Sign in to follow this  
Kovah85

BIS_IAmBeingNaughty

On my dedicated server in my .ArmA2Profile under activeKeys[] I have BIS_IAmBeingNaughty1 and BIS_IAmBeingNaughty2 listed...

What are these? Is this FADE related? It better not be. I purchased this right around launch and haven't given my CD key out or anything stupid like that. The only thing I've done is installed the game on my other computer to use for dedicated server hosting. If this has tripped FADE I will be extremely pissed off.

And if this is not FADE related... then what the hell is it?

EDIT:

I checked on my other computer, the one that I use to actually play ArmA2 and it's .ArmA2Profile does NOT have the BIS_IAmBeingNaughty things listed in the activeKeys... I don't know if this makes a difference.

Edited by Kovah85

I think it's BIS being childish for fun, but I'm not sure (variables and assignments can be named almost anything in programming, and programmers often have a twisted sense of humour). It could just be the names of the anti-cheat registration in the dedicated server software (checking for false keys), but as I said, I'm not sure myself.

Yeah, I'm not sure either. I AM sure that it isn't affecting anything game-wise, as I just I just hosted a game of Warfare BE on my dedicated server for about 8 hours, and played on it for about 4 and noticed nothing unusual or out of the ordinary.

I have noticed this too. I'm in the same situation, legit CD key installed on a second computer to be a dedicated server.

However, recently I've started noticing some weird things on-and-off, like spawning as a bird when I join missions in certain slots, and someone on my server randomly died for no reason on a test map with no enemy even placed on it.

I too hope my server hasn't triggered FADE as I was under the impression you could host a dedicated server without purchasing a separate CD key.

This would be good to clarify. From the wiki under "dedicated Server" it states:

There are two possible ways to install the dedicated server. When you have installed the ArmA game, you can use the main executable (ArmA.exe) with the command line argument –server to start a dedicated server. While this is easy, it requires the ArmA DVD to be present in the drive during server operation and also original serial number. If you want to run a server without the DVD and serial number, you have to use the standalone dedicated server executable.

To my knowledge there is no dedicated server standalone executable at least for the last few versions of ARMA2. This means you would need your key using the above method.

To me that would indicate you would run a risk of activating fade if for example you tried to join your dedicated server using the same key (if you havent tried this, you can actually start arma2 via your usual arma2.exe after starting a dedicated server using arma2server.exe and then join the dedicated server). This always bothered me because in arma I am sure I used to get a duplicate key message when you tried this, but it appears not so with arma2.

Can anyone clarify?

I am currently testing a mission on dedicated server, lucky I have 2 keys, but for testing JIP etc,its nice to have a dedicated server + 2 players for thorough testing.

Thanks

Frosty

Edited by Rough Knight
Clarify post a little

To my knowledge there is no dedicated server standalone executable at least for the last few versions of ARMA2. This means you would need your key using the above method.

Check your ArmA2 installation folder, there is an arma2server.exe file. Also in the beta folder (if you are using it)

Ahh thanks,

So does anyone know then if you can use the arma2server.exe to start a dedicated server then use your arma2.exe to join it without triggering fade?

As far as I can see you should be able to because in effect it isn't any different to hosting a game via the ingame mulitplayer browser.

Thanks again

Frosty

So does anyone know then if you can use the arma2server.exe to start a dedicated server then use your arma2.exe to join it without triggering fade?

yes you can

There is a ticket now at DH here. We expected the same, and still no have any clue of what's happening.

Just noticed we have 1-9 of these on our server as well. Not sure when they were added, I was in to adjust AI accuracy when I noticed. Server and our clients are 100% legal.

Is it result of hacked server or something? Hacker forging servers ID? Noticed its .rpt was once full of html codes. First thought it was some kind of paste error on my part and just deleted it, but starting to wonder.

I don't think we have had any FADE effects, but given I had to adjust AI accuracy - who knows :p

Is it something that should worry us? BIS?

I have that on my server too CarlG.

Maybe due to that server install is same DVD/key as one of my machines (have two and two sets of A2+OA).

I did notice some "FADE" behaviour earlier like aim going all ape-shit after a while ingame (MP on said server) but havent seen that lately - sure hope BIS don't punish people putting up a ded.server in excessive hunt for pirates :(

Hopefully they are 101% sure when releasing FADE in a client but sometimes I'm not too confident with their code management (just look at 1.55).

It appears I am having similar issues and also saw in my profiletextfile in the Arma/users folders that IamBeingNaughty code.

version=1;

blood=1;

singleVoice=0;

gamma=1;

brightness=1;

activeKeys[]=

{

"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty1",

"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty2",

"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty3",

"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty4",

"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty5",

"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty6",

"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty7",

"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty8",

"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty9",

"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty10",

"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty11",

"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty12",

"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty13"

};

shadingQuality=7;

shadowQuality=3;

maxSamplesPlayed=32;

sceneComplexity=300000;

viewDistance=1600;

terrainGrid=10;

volumeCD=6.5;

volumeFX=6.5;

volumeSpeech=6.5;

volumeVoN=6.5;

vonRecThreshold=0.029999999;

I don't know what it is, but with online games the AI does not detect me anymore because of this (I was blaming my own mission scripting so far). I can stand in front of hostile AI and they don't detect me, only if I press the escape menu and minimize the game the AI detects me and I get killed. I tried to setup a dedicated server (with no success) a while ago, maybe that has something to do with it. Other then that I have a legit copy of ArmA that I bought on Steam, so no I am not naughty.

Any assistance on getting this solved would be very appreciated.

So Any info on how this can be fixed? I uninstalled arma yesterday and deleted every trace I saw and did a new install with zero results. The fact that a legitimate user that payed for the game and that does not cheat or whatever can somehow activate a lame DRM is beyond me, this should not be allowed at all. Go to the pirates that crack games in a week and not brake games from paying consumers. This all started happening after playing the f#ing dayz mod, wish I had never installed that crap.

Maybe a Dev can explain how this can be fixed as it is BI that placed that DRM in the game. What did you do Rocket?