Sign in to follow this  
timmy

Does anyone have an airsoft gun

Im thinking about getting an airsoft gun. Does anyone know a good site to buy one off, and which guns are the best for there cost.

Prefer real guns, but if you live in America, you can get them at pretty much any outdoor store. You can also buy them online.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ April 10 2002,01:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but besure to check your state's fierarms law...don't wanna bring a AR-15 into CA. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

just become a cop, buy a bunch of assault rifles, then laugh at gray davis smile.gif

Actually, I beleive that JUST recently, there was a federal law passed in the US that effectively bans the import and sale of Airsoft type guns. I also beleive that it's being appealled at this time. It's legal to own them still, but any transfer of ownership is now restricted.

I personally own an MP5A5 AEG....I love the thing, and I would love to purchase more of them if I could. I got the gun (and several other items) from www.dentrinityshop.com. I've been quite satisfied with their service.

Vor

One of my friends has an airsoft sniper rifle, it's a pretty powerful beast biggrin.gif so you can snipe with it really well. It has a li'lle scope mounted on it (i think it's a x4 scope, not much but it's cool anyway).

The gun's really great fun, if you ask me a rifle is cooler than a pistol, of course you have to decide what you want...

When i go to his place we allways find some stuff to shoot at, put it in his garden and then we snipe that bastard from about 30 meters (not much but it's hard enough with a scope like the one he has).

Airguns are real fun, i prefer an airgun above a real gun, an airgun doesn't make so much noice as a normal gun, airguns are a lot cheaper and you can hunt with them like a real gun or shoot from a long range, they're a lot saver (i once got hit by his gun while "messing around" with it, it hurt fucking hard, thank god it hit me in the side so it couldn't get in my body),...

And i'm too young to shoot with a real gun so i'm pretty happy that i have an airsoft gun.

Ahh, but the best part in airsoft guns is that the 6mm plastic projectile doesn't penetrate skin! That's why you can don your airsoft assault rifle and skirmish with your friends. I must say that after trying paintball and airsoft skirmish, I wouldn't touch those paintball guns with a thirty foot pole.

I think paintball is better.Though the airsoft guns do look cool.

Airsoft guns compared to paintball guns have:

-Full automatic fire

-Realistic clips as opposed to a moronic container

-Working sights

-Smaller grouping of rounds

-Better range thanks to the Hop Up system

-Better penetration of bushes and such

-No air bottle

-Combatibility with real firearm accessories

Paintball sucks. Airsoft O\/\/|\|z U @||... biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ April 10 2002,12:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Airsoft guns compared to paintball guns have:

-Full automatic fire

-Realistic clips as opposed to a moronic container

-Working sights

-Smaller grouping of rounds

-Better range thanks to the Hop Up system

-Better penetration of bushes and such

-No air bottle

-Combatibility with real firearm accessories

Paintball sucks. Airsoft O\/\/|\|z U @||...  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

you have some of that stuff wrong.

paintball guns can ..

-Full automatic fire

-Working sights

-Realistic clips as opposed to a moronic container,but which type of painttball gun you get.

Do you people over seas have to go to a gunshop and get airsoft guns ?

"Working sights"

The high MOI of paintball guns make these useless, whereas a good airsoft gun nicely hits where you're aiming.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do you people over seas have to go to a gunshop and get airsoft guns ?<span id='postcolor'>

In Spain you can buy one in a toy shop.

Why not buy a CO2 BB gun? Much more fun then the airsoft and you don't need a license for them.

I have a pair of CO2 pistols. The real thing is of course more fun to shoot, but I have to go to the range to do that. With the CO2 guns I can shoot in my apartment (not recommended though, they are still pretty powerful).

Airsoft is also a nice subsitute for those who like guns a BIT to much for their own good.

My former roommate bought a G3-SG1 and LOVED it more than anything on earth actually, for several weeks. He'd sit and hold it all the time, or display it on our coffee table when guest would come over (we were at a film effects college, so we could get away with it). Since we lived in an apartment in the middle of a rather large city, going out to plink things wasnt' very feasible. His solution was to set up a mini firing range IN our apartment hallway (maybe 20-25 feet). It worked for the most part, except for the fact that me and our other two roommates were forced to wear goggles when he'd fire (those 6mm plastic BB's seem to keep 100% of their velocity when they rebound, and they hurt like hell from that far away).

Well, he got to the point where he got WAY to comfortable with it in the apartment, which is of course a cardinial sin with any sort of weapon.

One evening, I was sitting talking to him while he sat on our couch, holding the G3 up. In mid-sentence, for some unknown reason, he fired 8 rounds full auto into our ceiling. He just kinda stopped talking, and realized what he did. I sat there, not knowing what to say for a moment. Half of me wanted to yell at him like mad for being such a moron, and the other half just couldn't stop laughing at him.

After a quick inspection (we had a vaulted ceiling, 25 feet or so at the point he fired on) we saw that other than several small indentions, there was no serious damage. Even the indentions were invisible if you weren't specifically looking for them.

