This addOn adds a sandy haze to the horizon. Its purpose is to increase immersion and atmosphere in desert maps, which it hopefully does.

You can also easily create a sandstorm with this addOn by simply increasing the level of fog, as the fog colour has been replaced by this addOn.

Sadly, this addOn replaces the sky textures permanently, so you'll have sand even in non-desert maps and that doesn't look cool. But you can easily disable this addOn by using mod folders and a mod launcher, whenever you're not going to play on desert maps.

This addOn also removes the hills from the horizon.

Stormy skies are untouched, only the clear skies have been given a layer of sand.

sandyskies1sb.jpg sandyskies2sb.jpg

I hope you like it. Please let me know what you think. :)

Download link:

Sandy skies (v.1.1)

Edited by Rellikki
New version

Simple, yet elegant :) The sky looks very "deserty" with this, which is great with sand maps. Very good for movies and/or cutscenes too.

Sandstorms would benefit of an ambient wind sound module of some sort, hopefully one of the soundmakers will try it out?

I'm not a big fan of dessert map's, but this really looks damn awesome. ;)

This is great, Relli!! Thanks for the work.

I also wonder if there exists something like a snow storm script or addon already somewhere?

I also wonder if there exists something like a snow storm script or addon already somewhere?

AFAIK NIM Weather ported to ArmA2 (by Binkowski) has one.

And good job, Rellikki. Creates a great atmosphere.

Rellikki, no joke here, but this is ACTUALLY my fave mod for ArmAII. It increases the immersiveness a million times! Exelent work mate! Its perfect for my campaign im working on. Cheers bud!!! :D

This is great, Relli!! Thanks for the work.

AFAIK NIM Weather ported to ArmA2 (by Binkowski) has one.

And good job, Rellikki. Creates a great atmosphere.

Yes, NIM weather addOn has also got sand storm effects. You can use it along with this addOn for even better effect. :)

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone. I'm glad you like it. Also, thanks for the mirrors, Foxhound and Old Bear.

Hi!

It not works with the Maps Avgani and Afghan Village.

lg.Mike

I think avgani and afghan village have their own custom sky textures. Correct me if im wrong...

@Mike-USA

Well, I don't know what's that about. If it's working for everyone else, you might have installed it incorrectly. Also, make sure you don't already have some other sky replacement or similiar addOns, because this isn't compatible with them.

@All

I've been experimenting some more with this and tried a decreased amount of sand. Here's a comparasion between the outcome and the original version:

oldfog.th.jpg newfog.th.jpg

oldminfog.th.jpg newminfog.th.jpg

Personally I think this is much better and I believe some of you might prefer this new version too. What do you think? :)

@Mike-USA

Well, I don't know what's that about. If it's working for everyone else, you might have installed it incorrectly. Also, make sure you don't already have some other sky replacement or similiar addOns, because this isn't compatible with them.

Avgani and Afghan Village really have their own skies, as Schancky said.

(Atleast they did in ArmA1, so unless anyone edited the islands, they'll still keep their own sky textures in A2)

And the new version is definitely way better!

Ok Thanks

Perhaps one can make this Mod also for Avgani and Afghan Village.

Lg.Mike

Sadly, this addOn replaces the sky textures permanently, so you'll have sand even in non-desert maps and that doesn't look cool. But you can easily disable this addOn by using mod folders and a mod launcher, whenever you're not going to play on desert maps.

Tested and looks awesome, i created a profile called "Desert Maps" in my A2 Launcher and included this mod, really easy.

Yea, nice Addon, whit used Quesh-Kibrul Island comes this Really GOOD !!! :bounce3: