Sign in to follow this  
Jedo

Sniper mission - assistance request

I've been trying to make a proper mission for a while now, first for OFP, then ARMA and now ARMA II. The problem is I am a complete noob in scripting and I do not have the time for both learning scripting from 0 and building the mission. As a result I am usually left with an idea and a mission that is about 35-40% complete and it might as well be 0%.

SO: I had an idea and I started building on it not long after the release of Arma II, but have been stuck on the same spot for a while now and it's obvious I can't finish it.

The mission, current name "Sniping Wander", is my stab at a realistic never-ending yet not boring sandbox sniping experience, where a team of two elite Russian GRU snipers are flown into Chernarus at the peak of activity to help fight CDF and the guerrillas (Chechnya VS Russia war type scenario). It is, overall, quite a simple concept and mission really, but there are complications here and there.

I need to know: if I give a detailed description of what I have in mind and what I got so far (will provide the mission file as well), can someone or somebody with experience take the file and finish the mission, for a little release to the community?

If I hear a yes, I'll come back on it with all the information.

I need to know: if I give a detailed description of what I have in mind and what I got so far (will provide the mission file as well), can someone or somebody with experience take the file and finish the mission, for a little release to the community?

Serving up my customers a hustler of the diction

Crushing my afflictions, I’m sick in the mind

Depends on who you ask

And I can do anything depending on the task

:)

Sorry folks, didn't quite know where this one went, considering it is a bit of a mod request.

So was that a possible "yes", schaefsky?

Anybody else?

Now that I'm sober again: you might get more answers if you would describe the task at hand with a little more detail.

OK:

THE PLAN (in more detail):

As previously described: Two Russian snipers get transferred to Chernarus.

1. The battlefield is already divided into 2 areas, one under Russian control (north) and one under Chernorussian control (south)

2. Snipers get flown in by helicopter to a Russian FOB in the middle of the map

3. They report to the local commander (with a dialogue) ; this triggers first objective to be completed

4. Snipers are then given new objective to move south

5. Once the two cross the frontline, the ACM and SOM get activated, the player receives support and the standard SOM random missions (but well spaced in terms of territory and time).

6. Part of the support - player gets a "tomahawk" strike with a rearming period of about 10 minutes

7. Every now and then a primary assassination mission is given (this is the tricky part), whereby an officer target is spawned randomly with bodyguards in one of the nearby cities (or several other designated areas). Snipers have to take him down. After this the standard SOM missions continue.

8. Another idea is to add a bomb disposal mission (you know when they use the rifle to blow up unexploded ordinance)

9. At any time, snipers can return back to the FOB to heal and rearm.

10. Once the player leaves the war perimeter, the ACM and SOM modules get deactivated until the player crosses back.

The mission itself is not supposed to have an "end". It stays interesting to me because of the random factor and because ACM intensity being set to 1.

The mission is meant to be played with one of the sniper mods that add sight adjustment (with windage etc) - not going to be much fun without it.

WHAT I HAVE

1, 2, partial 3, partial 5, partial 6, 9+10

WHAT I DON'T HAVE/PROBLEMS

3 - I used to do ARMA dialogue easy, but ARMA II has some weird system I can't understand at all so even the reporting in has been done via a separate option attached to the officer and once the player reports in the action doesn't disappear;

5 - I don't understand why ACM has a mind of its own , but the enemy land forces just won't spawn. I tried everything posted on this forum and I thought I had solved it, but now the enemy, once again, won't appear. The helis do, but the infantry doesn't - I think the spawning distance is somehow bugged.

6. need to add a respawn time so that this powerful missile is not readily available - spoils the gameplay

7 and 8 (haven't even started on these)

I can send the mission by e-mail if needed

Edited by Jedo