Sign in to follow this  
bushlurker

Falkland Islands Map - Ideas, Discussion & Demo Terrains

Why so snippy Chris?

Lol, don't be so sensitive! I'm just taking the piss, it's a joke.

Lol, don't be so sensitive! I'm just taking the piss, it's a joke.

Ah ok... I just thought that since you were rolling out the sarcasm for both George and myself something must be wrong. Must just be your 'tone' :eek:

:D

Why so snippy Chris?

I don't think he's fully recovered from the w/end of drinking due to a mini-squad meet that occurred this past Saturday gone ;) :D

*Going back on-topic - I do hope that some form of Falklands Island map appears at some point :)

Some news.

A 1:1 test of East Falklands was interesting, although the distance took some getting used to.

For MP purposes its just far too big.. for SP its a great air mission map, and this is with a basic texture set etc, no buildings.

I will be carrying out other trials too on other issues but its not a dead idea, but its going to be a slow one

I was gonna chip in that you dont need west falkland but you already saw that!

Goose Green and Darwin, San Carlos, Tumbledown, Longdon and Stanley are all thats needed on East Flakland.

some interesting missions will be: to take out the napalm stores at Goose Green, to nail the air spotters and comms at Top Malo house, to take the mortars and mgs nests out at Wireless Ridge etc.

Simple stuff really.

The FFAA mod spanish weapon crate is perfect - it has some really nice FN's which i like using in evolution - they have scoped and unscoped versions, which have good stoppingpower, and remind me a lot of the UK FN SLR.

I haven't seen a sterling anywhere, but the UKF mod has plenty of gimpies etc.

All we need is a gazelle, sea-king, a super etendard and mirage. all the other weapons, harriers, and landrovers and stuff are available (including the aim9x which the yanks kindly left on the beach at ascension island) except maybe a milan, blowpipe and rapier lol

would love to see this mod developed...

Be advised that a mod has already been done, but for OFP, this means those of us that worked on the old OPF mod are well aware of what would be ideal.

But also be aware that there is no mod here, its likely to just be the island... I already lost over 5 years working on the OFP mod

yeah im only suggesting missions cos I studied the falklands battles as part of RN Defence Studies and I used to be trained by a bootie who fought at goose green. Would be good to use actual scenarios rather than say making an evolution on it...

not sure how many people know, but the existenceof napalm at GG was thereason it was attacked in the way that it was. ifthe argies had dropped this on thefleet instead of bombs and exocets, the whole task force would have gone given the flammable paint problem...

Edited by eggbeast

It was the reason, but they also found that napalm to be in rather poor condition after they took Goose Green.

There some great small and large scale actions in the 1982 Falklands War, and mostly infantry based.

yeah. wd love to play iot in arma. ive got the 7.62 SLR as default rifle in brit evolution mission...

does anyone have a completed east falklands map with roads and buildings on it? please mail me if you do have! thanks

does anyone have a completed east falklands map with roads and buildings on it? please mail me if you do have! thanks

LOL!

Who knows, maybe you can do it. ;)

didnt they recently discover oil in the falklands ;]

Pathy if i knew how to i would snap your hand off! but i have no experience of that type of work and as i understand it the only person who can add roads is the map designer? i would love to have a go but im just a fire fighter with virtually no PC skills!

To "snap your hand off" is a figure of speech meaning "I'd be first in line", you seem to have taken in literally. Down tiger.

How was i supposed to know? :o

It figures. I forgot that you aussies & kiwis use certain words differently than we do over here. I apologize.

Offtopic, you wouldn't be able to tell me why calling an Australian a Tasmanian is the wrong thing to do would ya? I know it is, i just can't figure out why...

It would be very interesting to see a Falklands map in ArmA II - I have a new, personal interest in this because my older sister, whom is a Marine Biologist, is leaving for the Falklands next month to become one of their Fisheries Observers.

There is test work going on and it along term hope of mine, but there was reasons why I did not start much earlier, but as said before this will be a slow preoces, partly due to other external activities

Hello, so the island find I first-class. Is the Project Falklands Iceland still in run?

If big desire had to farm the island, this itches to me in the fingers.

Greeting Hotze

It would be very interesting to see a Falklands map in ArmA II - I have a new, personal interest in this because my older sister, whom is a Marine Biologist, is leaving for the Falklands next month to become one of their Fisheries Observers.

Hello Raven (are you a CDM?)!!! I'm very specting too!!!! and the Argentine PR community (Waiting for PR-ARMA2)

We want to develop the Argentine faction, are you working in this proyect too?

BR

Edited by alexandrei07

There is test work going on and it along term hope of mine, but there was reasons why I did not start much earlier, but as said before this will be a slow preoces, partly due to other external activities

I travelled to the islands last january, so if you need pics or anything else i will be glad to help.

Regards

It is higly unlkely that I will be able to move on with this one, its going to be far too much work for a singleton

Pathy, are you using a soundmod there? That plane flying over sounds great.

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

Would love to see this project go ahead, if there is anything I can do to help I would be happy. I have some limited scripting experience and no map making experience but I can learn!

Edited by Foxhound
Please do not quote images and/or videos!