Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Topics you are sick of seeing

I like to think I'm a pretty easy going guy, but after a couple of months at this forum there are certain topics I'm just plain sick of seeing:

* Scary picture: that f**king pic/flash animation of the room where the face pops up and screams. Funny first time; mildly amusing second; boring third; annoying fourth; infuriating fifth

* .50 sniper rifle debate: can it penetrate an MBT/does it belong in OFP (comment - a worthwhile discussion, but done to death)

* After Montignac: yes, it is quite a challenging mission. But do you really need to post ANOTHER thread asking how to get through it? See that little thingy up the top of your page: it's called a search button. It allows you to search topics already posted on this forum. Saves repetition.

* Scud: no you cant f**king aim it. See above about the "search" function.

* 3D glasses: they're great, they're wonderful, they revolutionize gaming as we know it. Great. I dont think we need 20 threads in every forum (Offtopic/general/news) to tell us this.

*Israel vs. Palestine: OK, this at least looks like it has been contained to one (BIG) thread. But strangely enough, anything vaguely related to either of these countries (or "terrorism" in general) seems to turn into a spam war about this topic, and then getting closed. (Actually, you can count bashing of any country in this category).

Please feel free to add any that you can think of, or tell me I'm being an asshole. Either way, I just had to get those off my chest.

I agree on the Israel & Palestine threads. It's such a big pain in the ass to see more threads about the same subjects that have been discussed about 191901890218902189038903289083903281903189083190183328903289032890382902839083290832908398

928903289032890328902809832908329032890328903829032809380932902380932890327984376987426748

5654708624874284327 times.

Not so much topics im sick of, but something i am sick of is peopel that leap into flames/debates but dont actually have any information on the matter and are rather ill informed.

Topics that im sick of seeing are - This gun is cool! or vote on which of these guns is cooler!

Sure there are some cool looking guns but by now I think ive seen every gun in existence, and everyone has theyre own opinion on these things so it goes like this..

Poster 1: this gun rocks look at it!

Poster 2: *pays no attention to the first post and posts a picture of his favourite gun* This gun is the bomb!

Poster 3: Go to this link, this gun is way better than those guns

Poster 4: This gun was used in 2 wars its the best in the world

Poster 5: no no, my country uses this gun, tis the best!

etc etc etc

Not quite what you were asking but I'm sick of seeing posts, especially in subjects headers, which have no resemblence to english. And I mean no disrespect to the non-native speakers. These people who think a string of letters and symbols is communication drive me up the wall.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This forum rocks ! My |33+ sp33ch 0\/\//\/z @||.<span id='postcolor'>

I won't even attempt to read these posts.

Polls that ask "What do you like most about Operation Flashpoint ?"

Must have been discussed a million times. I'm also sick of all the C-130 plane topics. They post "We desperately need this plane", as if they were unable to play the game without it.

They should really make a forum for those over 21, and require some ID to verify it. Mature audiences don't blend too well with little kiddies who constantly whine about wanting nuclear weapons.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ April 09 2002,19:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Polls that ask "What do you like most about Operation Flashpoint ?"

Must have been discussed a million times.  I'm also sick of all the C-130 plane topics.  They post "We desperately need this plane", as if they were unable to play the game without it.

They should really make a forum for those over 21, and require some ID to verify it.  Mature audiences don't blend too well with little kiddies who constantly whine about wanting nuclear weapons.<span id='postcolor'>

Grrrrrr, I never liked those threads where two weapons from two different countries are compared!

Grrrrr, I never liked when threads were posted just because someone felt: I need to post a thread now

Grrrr, I never liked when people open a thread just to show one single flash-animation or yoke-page they found!

Grrrr, I never liked when two threads about the same topic were open at the same time!

BUT I LOVE POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS!!!!! And the Israel thread is a good thread without excessive spaming nor bashing! biggrin.gif

No topic bugs me. If a topic heading doesn't interest me I simply don't click on it and move down the list. wink.gif

I cant stand the "vote for your favourite ....." polls and the "which is better, t80 or Abrams".

I do however enjoy debates as long as it doesnt turn to personnal abuse

No more topics with names like "Why Americans scare me" mad.gif

There just stupid and pointless and show the member who posted it to be a complete moron. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They should really make a forum for those over 21<span id='postcolor'>

Please die and burn in hell wink.giftounge.gif

So, since I'm 18 that makes me a little kiddy who can't carry a rational debate?

