Sign in to follow this  
HarryZhe

what items of scenery are most needed?

For mappers, what is the most commonly needed thing which standard arma vanilla stuff doesnt deliver?

Don't just say which stuff you specifically need, but what the average mapper might need.

Reason i ask,

1. I'll probably release some amounts of environment models for public use down the track

2. I will be working on some tutorials and i thought having a good focus would be ideal

+1 on buildings.

Second, plants of all kinds. Including tree stumps and burned versions.

Third, assorted wreckage and crap (By Eris I'll scream & scream the next time I see that wretched washing machine poke it's ugly face out of that heap of rubble :rolleyes: ). A cow skeleton would be nice.

More buildings with interiors.

+1

And make them ALICE compatible? As of right now don't they (civs) only spawn at houses with closed doors?

Some afghan style buildings would be nice.

Maybe some assorted IEDs? Such as coke cans, footballs, just general litter.

Some afghan style buildings would be nice.

Maybe some assorted IEDs? Such as coke cans, footballs, just general litter.

Hm, why afghan buildings...?

Opteryxy seems to have given some people permission to use his work, as I've seen ArmA2 maps using his objects and his stuff works pretty well.

Plus, Arrowhead is on it's way...

I think military releated objects, but afghan/iraq style, such as FOB objects etc

I'd definitely not get too involved with Afghan-style objects... there WILL be a good selection of quality items coming with Arrowhead, which probably isn't that far away now...

I could fill the page with cool custom object ideas specifically for my current project...

UK phoneboxes and traffic signs, pheasants and grouse, standing stones, sheepshit ground clutter, some simple little whitewashed closed cottages etc etc etc ;)

However - more generally... Marseille77's neatly targetted "German Objects pack" is a classic example... it's all small stuff - litter bins, phoneboxes, bollards, etc... absolutely ideal for adding a touch of distinctiveness as well as believability...

I think there's probably quite a few WWII objects in progress across various mods, so maybe something more along the lines of Marseille77's stuff??

On the vegetation front - how about some proper Jungle Plants??

B

Edited by Bushlurker

like said above : good building ,With AI positions and ALICE compatible.

I'd Love big communist style buildings with lots of entrable room and ~10 floors (may-be just 1 or 2 floor entrable that's enough.)

+ Furniture for a military base: Radios rack, mobile radar, tents with beds for soldiers.

Field hospital with strechers to place injuried soldiers on it.

Edited by luckyhendrix

Stuff which gives you the sense of immersion playing in a living world. Only some examples: DJ equipment, BBQ, beer barrel (full/empty), working fontain, stage with working lightshow (concert), clubs for women to table dance for us... :)

I'm in shock! I may be an American but even I know that the NEW ZEALANDers are the dirty "Sheep Shaggers". If you really want to insult an aussie i've heard calling them a "Tasmanian" does the trick. :p

Uhhmmm... I would love to have a ride-able horse. Imagine: SF missions deep in the mountains, Chedaki Cavalry Charges, perfect for medieval times as well. Also some camels.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

I think, in NZ, that the Aussies are the SS. Every nation has "it's" SS, we have the Welsh for example. But then that's because they really are. If it wasn't for the Welsh we'd probably have the French.

... since we all seem suddenly obsessed with sheep (not necessarily a bad thing), can I just remention my suggestion for a simple sheep-associated clutter model...?

I have a texture... :D

sheep1.jpg

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Uhhmmm... I would love to have a ride-able horse. Imagine: SF missions deep in the mountains, Chedaki Cavalry Charges, perfect for medieval times as well. Also some camels.

the topic was scenery items, so like, static objects.

Having said that, I *really* want to have this in arma as well. If we could get one solid working horse mod it would really open up a whole new "world" of modding. We could go earlier than the 20th century :O

I think, in NZ, that the Aussies are the SS. Every nation has "it's" SS, we have the Welsh for example. But then that's because they really are. If it wasn't for the Welsh we'd probably have the French.

i think you've got it backwards, new zealand is definitely the wales of australia. and i dunno what you mean by the welsh being the ss

ss = sheep shaggers. Yeah I know, confused me for a bit as well. :D

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Scenery... United Nations building perhaps? The pentagon? White House? We could really use stuff like that (Also other countries goverment buildings etc.) for cutscenes etc. Don't have to be enterable just for use as backdrops.

if you could do a horse i would be most impressed as it would open up a world of possibilities and not being attached to the rear but on a saddle.sorry about my attempt at being funny just theres a rivalry between tri-nations but would love to see aussie map with roo's and snakes not to mention great whites.keep up the good work mate. :292:

Trashcans, traffic cones, large boxes (cardboard, metal), filing cabinets, chairs, tables, furniture in general, bottles of assorted substances, Death Stars, the list goes on.

But enterable buildings, certainly more would be lovely.

Won't we get much such stuff with OA?

I'm not a mapper, but what I see quite a few of in vanilla, is objects with really bad fire geometry. Objects you are supposed to take cover behind and shoot back, where you only end up supressing yourself. Ex, Fort_EnvelopeSmall, which are also extremely problematic on slopes, to the point of being unusable for a prone soldier.

Buildings with interiors that allows for a sniper to withdraw into the shadows and still have a firing position.

Multi story buildings with interiors, doors, external ladders and/or stairs, with balconies. Arma1 had better options for z-axis fighting, Arma2 feels very "flat".

• Brick gothic/Romanesque type buildings (older town/city halls, universities, chuches/cathedrals)
  • Neoclassical type buildings for city centers, palaces or historical residences
  • Old style street lamps (parks, historical city centers)
  • Modern style buildings, glass face (Banks, Offices)