Sign in to follow this  
meshcarver

Some guns don't register their ammo

Hi,

I've notice a few times now, that some of the guns although having full magazines in the gears, show up ammo as "0" in RED in the HUD. I press reload or fire, to no avail. The pressing fire actually gets the click of an empty weapon. This happens when I change to a different gun in the Trail By Fire in the chopper on the way to the village, and has also just happened to me using US Navy Seal Saboteur... Am I doing something really stupid for this to be happening or is it a know buy as I've searched (Believe me I'v wasted half a day searching...) and have found no refs to this.

Cheers for ANY help guys!

Mean!

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

ps, just to clarify, the guns it happens to on the Trail By Fire mission is called MP5SD6 and I take 6 mags of MP5 ammo from the chopper aswell but when disembarked it's red 0 and dead mans click... WTF is going on..? The other guns are fine...

The mission designer made a mistake. It happens. The MP5SD (silenced) uses 30rnd_9x19_MP5SD (silenced) magazines, but the ones in the chopper are 30rnd_9x19_MP5 (not silenced).

Ahhh..!

Cool, so it's basically just that someone who wrote the mission put the wrong ammo with the wrong gun is it..?

If that IS the case, how and where could I possibly rectify this please..? Also note that this happens with a single unit, UK Special Forces (Addons), so is this changable aswell please..?

Hey, cheers for your help man,

Mean!

You could de-pbo the mission and addon, then edit them (modified versions may cause trouble if you play online). You can also change the weapons carried by any unit on a mission by mission basis using script commands.

Search these forums and the BI wiki for details on how to do this, it's involved and requires a fair bit of knowledge, but all the information is already out there. Have patience and good luck.