Sign in to follow this  
Unkn0wn

Door Breach

HI, I was wondering if it is possible to make a door breachable like someone shoots it with a shotgun and it animates and opens. Activation by the bullet hitting the door and animating the door to open. help would greatly be apreaciated.

I would like to know this as well, but it would be better used with a map with more buildings which you can enter.

Maybe if you check the damage of the door?

If ((damage door) > 0.4) then {door animate ["Open", 1]};

But how does one define the doors name?

I guess you can add the eventhandler "handledamage", it will give you the name and by that you can check selection (if its door) and what type of ammo/hit it is.. and then take action..

but yeah arma2 doesnt have too many enterable buildings :/

Unfortunately a door seems to be part of the building model itself, so you can't really treat it as a separate object. However I know of one way to achieve this effect, but it has one flaw which I will explain. First you need to identify the building object. If you place one in the editor, that's easy. If you use an existing building on a map, then you need to place a game logic location on top of the building with an initialization like this:

ID49262 = position this nearestObject 49262

The 49262 is the church on Thirsk's map, so substitute with the appropriate ID on the map you're on. Also make sure it's a building that has door you can normally open/shut while playing. I think most of the door animations are identified by "Dvere1" and "Dvere2" (it's Czech for door). In the case of the church, the doors are open by default. In init.sqf you can force them closed:

ID49262 animate ["Dvere1", 0];
ID49262 animate ["Dvere2", 0];

Then you can just add a trigger to the map with condition:

damage ID49262 > 0

and "on act":

ID49262 animate ["Dvere1", 1];

Put a man with an M1014, go shoot it, and it opens.

Now the flaw: you can shoot the building anywhere, and the door will open. If there's a way around that, I don't know.

I know this post was las year, but why you dont use a trigger so when you are standing in front of the door the the above code activates?

I know this post was las year, but why you dont use a trigger so when you are standing in front of the door the the above code activates?

That does away with the shooting part of it, making it just an automatic door. An actual breaching system would be pretty sweet though. Maybe for A3?

That does away with the shooting part of it, making it just an automatic door. An actual breaching system would be pretty sweet though. Maybe for A3?

Yes! I hope they actually do it. It would be good if you could use tactics just by command, like the game Swat 4 (if you ever played it.). Wow, so many things in mind for A3!

You can force a door shut by placing it in a loop and then place a small object over the door look.

If you then place a hit eventhandler on the object, when it gets shot you just set it to open the door.

Hi all I like this idea a lot can I simple use this on the double gates as there an object my point is on sangin I have large double and single gates we usualy breach with a charge but that can take out walls and all so bangs to big but this would do nicely as i can script it in the map it self so all comps that have a gate can be breached.

i just tried this and in the trigger condition THIS DAMAGE ID8119 > 0 I added the code but it won't work it says missing ; but I have it the same as in the post above if i take out the space between this and the id thisdamageID8119 > 0 it goes through but then does nothing in game.

Is there an example of doing the above on an object that i could have please thank's or a demo mission on the sangin map 1st wooden gate on compound east of the alamo fob in sangin town for map id way cheers.

Also I have the config for doors can I alter the door damage and gates to allow for breach damage low and script the action in the door config so all doors and gates do it instead of scripts in editor like the door animation itself open door action breachdoor action only opens when shot and damage is 0 default is 50 damage put mine at 5 so shot gun will make it open when damage is 0 instead of pushing open action there will be 2 options on doors if you breach it sets the script above to open when shot and all are locked and shut by default as in real life dont see my whole street with doors gates open

class Land_Wall_Gate_Ind1_L: House

{

armor = 5;

model = "\ca\structures\Wall\Wall_Gate_Ind1_L";

destrType = "DestructTree";

class AnimationSources

{

class DoorL

{

source = "User";

animPeriod = 1;

initPhase = 0;

};

};

class UserActions

{

class OpenDoors

{

displayNameDefault = "$STR_DN_OUT_O_DOOR_DEFAULT";

displayName = "$STR_DN_OUT_O_DOOR";

position = "DoorL";

radius = 10;

onlyForPlayer = 0;

condition = "this animationPhase ""DoorL"" < 0.5";

statement = "this animate [""DoorL"", 1]";

};

class CloseDoors: OpenDoors

{

displayNameDefault = "$STR_DN_OUT_C_DOOR_DEFAULT";

displayName = "$STR_DN_OUT_C_DOOR";

condition = "this animationPhase ""DoorL"" >= 0.5";

statement = "this animate [""DoorL"", 0]";

};

};

actionBegin1 = "OpenDoors";

actionEnd1 = "OpenDoors";

};

class Land_Wall_Gate_Ind1_R: Land_Wall_Gate_Ind1_L

{

model = "\ca\structures\Wall\Wall_Gate_Ind1_R";

class AnimationSources

{

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

I don't have that map. I did get this working on a set of double gates on Chernarus.

If you shout the green target on the gate they should open, also a grenade or explosive should work.

The gets are kept locked so even though you can try and open the gate they stay shut.

You could add a nice sound of someone rattling an Iron gate.

It's a bit tricky trying to get the target in position and your limited on what you can use, nothing really looks right.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mt5xt1

Looking at the config it seems to be using doorl and doorr so it should work, you will have to change the ID numbers to those of the new gates.

Thank's for the info and example just thought might be able to do through the config on map it's self

ill give it a go and see how I go as I can alter the damage and binpbo with new settings for all gates on map to be locked and breachable is the ultimate goal

F2K try the Sangin map it may be small but offers alot in realism and is not like any of the other maps

Thanks F2K that done the trick nice touch now can breach compounds and search and arrest civ swith the other scripts i got working love it thanks

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

If you can, plz show mini examle :)? or video trailer :)?

Thanks!

Hi its on Armaholic just uploaded it now so will show on armaholic in a while its a demo mission with all source included

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

Say what you like about the way they build on Stratis but their doors are rock solid. Neither grenades (thrown or 40mm), nor shotguns, nor 30mm cannon fire will put a dent in them. Any force sufficient to blow the door is sufficient to drop the entire building. I want doors like that for my house! Seriously though, we were breaching doors back in the "Rainbow Six" days in 1998. Did we somehow lose this esoteric gaming technology? Arma has always been primarily about simulating modern infantry combat. Well, breaching is a part of modern infantry combat.

This section is Addon Config & Scripting. You all talking about scriptcode in mission.

In a addon it's possible to move a door, when it's hit by bullets. You need a special selection of this door, hitpoint lod and a entry in your model.cfg and your config.cpp.

I'm not sure, but i think, that the BIS building doors dont have a own damage entry in the model.cfg.