Muecke

CRcti Proman

Is there anyway of controlling where the AI commander builds the aircraft factory? Sometimes places it on hill, and you return to base only to find a burnout choppers. Expensive ones too!! :)

Yes, but its near impossible to test. The basetemplate is proven but there are many random spawnpoints and some may be not perfect for AIcommander.

To get safe just choose "Airfields" as spawn in parameters.

If you want to change the basetemplate have a look at the InitStructureTypes.sqf inside of the common folder. The template is set at the bottom of the script....

Hi

very nice from what ive seen so far

I love the acre compatibility of this.

How do you enable the cigarettes and the voice quiet (disable AI voices) ??

thanks in advance, nice work !

Thanks BL1P.

The cigarette can be turned on in "Player Profile".

The voicequite is a seperate addon not included in proman anymore.

pm me i can give you a link then..

another question is view distance.

can the view distance be set in-game via the player or is it a static server setting ?

cant see any options for it anywhere.

thanks for the fast reply

erm what player profile btw for ciggys ?

PM sending :)

Edited by BL1P

Hi, skadog nice to hear that you like it.

Try to reconect only with @proman folder, could be another addon wich gets you in trouble.We dont have this problems.

Or check your RPT file, maybe there is a hint.

Yeah, I really like how well the AI works, less inhibited, uses air power, and also that you can get into AI controlled vehicles not under your control. e.g. Transport trucks, helicopters, and IFVs.

I haven't played much as the commander, the way point system seems a little daunting.

I also wasn't able to figure out how to re-arm static weapons like mortars, and artillery.

Another thing that I am wondering is if I have multiple buildings of the same type, say heavy vehicle factory, will that speed up production? The queue takes quite a long time for infantry units to be produced later in the game. It seems like it's backed up by some of the larger units like armor and air units.

Thanks for the advice! I thought it was happening in both the Proman and Lite versions. I am running a few other addons so I'll try a process of elimination. Have to look at the RPT file, is that a log file?

another question is view distance.

can the view distance be set in-game via the player or is it a static server setting ?

cant see any options for it anywhere.

thanks for the fast reply

erm what player profile btw for ciggys ?

PM sending :)

Your player profil in start menue where you can set your name face and so on.

Just choose some glasses and find the cigarett.

Viewdistance is only changeable in parameters before starting the mission.

This is cause of the fairness. Some ppl have lower systems some have higher.

hf

Thanks once again for the fast replies.

Very cool stuff so far

Excellent fairness of play

Im only playing with me and 1 other guy atm on a dedicated from my own pc.

server loads seem good so far

nothing over what I would consider excessive.

Im using a hex core amd 1090t - 10 gig ram - dual 5770s - (32down - 8up) fttc connection.

and so far it runs good.

Ill be altering a few things for private use and ill alter the name.

atm ill just alter the player models to be the BAF officers cause they look good with the red beret .

One thing i did notice is that at distance some objects only appear when i zoom in now.

what could that be related to and is there a way to disable or increase the distance at which objects appear ???

Ill try and explain better

buildings seem fine in fact they appear at greater distance to be loading the lods faster.

smaller objects like fences and walls in towns seem not to be loading the lods as they did before which leads to strange gfx when viewed threw a scope zoom.

so what im asking is can i disable what it is your using for the distance of objects to test if it better on or off for my system ?

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Very impressive that you have the creator of CTI as your second post.

All hail Cleanrock !!

and shame on bis for not giving him a job !!!

Edited by BL1P

Yes Cleanrock is a legend !

@skadog

I haven't played much as the commander, the way point system seems a little daunting.

Yep, its a bit complicated but easy as soon as you found out how to do.

This is a big work to change but we have it on the todolist.

I also wasn't able to figure out how to re-arm static weapons like mortars, and artillery.

Just get yourself a supportvehicle like Truck/BMP/M113 stand 20m to the static and rearm/repair it over actionmenu. You can send an ai to do that also. Just give command over key 6.

Another thing that I am wondering is if I have multiple buildings of the same type, say heavy vehicle factory, will that speed up production? The queue takes quite a long time for infantry units to be produced later in the game. It seems like it's backed up by some of the larger units like armor and air units.

No really but if you are commander you can order vehicles on two factories wich will speed up. AI commander will use this too but not from start.

The queue of every building is seperate so heavyfac does not block barracks and so on. Infantry will take 7 seconds and planes about 60 seconds to spawn.

hope this would help...

regards

Ran crCTI KB 1.9 r34 on dedicated and had a blast :). The only issue for MP is the JIP. After as substantial time (2+ hours) players are "unable" to join the server. By my definition unable is within a connect time of 10 to 15 minutes. Like I said the Kastenbier version is smooth as and we would have had more people involved if they could get in.

On a side note I went and modified the KB version for my own personal testing. The modification locked down the commanders for both teams. I also moved the re spawns to areas where ground topography was smoother (hate it when choppers go toboggoning). There is nothing worse than humans joining into commander slots who know nothing about commanding and I think that crcti AI commanders are pretty good. Ideally I think commander slots should be passworded.

Hello mazza, thanks for the feedback.

