Sign in to follow this  
raserisk

New Monitor = Everything out of wack!

Hello all, just got a new monitor a few hours ago and go into ARMA to configure my new settings and see how it would look like, well everytime I play everything looks all out of wack, like a helicopter had this shiny, fuzzy silver stuff on it, everything didn't pre-render, so when i would look at one part of the map it would render, while everything behind me would mesh or just fade out.

1920/1080 is the monitor resolution, I set both the ingame resolution to that along with the 3D resolution.

Only game it does this on. I will try to get a screenshot later, but everytime I attempt to do one, it takes a pic of the desktop instead. I've tried taking a screenshot using arma launcher to start the game and using the regular STEAM system. For some reason it only takes a screenshot of the desktop, bleh.

Edited by Raserisk

Use fraps to take a screenshot. In windows 7 I have this problem with taking screens lol. Anyway maybe you should post your specs so I have a better idea of what your using to run that resolution.

I know when i push my 3d res to 200% I get a lot of texture popping

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

X2 GTX 260 SLI

I7 920

1000 PSU (For the record)

And I put my 3D Res on my exact resolution...I think that's like 100%

Try deleting (or renaming) your arma2.cfg file (under my documents\Arma 2 directory) then set start arma 2 and setup your settings again.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

X2 GTX 260 SLI

I7 920

1000 PSU (For the record)

And I put my 3D Res on my exact resolution...I think that's like 100%

what was your previous Display? and what refreshrate are you setting the Display too?

Previous display was 1440/900, my refresh rate was 60HZ for that one, and WIN7 set this one to the same as well.

I'll try to get a screenie with Fraps, never used it before

EDIT: arma22010-02-2115-25-47-21.jpg

Edited by Raserisk

Try changing your video memory in Arma 2 to high or very high.

Also try installing drivers for your monitor,and make sure it's set to 1920 on both windows and in arma 2.

And if all else fails, try starting Arma 2 with -winxp... it may help.

Not sure which one of the choices it was, but one of them it worked! What exactly does Video Memory do, and would it reduce my FPS if raised to very high?

Thanks for bearing with me!

As far as I understand, video memory determines the amount of space available to store textures.

If your Gcard has 1Gb or more then you should be able to use VERY HIGH.

Don't use DEFAULT as it seems to be buggy.

Well, I got a 5850 with 1 GB, setting video mem to default gives me the best results;

btw. I get a nice performance boost with the new Catalyst 10.2 in combination with latest DirX SDK (February 2010), running Win 7.

Noticed the same myself. I updated to 10.2 and didn't notice an increase. Then updated directx and got a major AA performance increase.

Yeah, my cards total up to about 1.8GB, so I guess I will use Very High but I'm wondering if this will affect my FPS?

Yeah, my cards total up to about 1.8GB, so I guess I will use Very High but I'm wondering if this will affect my FPS?

You are running with a I7, you shouldn't take much of a hit unless you have a bottleneck elsewhere.

Wrong, your effective VRAM is only 896mb.