Sign in to follow this  
Kovah85

Dedicated Server Help.

Okay, so i've gone and set up a dedicated server, using the proper .cfg files and such. I can see it in the list of games, but it appears to be using the wrong ports.

I have specified the default port of 2302 to be used through the -port command line, yet it seems to use a random port each time. My last attempt had the server on port 50313.

And I'm assuming this is why when I try to connect to it through my other computer I get stuck at the 'Waiting for Host' screen every time.

So what is happening here? Why wont it use the proper ports that I'm telling it to use?

If you use a default port you dont need to specify it. When hosting a you allso need to open port 2302 -> 2305 in your router.

Include in server.cfg

reportingIP="arma2pc.master.gamespy.com";

You can allso have a look in the RPT files that the server creates for tips, might be you forgot somthing in your cfg files that the server "disagrees" with when starting up

i've opened all the ports in my router. I've included that in the CFG. I just can't connect. I've done everything I am supposed to do. I've looked at just about every guide about this on the internet.

The server should show up in your server browser with the gamespy line.

Jman made a pretty good guide for makeing a dedicated server

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/tutorials/dedicated/

If you miss something like a " or a ; or { or } in the cfg files the server will get a hickup so check all possibilities or just simply copy the tutorial cfg from the guide and use it just to exlude any mistakes made.

If everything else is correct i would suspect the problem to be with the router.. pull the power to it and restart it first of all.

Hope you get it working or a more knowlegeable person comes along and has the answer :)

Edited by cri74

that is actually the guide i used. I pretty much copied the cfgs from that. There are no errors in them. This is simply another issue.

I can see the server in the server list when I go upstairs and use my other computer. But when I connect to it, it just says waiting for host and doesn't do anything else. When I look at the port listed in the server browser of my Arma 2 launcher, the port is always in the 50000 range. Random each time I start the server.

My friend was able to connect to the server. I'm not sure what's going on here.

Try switching your server port to a different port maybe.

Your friend was able to play a mission you staded in the "class missions" or he's just get the message connecting - >connected?

The mission in the class missions loaded and he was kicked off because his mods didn't match. I can't even get that far. When I try to connect it doesn't even show up on the server console.

EDIT:

He is now able to connect and play the game. I am still unable to connect even while he is in the server. I do not even register as trying to connect in the server console.

HAR HAR. I just figured it out. I had to connect using this computer's NETWORK IP. I am an idiot. I didn't think of that until just now.

Thanks for trying to help me out.

Edited by Kovah85