Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

Footmunch Friday - Sukhoi Su33 Flanker D

Do you want to get replies from people, using this addon together with another addon messing with the EHs, saying "Your planes aren't working right!" ?

If yes, XEHs aren't neccesary ;)

Gnat;1575149']

"other addons that might add things" ..... hmmmmm yeh well .... ok.

Hehe..i know, badly phrased from my side. It's just, doin it will keep your plane probably compatible to any addon that would come up and that has the potential in it to mess with BIS Eventhandlers.

Look at it this way: if your addons don't work as expected when used together with addon XYZ, people may avoid using your addons in the future as "they are known to have problems".

It's surely or at least probably not the case yet, but it could become. And it would be a shame if people would avoid your excellent work, mate.

Hell, I figure we ought to be happy that BIS fixed that issue. The question is, now that the landing gear are a mute issue, what do you intend to do with them? Oh, and that is a very scary scripted plane you've got here. I set up a dogfight with 3 flights of three, turned the AI up, and things got very damned interesting even against 4 F-14s with the AIM-54s. You know, I can't for the life of me see someone releasing something that specifically clashes with the BIS XEH's. That'd be silly.

Is it just me ... or on external view... Is the camera un usually close to the back of the plane?.... Feels a bit stiff on the controls I feel

Gnat;1573431']Thanks Guys.

@MehMan

As Rock said' date=' its Friday where I am ;)

[/quote']

Doesn't count. :p

Great addon thanks a million, i was getting worried if arma would ever be a good place for flying but now im sure this is a not true. Thanks.

The handeling of the plane is great but i have a problem sometimes with loosing alot of airspeed when cornering. ie. if your dogfight with 2xSU33 both planes will fall to a speed around 220KM/u and the plane will stall resulting in a crash. At the time this happens the after burner does not help at all!

@Wolfbite: no strange closeup of the plane here! Maybe you have to press the right mouse button to en/disable zoom?

Gnat;1573641']Right. Thats [kitchen missile] for another release ;)

Thanks!

Why the Kh-22 "Kitchen"? The giant missile that the Su-33 has been seen carrying is the Kh-41/3M80 Moskit, which I would think would make more sense to add.

On another note, are you planning to add other weapons like the Kh-25ML/MR/MT/MTP or the S-25 rocket (which can be carried in pairs on hardpoints 3&10) or any of the RBK bombs? I'd really like to see the Kh-25, as it's sort of the Russian equivalent to the AGM-65; the Kh-29 is more like the GBU-15 or AGM-123.

I really like that you added the KAB-500 bombs. OPFOR needed something they could pull out the laser designator for.

Edited by Xeno426

When I say "another release", I mean another airplane that uses the same weapons addon ;)

Kh41 was in the pack, removed, plan to put back later.

RBK? I'll look once i finish holidays

I've tried putting the KAB-500s on the Su-25, but they sort of hang below the hardpoints with a fair gap.

th_KAB500.jpg

Is there a way to fix this in code without doing anything to the model?

On a side note, I found a nice image from the KNAAPO brochure that shows the various weapon loadouts the Su-35 is capable of. The updated Su-33M would be capable of operating many of the guided weapons listed on the card, in addition to the RVV-AE (R-77).

The image can be found here.

I do not know what the second "Long-range air-to-surface missile" is supposed to be (the first is the Kh-41), but the "Long-range anti-radar missile" would be the Kh-58 and the "Air-to-ship missile" would be the Kh-35. The "LGB-250" is the KAB-500L, and the various bombs of 250kg and 500kg represent any bomb of those weights (RBK-250, RBK-500, PB-250 retard bomb, ODAB-500, BetAB-250, BetAB-500, BetAB-500Sh, ZAB-500, and ZAB-250). It would also likely be able to carry lighter bombs like the FAB-100 and SAB-100 candle bombs. The weapons of real interest would be the Kh-31P or Kh-25MP (for SEAD mission), PB-250 (for low-altitude attack), ODAB-500 ('cause fuel-air explosions are cool), the RBK bombs and perhaps the ZAB incendiary bombs.

Edited by Xeno426

@Xeno426

The model of BIS are differently modelled than Gnats model, This goes for planes but also for weapons aswell.

It's a special way so that plane-wise "one size fits all" in terms of weapon loadouts. BIS didn't designed theyr models in that way, don't ask me why.

At least, for us addonmakers it means, we just need one model of the plane and all weapons fits without problems. But this excludes BIS stuff from using it the same way.

So is there any way to hotfix it, like telling the game to zero the proxy model a little lower than normal?

So is there any way to hotfix it, like telling the game to zero the proxy model a little lower than normal?

There is no "fix" since nothing is broken, just don't use BIS weapons on this plane.

There is no "fix" since nothing is broken, just don't use BIS weapons on this plane.

You've got my problem backwards. I'm trying to use the KAB-500 on the BIS Su-25 model.

please help ..i got an error when i place plane on the map i saw it crash from ground........

i had to place empty one and other soldier to ride it .....

please help ..i got an error when i place plane on the map i saw it crash from ground........

i had to place empty one and other soldier to ride it .....

You need ArmA2 using this addon i guess. ArmA2:OA standalone doesn`t work.. :o

Su33 Released - Feb 2010

AO Released - June 2010

..... I think that explains the situation. ;)

You need ArmA2 using this addon i guess. ArmA2:OA standalone doesn`t work..
..... I think that explains the situation.

that`s sad news :( but thanks anyway

Long overdue .....

See first post

Beta 3 - ArmAII version

Su33_5.jpg

Su33_6.jpg

Su33_7.jpg

Su33_8.jpg

Su33_9.jpg

Sukhoi Su33 Flanker-D

New Features:

- Removed "tidy" actions

- 5 Loadouts using Missilebox

- GPS/INS System targeting system

- Flares added (per many requests)

- other tweaks

Required Addons

GLT/FRL Missilebox

CBA: Community Base Addons for A2, OA and CO

Gnats SU-33 flanker is very best addon,but its airbrakes function automatically when reducing speed so can its airbrakes be turned to manual?

Well done Gnat, this so far is the best OPFOR fighter on A2 platform. Tested, it's a beast.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!