Sign in to follow this  
svendejong

Codemasters Expands For Nice New Shooter

Luhgnut;1578322']brand new Ps3 in the living room on a 60Inch HDMI

Nice:D

So why buy one:confused:

Trine is a an excellent PS3 game.

A platform RPG for upto 3 players

That's on the PC as well, perhaps originally.

Trine is a an excellent PS3 game.

A platform RPG for upto 3 players

Wow a whole THREE players?!

I love it how modern games boast they can have like 16 vs 16 player games, and that's a big number apparently, then you go back about 10 years (even further) and you see games for like 32 vs 32, 64 vs 64, or with OFP, whatever your system and the server can handle pretty much. Gaming has taken massive steps backwards over the last few years in everything but the technical side. Gameplay sucks in pretty much everything out there, or it's no different than what you played years ago, it just has shilghty more polygons in the models.

- Codemasters

- Nice Shooter

There is something wrong in that sentence

yeah its suppose to be

Nice... Shooter.

Haha get it? :D

Nice:D

So why buy one:confused:

Well I wanted a Blu-Ray and at the time, it was cheaper to get the PS3 with a great sony blu-ray player in it (Sony does put their best Blu-Ray player in the PS3) and I THOUGHT some games would be halfway good, but they are short, lifeless, and shallow.

Luhgnut;1579273']and I THOUGHT some games would be halfway good' date=' but they are short, [b']lifeless[/b], and shallow.

*Ahem*

Yes, I too have a PS3 that I hardly ever use anymore. My brother makes good use of it instead. There are only a very select few games that I will ever bother to play on a console.

Luhgnut;1579273']Well I wanted a Blu-Ray and at the time' date=' it was cheaper to get the PS3 with a great sony blu-ray player in it (Sony does put their best Blu-Ray player in the PS3) and I THOUGHT some games would be halfway good, but they are short, lifeless, and shallow.[/quote']

Oh true, we'll at least you got one:) I dont even own a console.... but when i eventually do get one its gonna be PS3

I never understood the rules for american football until i played madden, i think thats the type of gaming that PS3 excel at... but if you not into sports then i agree about most all other choices.

But i have watched Killzone 2 being played on PS3 and gotta say it looked damn pretty... even the grit looked gorgeous although extremely over the top scripted action it did show what the PS3 is capable of.

If you looking for a game to justify the purchase then apparently uncharted 2 shows of the power of PS3 really well.

Im the same as a previous previous poster... i cannot use a controller to save myself:p but the keypad mouse option is an interesting prospect.

I'd say that a better choice than Killzone 2 would be Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. It shows more of what the PS3 is capable of than Killzone 2 does. Both of these games are some of the only games I would play on the PS3.

But this is offtopic.

I have a PS3 soledy for PSone games and blueray films... A new codemasters game is not interesting at all, frankly.

Oh, one advantage consoles have... No friggin DRM. The new DRM for Assasins creed II requires that you are online on a fast internet connection as long as you play... Now thats restrictive...

Hm, as far as I know, all current console DVDs and Blurays have some form of copyright protection on them.

Oh true, we'll at least you got one:) I dont even own a console.... but when i eventually do get one its gonna be PS3

Im the same as a previous previous poster... i cannot use a controller to save myself:p but the keypad mouse option is an interesting prospect.

I've tried to use an analog controller and it just doesn't equate. Go too slow, you're dead, go too fast, you overshoot. Mouse/keyboard?.... accurate to a pixel.

Luhgnut;1580687']I've tried to use an analog controller and it just doesn't equate. Go too slow' date=' you're dead, go too fast, you overshoot. Mouse/keyboard?.... accurate to a pixel.[/quote']

The funny thing is that i am acturally pretty at shooting choppers using RPG in GTA(PS2, dunno which GTA that is)

Oh, one advantage consoles have... No friggin DRM. The new DRM for Assasins creed II requires that you are online on a fast internet connection as long as you play... Now thats restrictive...

They don't have DRM yet :)

When the PC gaming scene is eventually killed, and the casual & hardcore pirate then turn to burning console games (which they already are starting to do) then you will see DRM make inroads into the console market.

