative humans represent one squad. Humans would only be able to buy equipment, but not AI and still need to be part of the OPFOR or BLUEFOR economy. Task assignment to the humans still would be dictated by the AI commander (controlling waypoints etc)

Anyways this is one of my wishes for the crCTI development. I love the current game play, especially with the latest dedicated Arma 2 betas. But think this would be a good way of getting the co-op focused players involved.

Look forward to hearing other peoples thoughts :)

EDIT: Sheesh got all side tracked on my wishlist. To Muecke and Kastenbier thanks for all the updates!!!! :thanx: :thanx:

Edited by mazza

so, if i understand you correctly, you want lets say, one group per side, both with human playable slots?

lets say, both november groups are all human, the other AI groups are unplayable, but still present?

hmm.

so, if i understand you correctly, you want lets say, one group per side, both with human playable slots?

lets say, both november groups are all human, the other AI groups are unplayable, but still present?

hmm.

Yes :) ....but its important that human don't buy AI. Humans represent a group. The group re-spawn is so that if a human dies your team doesn't have to pick them up from base again etc. I am not a big fan of group re-spawn as it sort of kills the realism etc, but i think it's a compromise.

sounds like a great idea to me, that would pretty much be a brand new CTI experience altogether, and a killer in combination with ACE and, perhaps, ACRE too. Fballs, hot!! :)

Edited by Flattermann

Yes :) ....but its important that human don't buy AI. Humans represent a group. The group re-spawn is so that if a human dies your team doesn't have to pick them up from base again etc. I am not a big fan of group re-spawn as it sort of kills the realism etc, but i think it's a compromise.

the idea is intriguing, and i did some experiments the last couple of days. i'm not sure i can implement a satisfying solution right now. there's just too much to handle and code, because it's just completely outside the original crCTI scope, IMO. and there are much more important things left to get the crCTI up to speed, so we can hopefully play it with Arma3.

we could try to get some crude version going, by just setting all "playable" units to "non playable" in the editor, except for one leader, then join your other teammembers to it. then mark them "playable".

you could at least join as a whole team, the first problem being spawn positions at startup.

I'm trying to play a game of cooperative CTI(humans against the AI), and it seems that the AI commander on both sides(Blufor/Opfor) are broken. The Blufor AI commander builds a barracks and comm center and that's it. The Opfor AI commander builds a barracks, comm center and a light vehicle factory and never builds anything more. Is anyone else running into this problem?

Also when you die you respawn with default gear, unlike in Benny edition where you respawn with your last puchased gear. Is this broken or do they want you to repurchase your gear every time you respawn?

Thanks.

--------------Edit---------------

Nevermind, I think I have figured it out, I believe that when you play on Everon(with 9 towns parameter) income is very slow, because towns are few and far. It takes hours before the AI commander's have enough cash to buy/create more base factories.

Edited by Rumsfield

@Rumsfield

Yes you are right but that is no problem. You can raise the townincome in parameters before start.

Also when you die you respawn with default gear, unlike in Benny edition where you respawn with your last puchased gear. Is this broken or do they want you to repurchase your gear every time you respawn?

Yes they want. But you can store 4 sets so it will take only 2 sec to buy.

The point is you have to pay. This feature is tradition since OFP and will never be changed.

btw in the next upcomming release we have pimped the AI commander so that he will act pretty much better and attacks your base if he has enough $ and force.

Stay tuned for the next release....

@Muecke

Thanks for the quick response! I have played CTI since the old OFP days and this version has that classic feel that I miss. I think this is my favorite version of CTI now... you converted me!

I'm really looking forward to a playing cooperatively(with friends) against a challenging AI. Also, I can't wait for the next version! Nice work!

Rumsfield

i think you can vote admin, and 3rd view off should be only in Veteran and Expert modes

Edited by Flattermann

will be nice to have limitation similar to original crcti ideas with firing range.

Current in game optical drawing distance for object approx 2km.will be nice to see limitation for locking and firing 2km as well.There is also I hope one day TAB to lock will be removed as well,except laser pointer.

@Muecke

I have found an issue with the AI commander(s). I was observing how the AI commanders build/order AI/etc for a while.

The issue: When you play against or on a team with an AI commander, the AI does not purchase/build heavy vehicles such as:

M1A1/T90

M2A2/BMP2/3

Linebacker/Shilka or Tunguska

BTR90/LAV

etc.

