Muecke

CRcti Proman

I do not have a server exe anywhere in my game folder under steamapps. I even searched for "server" under my steam folder. Where else would it be?

Iam sorry, Iam not an expert in that stuff but i do have an arma2oaserver.exe im my game rootfolder. You should search this forum for how to create a dedicated server....

Im having similar problems with steam combined operations and running a dedicated.

I have the arma2oaserver.exe in my arma2 OA root folder but it wont read the server.cfg i made. which i placed in the aram2 OA root folder.

I created a shortcut and change the params to read :-

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oaserver.exe" -config=server.cfg

looks right to me but ya might spot something wrong

but all it does is launches a default server with my pcs name as the host name with all default settings

no set player password

no set admin password

If you dont have the arma2oaserver.exe in your steam folder i know you can download the dedicated server for steam by clicking on tools in steam and selecting the arma2 dedicated server file for the game you want.

Just dont know why mine wont read my server.cfg

the wiki doesnt really help

Screw it, I'm just going to download it and try by hosting through the game MP screen as I usually do.

What is the "Lite" versions of the missions?

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Screw it, I'm just going to download it and try by hosting through the game MP screen as I usually do.

What is the "Lite" versions of the missions?

"Lite" version isn't require Proman add-ons pack.

but still works only in CO[vanilla A2 isn't supported as in Benny, DVD and crCTI itself].

So with the lite version I can just move the mission files over to the mpmissions folder rather than run it as a mod? I've never in all my time in OFP understood what (cr)CTI is. What's the cr?

Most importantly will the non lite (full) version conflict with my other mods like TGW Vehicle Fixes and can people join if they do not have the same mission modfolder setup?

So with the lite version I can just move the mission files over to the mpmissions folder rather than run it as a mod? I've never in all my time in OFP understood what (cr)CTI is. What's the cr?

Most importantly will the non lite (full) version conflict with my other mods like TGW Vehicle Fixes and can people join if they do not have the same mission modfolder setup?

right

"cr" prefex stand for "Cleanrock" and credit creator/s therefore.

you can try. thats why always good reason instead of add addons to into you Arma2 "add-ons" folders directly, but in "this is mappack#2 folder"-simialr named ones and with launching it "-mod="this is mappack#2 folder"" switch, added to shortcut properties[among others].

Edited by BasileyOne

Thank you for the response BasileyOne. I think I'll just use the "lite" pack when playing online, and the full pack when playing by myself. :D

After playing this for some time this is now my favorite mission I've ever played. You guys have done such a great job with this, congratulations! I've got a few suggestions for the mission though, if you don't mind.

1. It would be nice to see a fast travel option you can enable in the parameters. I think using the map screen as in vanilla warfare or walking up to a flagpole at each city would be a good way to start the event.
  2. Random objectives would be a major welcome addition to this wonderful mission. I realise it's a bit of a large feature and may take some time to code into the mission. An easy way around this is to just have it rely on the SecOps module. This mission is already CO dependent so that would be an easy workaround.

Please tell me what you think of these ideas, and I'm sure I'll have some more for you as time goes on. :P

Oh and it would seem the need for a dedicated server is lost. I can host locally just fine.

After playing this for some time this is now my favorite mission I've ever played. You guys have done such a great job with this, congratulations!

Thx and this goes to all who are in the credits.

It would be nice to see a fast travel option you can enable in the parameters. I think using the map screen as in vanilla warfare or walking up to a flagpole at each city would be a good way to start the event.

Thank you for this suggestion but it would completly disturb the mission.

We dont want to change it in that way, we rather want to let it be original as

it is proven for over 7 years.

The kick is to not get fast from point to point. This forces teamplay.

Random objectives would be a major welcome addition to this wonderful mission. I realise it's a bit of a large feature and may take some time to code into the mission. An easy way around this is to just have it rely on the SecOps module. This mission is already CO dependent so that would be an easy workaround.

I saw the clip to this addon. It looks nice and its a good idea.

We are almost at the performance limit while we play the mission, every addition need to be proven if it doesnt interrupt the gameflow.

Oh and it would seem the need for a dedicated server is lost. I can host locally just fine.

Yes, it will work on good systems but some scripts could not work well.

Iam not sure if JIP or other functions will work. But cool if you gonna test it this way :). If you get problems feel free to connect on our server.

The SecOps module is very well made. It automatically cleans up everything it creates to save performance. This happens if you travel over a certain distance away and/or you complete/fail the objectives. I realize now that fast travel would be a waste, because this mission is laid out so well you can even have AI transport you in a helicopter. Very good job everybody. I'm very impressed. :D

Oh and the SecOps module has very many parameters you can manually set by simple scripting in the missions module.

Here is a link on the module:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Secondary_Operations_Manager

[*]It would be nice to see a fast travel option you can enable in the parameters. I think using the map screen as in vanilla warfare or walking up to a flagpole at each city would be a good way to start the event.

there will never, EVER be anything like THAT in any crCTI code i modified. EVER. no way.

seriously. :p

Oh and it would seem the need for a

dedicated server is lost. I can host locally just fine.

i know.