Aside from piracy, the publishers also want to kill of something that might even be worse than piracy as far as generated income goes: second hand sales. When publishers can negate casual pirates (nothing will ever touch the hardcore pirates but then they're a market that never existed in the first place) and also the second hand sales market, then they will be happy raking it in.

Publishers also don't wish to make games with great replayability either. They want you to buy, then as soon as possible buy another one. It's a struggle of development vs publisher. But, that's another topic :)

The funny thing is that i am acturally pretty at shooting choppers using RPG in GTA(PS2, dunno which GTA that is)

GTA = Mouse/Keyboard for combat, running around stuff.

Gamepad for driving.

I switch back and forth as I'm getting in and out of cars. :)

Luhgnut;1578322']Seriously' date=' I go into Gamestop every once in a while cause a friend works there. I go to the console wall-o-crap and stare at it. I'm actually looking for something that is good that will justify why I have a brand new Ps3 in the living room on a 60Inch HDMI and it never gets used unless it's watching Blu-Ray. I can't find a single thing that isn't kiddy, or has been done over and over a million times.[/quote']

Hint: Stream photos, music & videos from a NAS, rent videos via the store, use the console to watch & record tv, watch dvds and blue-rays... in short use it as a media center that also allows you to play games, too. Especially the ps3 with its build-in blue-ray player, network capability and harddisk (standard 2.5 sata, easy AND cheap to exchange for more capacity) has a lot to offer in that respect.

As others have said already, consoles really shine when you get tired of messing with pc installations for lack of time - or when you want to play with your friends or kids in your living room. In my opinion an altered control scheme (controller vs keyboard/mouse) doesn't make a game 'dumbed down' or 'kiddy like', and there's quite a few games to proove this. Unfortunately there's also a lot of examples on how not to do it - and those are often the ones used for reference (usually pc ports or multi-plattform releases - as you can compare them 1:1 with the pc version). And of course, what makes a game 'good' or 'fun' is in huge amounts a question of taste/mood/circumstances - and as such wide open for (fruitless) debate.

Anyways: No, the new shooter doesn't sound very interesting - there's so many GOOD shooters out there this would have to be an absolute sensation just to be worth being mentioned. If this is Codies last straw for survival... well, let's say the devs should start looking for new jobs.

Edited by Daddl

Anyways: No, the new shooter doesn't sound very interesting - there's so many GOOD shooters out there this would have to be an absolute sensation just to be worth being mentioned. If this is Codies last straw for survival... well, let's say the devs should start looking for new jobs.

Interesting point you make in that last sentence. Now that they're in dire need, CM aligns it's fate to genres that are thoroughly saturated by far superiour products made by developers that are experts in these genres (milsim - BIS, FPS - Dice, Infinity Ward etc). What made CM successful early on was publishing games, not developing them, that were fairly innovative, their only real shot at success. They act like a major football team. We have money, so we can buy people that bring us the (financial) success that we want (/need). That's not how it works, especially not when you have such strong competition and such crappy products.

Their only real project with a chance of success was F1 2010, for which they have the exclusive license, and judging by the development of that, it's going to be at least as much a CharlieFoxtrot as that "Catastrophy of a game that must never be named".

Edited by JdB

Luhgnut;1581716']only problem now is: I can't run on my PS3 because of the clock / glitch that screws it all up.

Apparently thats fixed now; tried updating etc?

(I don't have a ps3 but I have a psp which occasionally needs to be updated.)

Can't wait for more news on this upcoming failure lol

Will be laughin at the hype too. The "it's going to be the best game ever" blah blah

No need to be so critical. For all we know, Codemasters will promise to create the best corridor shooter ever made and will end up releasing a fun sandbox game.

Yes, but one thing that I doubt will ever change is their customer service. That's already a failure in my books. So much so to prevent me from ever buying a title from them again.

Luhgnut;1581716']only problem now is: I can't run on my PS3 because of the clock / glitch that screws it all up.
That should work fine again now (just set the system time again). I didn't suffer from the bug, but then I didn't play a single game during the last few days, just using the PS3 for watching tv and listening to music (and of course F@H). One should assume leap years were something so basic that a proper implementation should be a non-issue - but then we've seen worse with M$, Intel, etc.