Ran crCTI KB 1.9 r34 on dedicated and had a blast :). The only issue for MP is the JIP. After as substantial time (2+ hours) players are "unable" to join the server. By my definition unable is within a connect time of 10 to 15 minutes. Like I said the Kastenbier version is smooth as and we would have had more people involved if they could get in.

Can you be more specific? How exactly does it fail? Is it really hanging "forever" or does ist just take too much time (as you said >10 min), but eventually will it continue?

At which point does it stop? (What is the Loadingscreen text, what's the client and server .rpt saying?) Does it work joining a different slot?

What are your Server FPS at that point, and what Game parameters (Amount of Towns, Resistance, Civilians etc.)?

Any mods?

Hello mazza, thanks for the feedback.

Can you be more specific? How exactly does it fail? Is it really hanging "forever" or does ist just take too much time (as you said >10 min), but eventually will it continue?

At which point does it stop? (What is the Loadingscreen text, what's the client and server .rpt saying?) Does it work joining a different slot?

What are your Server FPS at that point, and what Game parameters (Amount of Towns, Resistance, Civilians etc.)?

Any mods?

Thanks for the reply :)

Can't be too specific only to say that the town settings were set to 15, with 10 AI per person. Civilians are set to off, with only minimal resistance. The server is running addons, which include ACRE, CBA, JAYARMA, LINGOR, and FALLUJA.

It gets stuck in the receiving screen for more than 10 minutes, I would even go as far as to say 15 minutes. I have had the same problem at home on my dedicated, and once again it says receiving etc. It might be that we are not waiting long enough? But if so, how long should you have to wait?

I have not looked at the server or client reports (not sure of location, never had of looked for them b4)

mazza can you post the rpt of the JIP client (and of the server) please

Hi mazza,

as far as I can see this must be a issue with server or client machine.

I never get a receiving or receiving screen. It has to be a loadingscreen with "Initializing" or "Initializing Client." on top of the left.

I can remember receiving back in the days when ArmA was released when i switched back from mapview to game.

Anyway those RPT´s would might help....

The other thing with locking the commanderslots I have no idea how this could be realized....:confused:

Hi,

Been playing around with this for a couple of days - great stuff. My only issue is that you're using a old version of CBA in there. Not a problem if this is the only mod loaded, but does cause a problem if there are other mods that need CBA or there is a newer CBA key on the server.

Good stuff though.

Hi,

Been playing around with this for a couple of days - great stuff. My only issue is that you're using a old version of CBA in there. Not a problem if this is the only mod loaded, but does cause a problem if there are other mods that need CBA or there is a newer CBA key on the server.

Good stuff though.

Hi Jedra,

yes you are right its just cause the last release is from 05-13-2011.

You can exchange the older CBA with a newer one. I do this for testing too.

There will be a new release soon, with new CBA and alot of new features.

Hi Jedra,

yes you are right its just cause the last release is from 05-13-2011.

You can exchange the older CBA with a newer one. I do this for testing too.

There will be a new release soon, with new CBA and alot of new features.

OK - cool - I load CBA standalone, so I just ripped out the old ones from PROMAN. Thanks for the resonse.

It gets stuck in the receiving screen for more than 10 minutes

Hmm. I don't think this is strictly caused by the mission itself, other than that it gets pretty complex after while, and that data has to be transferred to every client connecting.

There are many other posts and CIT tickets dealing with the "Receiving ..." issue, maybe that will help. What is your server bandwidth / bandwidth settings (basic.cfg)?

I got the log and rpt files. But they for server since server been running. I tried other night to JIP and had no issues. I have since found that the person connecting has old version of CBA compared to server. Thanks for all your help, will let u know if any more issues. :)

OK that JIP might be caused by player configs. I have not been having any JIP issues, will continue monitoring. crCTI gives some amazing firefights and I have bee getting very immersed!! :) :)

I have been running the Proman Lite and KB versions? There are features in both that I like

One issue to be aware of was that whilst I was on the OPFOR team in crcti_kb_19_r34.zargabad I stole an M1 Abrams. The issue is that the BLUFOR AI did not engage me nor could humans on BLUEFOR target the tank?

I stole an M1 Abrams. The issue is that the BLUFOR AI did not engage me nor could humans on BLUEFOR target the tank?

i think that's normal and intended engine behaviour. there's definitely nothing in the mission code that could cause this.

hi. crcti revival !

this battlefield engine is great , i didn't play it on arma2. it's working far better than actual warfar 2.0.69.

but there are problems with this mission. the most important IMO , is the city selection when you choose a small number of them. it's sparsed on the map. the AI need to walk or drive so much to reach objective. in warfar, the city selection is coherent.

hi. crcti revival !

this battlefield engine is great , i didn't play it on arma2. it's working far better than actual warfar 2.0.69.

but there are problems with this mission. the most important IMO , is the city selection when you choose a small number of them. it's sparsed on the map. the AI need to walk or drive so much to reach objective. in warfar, the city selection is coherent.

Try "Transport Duty" or drive MHQ closer to the towns.

I know its hard but after a while you will see its tactical fun.

Btw its not a revival. OFP is still alive and crcti is number 1 there.

We play crcti since ArmA1. Why eat bread if we have meat ?

:D