Hi! I played your mission yesterday and I quite like it I have to say.

A suggestion: When playing with fewer towns (like 5 or less) the towns are placed very far apart so you have to cross like half of the whole map to get from one to another.

Is there a way you could change that? thanks

Is there a way you could change that?

yes there is actually.

there will never, EVER be anything like THAT in any crCTI code i modified. EVER. no way.

seriously. :p

Haha yeah I know. I realized that in my most recent post.

Would it be possible to change the independent faction from either Takistanis or PMC units via a parameter?

Would it be possible to change the independent faction from either Takistanis or PMC units via a parameter?

At the current state of the crCTI you would need to change the towngroups, and add PMC addons to the portfolio. AFAIK it's not possible via parameters. Changing the towngroups wouldn't be an issue though, original BI units shouldn't be the cause for any trouble server-wise. I'd for my part actually appreciate PMC towngroups or the Chechen Rebels.. :yay:

Takistani towngroups are in the Takistan and Zargabad versions. Try playing it in twilight, it's really difficult to find cover once you got in the spotlight of the static MG's :D And Takistan at 4 am is just beautiful ^^

There is a way to pre-determine the towns. That's what we call a PvP-match setup (without towngroups and AI disabled, but that's optional anyway). Maybe Muecke or thhamm can tell you how to do it, for IDK :D

*Edit* well one thing you can do for now is to make use of the 'Airfac Small' for $8000. Small means transport choppers only - just hook up a tank, let a bunch of AI embark and drop 'em off (yes, you can have a M1A2 parachute from 200m, no problem :))

Edited by Flattermann

I guess this is possible but isnt this a quesstion for thham !?:p

I know that it is now possible to get wheater-change without having fog even once. :P

Edited by Muecke

Can I run the ACE version of this mission without the custom addons? I don't care about the addons, it's just I don't want them to interfere with my other addons.

Can I run the ACE version of this mission without the custom addons? I don't care about the addons, it's just I don't want them to interfere with my other addons.

Yes, there is a trick for this. You just start your ACE and the Proman LITE version. Then you set "Autounits" in the parameter to on.

BTW the Proman modpack usually should not interfere with other mods. ;)

Thanks for the speedy reply. I'd like to run it with the addons too, but it'd also affect SP and all other missions, would it not?

What does the "Autounits" parameter do?

Thanks for the speedy reply. I'd like to run it with the addons too, but it'd also affect SP and all other missions, would it not?

What does the "Autounits" parameter do?

It depends on the mission. Look in the "Modinfo.Pdf" included in the download.

"Autunits" will insert all stuff you have loaded with your arma.

It will calculate for example every vehicle price focus on type of weapon.

You can use this feature to test every community release and play with it in a real cti. ;)

*Have fun*

NEW VERSION

[CTI24]crCTI Proman v4_21

GLT_Missilebox & RealAirWeapons added, Buildings now marked on map, etc.:

Changelog:

New loading screens
New sounds
Major fixes in the sourcecode (Kastenbier)
Buy menu revised
Artillery canon: now 30k$
KA52: now 20k$
SMAV removed from towngroups
Random weather script fixed (Kastenbier)
Fog on/off (Parameters) (Kastenbier)
JIP fixed (Kastenbier)
MHQ lock-bug fixed (Kastenbier)
Buildings are now automatically marked on map (Squeeze)
Aicraft radar animated on the map (blinking) (Squeeze)
A10 ground-to-air radar (thx Kju)
GLT Missilebox added (thx Myke)
Real Air Weapons added (thx Myke)
Stryker "fire" and "load..." bugs fixed (thx Xeno426)
TGW_Zeroing-Updated (thx Xeno426)
Configs of buildings fixed (thx Kju)

Download:

Yoma Autoupdate:

http://www.anker.ch/ai/yoma/proman.7z

@Proman manual download & install:

http://www.anker.ch/ai/@Proman.rar

User Manual:

English

Deutsch

Modinfo:

English

ÄŒesky

Deutsch

Edited by Flattermann

thanks to all the guys involved !!! :)

thanks a lot for this work !!! :bounce3:

thanks very much PROMAN team! --- best CTI since CRcti in OFP :)!

Failing to Start: Searching for reason, please take a look and comment what and where I can grab missing files:

Version 1.59.79384

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Warning Message: Addon 'DisabledForcedOpticsForBinocular_Gameplay_C_PvPscene' requires addon 'A_Crane_02'

Failing to Start: Searching for reason, please take a look and comment what and where I can grab missing files:

Version 1.59.79384

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Warning Message: Addon 'DisabledForcedOpticsForBinocular_Gameplay_C_PvPscene' requires addon 'A_Crane_02'

Do you have ArmA2 ?