The reason I believe is because the AI commander never sets any of the AI's purchase mode to "Heavy tanks" via the "Command AI" feature.

I have recently played a 2.5 hour game with an AI comm. using these parameters:

Team start money: $1,000,000(Maximum)

Town income/minute: 3x

Game Time Limit: unlimited

Number of towns: 8 to 12

In 15 minutes the base was completely built, and we had Harriers, A10, Apaches, Humvees, infantry, BUT no heavy armor units...ever! Even with 2 heavy factories. Also, the AI comm. had $600,000 left over, so money was not the problem. This scenario happens over and over again. Try it out to see for your self.

I believe I might have an idea of where the coding problem is:

Server/AI_UpdateCommander.sqf

I believe the problem lies within this portion of code:

for [ {_i=0}, {_i<_c}, {_i=_i+1}] do

{

_giSet = _giList select _i;

[_si, _giSet, aisPickupWait, 1] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupSetting.sqf";

[_si, _giSet, aisSpeedMode, DefaultSpeedMode] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupSetting.sqf";

[_si, _giSet, aisFormation, DefaultFormation] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupSetting.sqf";

if ( _i == 0 ) then

{

if ( _transport ) then

{

[_si, _giSet, aisBuy, utbTransportAir] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupSetting.sqf";

[_si, _giSet, aisKeep, 7] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupSetting.sqf";

[_si, _giSet, orderTransportDuty, [0,1,2]] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupOrder.sqf";

_tgroups = groupMatrix select _si;

_tgroup = _tgroups select _giSet;

{

if ( !((vehicle _x) isKindOf "Air") && !(((_x getVariable "SQU_SI_GI")select 2) in typesSupport)) then

{

_x setDamage 1.0;

};

}forEach units _tgroup;

}

else

{

[_si, _giSet, aisBuy, utbMixed] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupSetting.sqf";

[_si, _giSet, aisKeep, 5] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupSetting.sqf";

[_si, _giSet, orderTakeHoldTowns, [3,1]] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupOrder.sqf";

};

};

if ( _i == 1 ) then

{

if (AttackChoppersAllowed == 1 ) then

{

[_si, _giSet, aisBuy, utbAttackHeli] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupSetting.sqf";

[_si, _giSet, aisKeep,9] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupSetting.sqf";

_tgroups = groupMatrix select _si;

_tgroup = _tgroups select _giSet;

{

if ( !((vehicle _x) isKindOf "Air") && !(((_x getVariable "SQU_SI_GI")select 2) in typesSupport)) then

{

_x setDamage 1.0;

};

}forEach units _tgroup;

}

else

{

if ( CarsAllowed == 1 ) then

{

[_si, _giSet, aisBuy, utbCars] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupSetting.sqf";

[_si, _giSet, aisKeep,6] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupSetting.sqf";

}

else

{

[_si, _giSet, aisKeep,5] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupSetting.sqf";

};

};

};

if ( _i > 1 && _i <= 2) then

{

};

if ( _i > 2 && _i <= 4) then

{

if ( CarsAllowed == 1 ) then

{

[_si, _giSet, aisKeep, 6] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupSetting.sqf";

}

else

{

};

};

if ( _i > 4 && _i <= 6) then

{

if ( LightArmorAllowed == 1 ) then

{

[_si, _giSet, aisBuy, utbTanksLight] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupSetting.sqf";

[_si, _giSet, aisKeep, 7] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupSetting.sqf";

};

if ( LightArmorAllowed == 0 && CarsAllowed == 1 ) then

{

[_si, _giSet, aisKeep, 6] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupSetting.sqf";

};

if ( LightArmorAllowed == 0 && CarsAllowed == 0 ) then

{

};

};

if ( _i > 6 ) then

{

if ( HeavyArmorAllowed == 1 ) then

{

[_si, _giSet, aisBuy, utbTanksHeavy] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupSetting.sqf";

[_si, _giSet, aisKeep,8] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupSetting.sqf";

};

if ( HeavyArmorAllowed == 0 && LightArmorAllowed == 1 ) then

{

[_si, _giSet, aisBuy, utbTanksLight] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupSetting.sqf";

[_si, _giSet, aisKeep,7] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupSetting.sqf";

};

if ( HeavyArmorAllowed == 0 && LightArmorAllowed == 0 && CarsAllowed == 1 ) then

{

[_si, _giSet, aisKeep,6] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupSetting.sqf";

};

if ( HeavyArmorAllowed == 0 && LightArmorAllowed == 0 && CarsAllowed == 0 ) then

{

[_si, _giSet, aisKeep,5] execVM "Common\SendAIGroupSetting.sqf";

};

};

};

I am not the best at code deciphering, so would you take a look into this.

