Sign in to follow this  
eble

IkaR's F14 comes to Arma2

The Afterburner.sqf had something weird: _looptime = time;

So the afterburner equation were based on time since the server started, leading to an ever increasing afterburner intensity and boost.

After removing this, I set everything to the same values as the GLT F-16 by Myke (_MaxIntensity, _Boost, _Intensity, fuel consumption and the constant in the equations calculating intensity and speed).

I also added both ACE_hasAfterburner = 1; and hasAfterburner = 1; in the config.cpp. This allow the use of the ACE cap locks afterburner key. I didn't set any visual effect for the ACE afterburner since my goal was only to fix the functionality of the afterburner.

Edited by noorm

do you have perms from the author? if not , it's best to ask him .

thank you for the fix anyway :)

I can remove all links on demand.

I saw that the last post by Eble was in february. I'm not holding my breath!

@noorm

although every improvement is surely welcome, having proper permission is vital. Eble is still very active in this forum so a PM would surely reach him in a reasonable time.

Don't get us (me and Fox'09) wrong, we welcome your effort, just pointing how things work in this community. Keep it up.

Shouldnt be a problem, as far as I know Eble has stopped all work on the F-14 anyway because someone else is doing a completly new one, and he is busy with other projects like the TIE Fighters.

There is update for this and the F15.I havnt sent the update for the F14 yet though.

The ab is fixed along with a few other things and some wep work.

I have been busy with other mods so i'll get onto him as soon as i have a chance.

I love the F15 it just get this _plane error every time it spawns.

Great to see something on it thanks

Hi Guys,

I've got no problems with any updates that further improve or in this case actually fix the many problems these addons have.

Due to work commitments I'm not able to spend anything like the time required maintaining/updating and finishing the addons I originally converted for Arma1.

The only thing I would suggest is we maintain an absolute base version and build from that with any changes.

Last thing we all need is 10 versions of the same addon with different features.

Southy (Eble)

There is update for this and the F15.I havnt sent the update for the F14 yet though.

The ab is fixed along with a few other things and some wep work.

I have been busy with other mods so i'll get onto him as soon as i have a chance.

any new about those update ?

:)

any new about those update ?

:)

Guess some one didn't see the forum rule about digging up old post.

This thread is not 4 months or older but in fact he did break the "Asking for news" rule.

Is there a list of Classnames somewhere? Download came with only .Pbo, no readme. Thanks. Great addon!

To gather classnames in the editor do the following:

create a trigger, Condition Radio Alpha, repeatedly.

In the on act. field write this:

hintsilent format ["%1", typeof (vehicle player)]

Also place the vehicles you need to gather the classnames. Then go on preview, board a vehicle and press 0-0-1 to activate radio alpha trigger.

This will give you a hint on the upper right corner with the classname of the vehicle you're actually in. If you're not in a vehicle it will give you the classname of your own unit.

Hi,

How can I swing the wings for static position on the flight deck of the USS Nimitz for example?. What do I have to put in the init- line?

Thx

Tino

Edited by TBuck

@TBuck... someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think its possible to control the angle of the wings on this particular addon. I had tried figuring it out myself not too long ago, but the wing animations are bound to the vehicle's speed as their source, and not the user, so I don't believe it can be scripted.

Thanks JDog.

For the Su-33 it's very easy: this animate ["wing",1]

Damn :(

Update!!!

Damm! I just read all 15 pages to find out I can't sweep the wings! Least the top gun vid was good for a laugh.

I'll look into it to see how hard it would be. I updated this for myself awhile back and made an ACE version (personal use only. Sorry trolls no bait for you). I'll report back if I get it working then we will see about permissions thing.

If you did, and all works well, you would make alot of people happy.We all know what the masses are like when other parties are working on their addons. "It comes out when it comes out." But we can't wait, can we?

Edited by alext223
addon

In the next release you will find a F14 called 'F14 US Navy Legacy(CAP)'

this jet has the texture layout for the original IkaR's F14 legacy paint schemes like below.

The addon already includes these under 'ID' folder in the PBO.

The texture for these is infact the OFP texture, it holds up really well considering how old they are, the jets actaully look well used etc.

[img ]http://users.adam.com.au/southstar/F14legacy.jpg[/img]

[img ]http://users.adam.com.au/southstar/F14legacy2.jpg[/img]

[img ]http://users.adam.com.au/southstar/f14legacy3.jpg[/img]

the other legacy paint shemes are here 16 in total including those above

[img ]http://users.adam.com.au/southstar/F14skins2.jpg[/img]

[img ]http://users.adam.com.au/southstar/F14skins.jpg[/img]

What Version are these in? I have 1.5 and the only Legacy skin I have is the VF-2 Bounty Hunters.

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 AM ----------

Looks pretty clear from the video that the F-14 employed both wings and tail as ailerons, making it pretty damned responsive (but not as good as the F-16). Love that movie "Final Countdown," where the F-14s are playing with the zeros (everything on them hanging down

to maintain control at close to stall speeds).

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

I meant wing mounted ailerons in addition to individually rotating the tail planes.... argh.

It may not be as manuverable as an F16, but keep

in mind how big the tomcat is, making it very manuverable for something it's size.

Edited by Foxhound
Do not quote images!

Wooo, I love this plane but i got a problem. When i place it down it says that

no entry 'bin\config.bin/Cfgweapons.CMFlareLauncher'

then when i get ingame, My arma 2 crashes and say:

Bad version 50 in p3d file 'ikar_f14_ir\ikar_f14_gbu_12_racs.p3d

Can anyone help me?

sounds liek you are using just arma2.

the addon needs OA or combined ops for the countermeaure system

sounds liek you are using just arma2.

the addon needs OA or combined ops for the countermeaure system

Oh okay thanks mate. Looks like i wont be flying this nice bird.