Muecke

CRcti Proman

Ok buddys,

we have got something for you !:rolleyes:

First post is updated

:bounce3:

Edited by Muecke

You scripting gurus did an incredible job with crCTI. It’s a great experience to play, proman-crCTI and KB-crCTI.

It's a real shame, that not more dedicated servers are hosting these missions. Especially the missions, which do not require addons to be installed.

Having this said, I just want to upper an impossible? idea.

When selecting a crCTI mission, in multiplayer setup, a parameter to:

- Select how many maximal (random?) towns the map should have.

- Select the minimum distance between towns.

- Maybe in which part of the map, the towns are orientated.

So, if you don't want a long battle, you select i.e. 6 towns relatively close, and you have lots of action. Ofcourse,other factors come into play, start loctions need to be "relatively" close to the 6 towns.

You can create these conditions, by creating several missions. However, being able to select them in 1 mission, it would bring true dynamics to the game.

To finish this post, a link to promote crCTI with no addons, or an ACE version (mentioned by thhamm in another thread)

http://www.vsbw.de/~arma/

Thank you for reading!

Any news on this version? It seems to be constantly updated. Currently testing on dedicated. Works well my private dedi, but seems to be crashing public server.? Also the voices sound odd running with beta patched client

Any news on this version? It seems to be constantly updated. Currently testing on dedicated. Works well my private dedi, but seems to be crashing public server.? Also the voices sound odd running with beta patched client

yeah i'm constantly scripting and updating it, but i'm too lazy to post it here.

any details on the crashing?

I like this mission and quite often check you download page. Keep up the good work :) I actually like the battles more in this than warfare and think for some reason the AI are more clever :)

P.S Is there any chance of getting the transport choppers working? I don't see the choppers transporting soldiers like they us to :)

P.S Is there any chance of getting the transport choppers working? I don't see the choppers transporting soldiers like they us to :)

I'd love to see transport choppers working. Biiiigggg maps like Sands and islands/water maps could be fun (without armour etc).

Anyway, love these. Great fun even in single player.

Gnat;1780277']I'd love to see transport choppers working.

AI Groups should board vehicles, including choppers, when ordererd "Pick Up Wait" > 0.

Then you can set up 2 CO Waypoints and another group with order "Transport Duty" and "Buy at: Transport Air".

That's what i do most of the time.

AI Groups should board vehicles, including choppers, when ordererd "Pick Up Wait" > 0.

Then you can set up 2 CO Waypoints and another group with order "Transport Duty" and "Buy at: Transport Air".

That's what i do most of the time.

Yeah I have seen this previously in Squeezes version but have yet to see this happen when there is an AI commander. I don't normally command, apart from being lazy, all the micro management gets to me :)

Edit: forgot to mention that we are currently playing this on the OGN server.

Edited by mazza

Yeah I have seen this previously in Squeezes version but have yet to see this happen when there is an AI commander. I don't normally command, apart from being lazy, all the micro management gets to me :)

yeah, crcti 09 AICO used to use transport duty, but he placed the dropoff WP too close to enemy towns, so i disabled it. that's one thing i want to rewrite.

Edit: forgot to mention that we are currently playing this on the OGN server.

yes i saw that! glad you like it. feedback is always welcome.

feedback is always welcome.

Careful what you say. Requests/Feedback spoiler below :). Despite the requests me and mates still having great time with the mission in its current form (0.82). Below are some requests/issues we discussed amongst ourselves

• Air view distance is too short and not the same as the view distance set in game options
  • Would be nice to have UNFLIP command to turn vehicles upright
  • Would good to have players slots with different roles e.g. Medic
  • I'm coloured blind but a gaming mate complained about the camo. Doesn't affect me :)

yeah, crcti 09 AICO used to use transport duty, but he placed the dropoff WP too close to enemy towns, so i disabled it. that's one thing i want to rewrite.

Yeh, thats what I've been looking for. I dont command either.

Yes, paratroops did tend to get shot up too easy. Maybe a script such that they dont pull the rip-cord until the last second.

Gnat;1781456']Yeh' date=' thats what I've been looking for. I dont command either.

Yes, paratroops did tend to get shot up too easy. Maybe a script such that they dont pull the rip-cord until the last second.[/quote']

That's the way CR had it in OFP and I removed it because units never pulled their chutes when dropped over hills in Arma, find a early crcti and maybe use getPosATL and it might be a easy fix.

@Muecke

OK did the download and have to say that I like the PROMAN version too. Had issues with corrupt file (c1987_g3.pbo) in yoma download. Also the english manual a little hard to understand :)

But like i like this version too!!.. :)

..... why is it none the Buy buttons work for me, or as commander?

Most dialogs work fine ...... I just cant Buy and Que anything !

(Playing "MP" alone)

Can't play SP because it says No Player selected.