Thanks!

Hi interesting information Rumsfield.

I never had this kind of issue before. It was more that the AI enemy commander has sended massive tanks out.

Anyway if there is something wrong in the code this should be very easy to fix.

But that is what can be done after xmas...

What mission version do you use and do you play this on a dedicated server ?

@kotov12345

Read the "ModInfo" included in the download.

There is not only a problem with TAB also with Key2 wich both can be used for something like a cheat. Its not possible to deactivate completly.

@Herbal Influence

Our server runs 3rdView only on cadet mode.

You can vote yourself as admin and choose it.

Read the "ModInfo" included in the download.

There is not only a problem with TAB also with Key2 wich both can be used for something like a cheat. Its not possible to deactivate completly.

why should I read it ? lol I feel very comfortable playing other maps :)

warfare 070 with disable camps looks very similar and not mods needed.

Missile range also can be limited.

You can disable TAB and radar even without mods (like in VALHALA map)

If you use mods you can change many other things.

why should I read it ? lol I feel very comfortable playing other maps :)...:o:

Because there you will see entries about target range limits of 2,5km and thats what you was asking for !

Anyway I wish you much fun... :nener:

What mission version do you use and do you play this on a dedicated server ?

@Muecke

I am using "crCTI_Proman_v4_27_CO_9vs9.Chernarus.pbo". I tried both ARMA 2 OA 1.59 AND 1.60 BETA. I get the same results on my home PC and on a dedicated server. I just recently tried it on a public server called:

[AI-DAO] crCTI Get Addons >>>AngryInsects.com /@PROMAN

Perhaps that is your server?

Anyway, just to restate the issue: When playing coop with an AI commander, the AI units never build any of the following vehicles:

FOR EAST SIDE FOR EXAMPLE:

BTR60

BTR90

BRDM2

Tunguska

ZSU Shilka TAK

BMP2

BMP3

T34

T55

T72

T90

and more...

Again, I believe it has to do with the commander not assigning the AI to buy "heavy armor" vehicles. I have noticed the AI are usually assigned as follows: Alpha(AI Commander)=N/A, Bravo=Mixed, Charlie=Attack Choppers, Delta=Mixed, Echo=Cars, Foxtrot=Cars, Golf=Armor light, Hotel=Armor light, Kilo(Me)=N/A. Notice no AI is assigned to "Armor Heavy".

Hope this helps, and you are able to fix this! Great mission otherwise.

Thanks!

Again, I believe it has to do with the commander not assigning the AI to buy "heavy armor" vehicles. I have noticed the AI are usually assigned as follows: Alpha(AI Commander)=N/A, Bravo=Mixed, Charlie=Attack Choppers, Delta=Mixed, Echo=Cars, Foxtrot=Cars, Golf=Armor light, Hotel=Armor light, Kilo(Me)=N/A. Notice no AI is assigned to "Armor Heavy".

You're right. The Proman version is missing the last 3 slots (9 of 12). The last 4 slots should be assigned Heavy Armor, with the 3 missing slots and 1 human player the heavy armor is missing completely.

We'll fix it.

Edited by thhamm

(...)

@Herbal Influence

Our server runs 3rdView only on cadet mode.

You can vote yourself as admin and choose it.

Thanx for the info!

I will try ... yeah, and probably I didn't realize it until now because I always play on Veteran Mode but with 3rd view.

Hello.

I love this mission, thank you for the conversion, long live cleanrock's cti. I think the issue above that rums mentions is because EAST AI troops keep killing EAST heavy factory because it of the wrong class. (West, M1 chassis appears inside)

I am trying to figure out how to fix it, I am thrown off by custom proman base object classes instead of using standard warfare base units.

To replicate, try being in EAST last slot, so AI is commanding on both sides. Set money to 200000 or something so base is quickly built, EAST AI will attack it's own base, heavy factory. :( Could also be the beta patch I'm using, still trying to figure it out.

Cheers

EDIT: Never mind! It's an issue with an old version of the map.. 4.12. Make sure you copy the latest missions from @proman\mpmissions to the missions directory on the server! :D (I'm dumb)

Edited by oktane

@oktane

first you made my heart stop then you made me laugh. ;)

stay tuned for the upcomming update of proman.