I laughed my ASS off at him for several days. Especially when he told me that virtually every round had bounced back from the ceiling and smacked him dead on top of the head.

That little mini firing range was great though. We'd take our old AOL cd's and use them as targets. The guns were powerful enough to actually put a clean "bullet hole" right through the CD instead of breaking it apart. We got a package of little green army men to fire at....they proved a bit more of a challenge to dismember. You might take off an arm or a leg, or if you were really lucky, a head, with a single clean shot. The torso took quite a beating though, and only showed some nicks. We caught all the BB's in a towel we'd hung at the end of the hallway about 6 inches from the wall. A fairly heavy bath-towel would stop the BB's no problem and drop them to the floor in a nice pile. (NOTE: Don't reuse the BB's if you can help it, they WILL ruin your gun if they break in its loading/firing system. Also, visually inspect your BB's before using them...even bags of the most premium grade BB's sometimes contain spilt or chipped rounds.)

Vor.

Paintballs have so much surface area and mass to them that they're subject to wicked spin and curve quite noticably when fired. In my paintball days, I'd almost never aim using the sights. The rounds were big enough that they were like tracers in themselves, you just fired and adjusted, fired and adjusted.

Part of the problem was the CO2 bottles as well. Unless you payed a signifigant amount for a rather high end paintgun, each shot you fired would be subject to slightly different amounts of force, especially as you got low on gas.

Paintballs are incredibly fun though, and I think they'll always rule supreme over airsoft as a wargame tool simply because you can't ever deny you've been hit with one of those things. It hurts to damn much sometimes, and you're always covered in that goo they call paint.

Airsoft requires that you play with truely fair people who acknowledge when they've been "killed". Even then, due to the "tacsim" nature of most airsoft games, sometimes people are wearing so much tactical gear that they legitimately don't know that they were hit. This is especially true for airsoft snipers. I had a friend who popped me 3 times on my kevlar helmet before he finally stood up and yelled at me. I had NO idea he'd hit me up to that point.

SgtVor

Screw that. Go to Nevada, buy some real guns, and have a real-life Counter Strike.

Sure "headshots" will be a lot more splattering, but I'm sure we all have friends we thought about shooting at one time or another. lol

(joking)

biggrin.gif

wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sgtvor @ April 10 2002,17wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...for those who like guns a BIT to much for their own good.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmpf. Yes CO2 guns are a little bit to powerful for shooting at home. Proof: My closet door. Now, I am a decent shot but couple of times I was distracted by the phone and other things just when I was about to shoot (from about 10m)... Result:

myholes.jpg

Here is my little collection of CO2 guns (the P99 in the middle is the real thing). I have another .32 Walther PPK that is not on this picture but looks like the CO2 pistol on the bottom of the picture. You can figure out which guns  made which holes biggrin.gif

threeguns.jpg

Btw,  does anybody have a good suggestion of how to patch up a wooden door? biggrin.gif

LOL i got that gamo one 2 spits out bbs or .177 pellets right biggrin.gif also is that top one the .22 crossman co2 gun ?

The only problem with the airsoft guns in the uk is their so damn expensive also their probably a lot weaker than in the US though here theres probablky less chance of getting shot by the cops if they see u walking around in ur backyard with an "assulat rifle"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Btw, does anybody have a good suggestion of how to patch up a wooden door? <span id='postcolor'>

get wood putty or polyfilla tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ April 10 2002,20:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL i got that gamo one 2 spits out bbs or .177 pellets right biggrin.gif also is that top one the .22 crossman co2 gun ?<span id='postcolor'>

It's not a Gamo, it's a Walther PPK/s made by Walther and Umarex.

ppk.jpg

The other one is a Colt 1911 clone and is 5.5 mm in calibre, which is unusual.

The little Walther is my absoulte favourite (I have it in a .32 calibre version too (not CO2). Very fun to shoot. The CO2 version is almost as good as the real one. Very similar recoil and nice blowback action. Inaccurate as hell, but very fun to shoot smile.gif

There is a gamo one the looks extremely similiar from the first picture only it has a little catch where u flip the barrel up and load it with a fair few bbs so u can shoot semi-auto or u can also load in a single shot .177 pellet or dart also the only other .22 co2 gun i know is the crossman one thats why i was saying smile.gif

http://www.gamo-airguns.com/Pistols.htm

p-23 it is,very good for the price i paid.

Also i have this thing though its not very powerful it is quite accurate and great fun biggrin.gifhttp://www.webley.co.uk/nemesis.php3

Yeah, I know the p-23. The fun about the PPK is that it is blowback operated and you can field strip it. And most of all, you can shoot at home smile.gif And it's bloody cheap. I paid about 90 € for mine, compared to the 400 € I paid for my used .32, which I cannot use at home sad.gif

ppks_zerlegt.JPG

ppk_s_blowback.JPG