Gnat;1783004']..... why is it none the Buy buttons work for me' date=' or as commander?

Most dialogs work fine ...... I just cant Buy and Que anything !

(Playing "MP" alone)

Can't play SP because it says No Player selected.[/quote']

locality issue, use the dedicated server .exe until it's fixed.

Edited by thhamm

@Muecke

OK did the download and have to say that I like the PROMAN version too. Had issues with corrupt file (c1987_g3.pbo) in yoma download. Also the english manual a little hard to understand :)

But like i like this version too!!.. :)

The Proman is quite the same as this one here cause its based on it.

But iam glad you like it....

OK some feedback for crCTI KB Kastenbier Edition (and proman also). Still enjoying thoroughly though :)

1. Could you please make the commander the bottom slot? Many times players join without knowing they chose commander spot (especially in mulitplayer). Would be good if the admin could lock and unlock the commander slot. (KB and PROMAN)

2. Could we have a choice of player roles in the join screen e.g. medic /engineer etc

3. Increase air view distance to match ground view distance

4. Get error message when I click Options > Command AI Something about no entry etc (KB only)

Anyone with low pings to Australia, please feel free to visit the OGN :) Just filter for OGN or UGN

Good gaming!!!

OK some feedback for crCTI KB Kastenbier Edition (and proman also). Still enjoying thoroughly though :)

1. Could you please make the commander the bottom slot? Many times players join without knowing they chose commander spot (especially in mulitplayer). Would be good if the admin could lock and unlock the commander slot. (KB and PROMAN)

2. Could we have a choice of player roles in the join screen e.g. medic /engineer etc

3. Increase air view distance to match ground view distance

4. Get error message when I click Options > Command AI Something about no entry etc (KB only)

Anyone with low pings to Australia, please feel free to visit the OGN :) Just filter for OGN or UGN

Good gaming!!!

Hi mazza,

to 1. I know that this is a problem....but I´am not sure if changing the slot will solve it.I know many player who love the botttom slot....

to 2. In Proman we wont use this cause it would break the gameplay cause as a Medic you can heal yourself allways and as engineer you can rep your vehicle allways. The point in crCTI is to organize a support not to be one.

In Proman you can buy an engineer at the barracks.My Tip is to buy a tank empty and to get a medic + engineer into it as crew...

Plus you can use a bandage to heal yourself once per spawn.

to 3. I thought it allready has this. But maybe you are right and we forgot to take this script into the lates versions... (need to check)

to 4. Its just one file and a small error but as far as i know KB wants to rewrite this complete new.

Hi mazza,

to 1. I know that this is a problem....but I´am not sure if changing the slot will solve it.I know many player who love the botttom slot....

to 2. In Proman we wont use this cause it would break the gameplay cause as a Medic you can heal yourself allways and as engineer you can rep your vehicle allways. The point in crCTI is to organize a support not to be one.

In Proman you can buy an engineer at the barracks.My Tip is to buy a tank empty and to get a medic + engineer into it as crew...

Plus you can use a bandage to heal yourself once per spawn.

to 3. I thought it allready has this. But maybe you are right and we forgot to take this script into the lates versions... (need to check)

to 4. Its just one file and a small error but as far as i know KB wants to rewrite this complete new.

Thanks for the quick reply :) Fair enough for points 2, 3 and 4. But I still think commander should be bottom slot (my opinion) . Or at least generate a pop-up (same as gear menu) once in game that lets them know they are the commander etc

Like I said though I enoy the battles this cti offers, especially on the smaller map.

This will not run. I get this error when starting Arma:

Include file @proman\addons\mk4\showinfo.hpp not found.

@Richardg

Hmmm, ive heard from a guy who had the same problem.He solved it anyhow.

Do you start your arma with a Launchertool ?

If you didnt rename the @Proman folder it should work 100% !

Did you check if the showinfo.hpp is there ?

Hey all

A couple of comments from the KB r 89 version. Not sure if its the same for PROMAN

1. The the purchased AI voices are all very slow (sounds like wrong rpm). I thought it was a beta thing

2. When you shift left-click anywhere in map u go to unit view. Is the hot spot for this too big

Edited by mazza

Hey all

A couple of comments from the KB r 89 version. Not sure if its the same for PROMAN

1. The the purchased AI voices are all very slow (sounds like wrong rpm). I thought it was a beta thing

2. When you shift left-click anywhere in map u go to unit view. Is the hot spot for this too big

1.Are you sure this isnt a patch thing ? We had this yesterday too,so i thought it came with the 1.55 patch.Could be very anoying after a while...

2.Its weird as this worked very nice in earlier versions, so i decide to remove it in proman temporarly till KB changes something....

@Proman

We worked something out for playing vs or with AI Commander.Planes with ai pilots will spawn in airformation allready flying.This brings back the airfights and let the ai commander use his planes vs you....

Will be included in the next released versions.....