The only threads I don't like are spam or flame threads. If I see a thread that doesn't interest me, I don't bother looking at it. So I see no need to bitch about it in a new thread. biggrin.gif

I am always up for a good debate on anything, even if it's not a debate and just personal opinions, it's interesting to see what some people think.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I never liked those threads where two weapons from two different countries are compared! <span id='postcolor'>

Then don't read it. smile.gif Weapons have no nationality for a gun nut like myself, I love 'em all. Smart people will compare the mechanics/faults of a weapon, dumb people will say it is better because it is from their country.

Oh well......

Tyler

Weapons have no nationality for a gun nut like myself

the problem is that this board is crawiling with the :

"this is what is used on our (country) military, the rest of you all suck and your weapons are fucking weak.. etcetc"

Oh shut up already. I like all the topics. I've you don't like the title of a topic, then don't read it. Everybody has different opinions about the topics, and mine ar the best wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gorgi Knootewoot @ April 10 2002,09:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Everybody has different opinions about the topics, and mine ar the best  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Some people have better opinions than others. tounge.gif

Personally I think this thread is dumb. This is a public forum for all OFP fans regardless of they are n00bs or l33t <---- ("ghey" lingo). I do not criticise people's rights to post pretty much whatever they want as long as it is not too offensive, but I do have the right to respond with my own opinion. If you don't like a thread don't read it. I don't like anti-American threads nor anything that AdvocateXXX has to say, so I just avoid reading them. As for the age limit thing, some of these younger dudes are much more polite and mature than some of the older people. Who are just narrow minded and anal-retentive. If people want an certain addon or mod, let them speak!

USSoldier, I agree...

What I am trying to say is if people spend 30 seconds searching for a topic before they post a new one, they can save a helluva lot of repitition.

If it's something like "how do I get past After Montignac" or "how do I aim the Scud", there are more than enough threads that already answer these.

For the big .50 sniper rifle or Israel vs Palestine debates, there are already lengthy and established threads for these topics, and they can read exisiting comments so that when they add their own they already see some of the points raised.

I wasn't rying to exclude anyone from the forums with this topic, just save some valuable real estate on the already crowded and bandwidth stripped forums.

I totally disagree with making this an over 21 forum, there's plenty of OFP players under this age, and many have wothwhile input.  smile.gif

The one that put me over the edge and started this topic was someone posting that "what is wrong with this picture/screaming face" thingy again.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ April 10 2002,03:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Weapons have no nationality for a gun nut like myself

the problem is that this board is crawiling with the :

"this is what is used on our (country) military, the rest of you all suck and your weapons are fucking weak.. etcetc"<span id='postcolor'>

this is what I basically meant!

I have found these "We need an (insert any weapon)" - threads very futile.

Other thing that gets to me is these ten pages long arguements about wich is the best gun.

Of course, none of those arguing have ever actually used these guns, (Barret .50...) but since they have seen it on tv or read some Tom Clancy book about it they feel very solid about themselves.

Then there are some members in this forum who have major difficulties in typing... Counting typos is great phun.

My english ain´t so special either since I speak finnish.

...Yes and then there are few "True Patriot Americans"

They usually go a bit out of the line with their narcism.

Don´t know are they joking but they make themselves look quite moron. No offence.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gorgi Knootewoot @ April 10 2002,08:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, and mine are the best  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Say: "Cheese!", Gorgi! biggrin.gif

I think everyone has to decide for himself what he likes and wants to read or not. If I`m offended by a topic I simply ignore it. Even if people do so with some of my topics, that`s no reason for me to be sad. Everyone has his own taste.

The stupid repetitions of some questions could be avoided if this forum had a working search engine.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ April 10 2002,02:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">USSoldier11B: ..I don't like anything that AdvocateXXX has to say<span id='postcolor'>

Me ?? Whadd I do ?

Topics to avoid:

-SAS vs Delta vs SBS vs SEAL

-5.56 vs 7.62 in combat

-Andy McNab vs Chris Ryan

-Any other topic no one on this forum have any usefull info about.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote (USSoldier11B @ April 10 2002,02:51)

USSoldier11B: ..I don't like anything that AdvocateXXX has to say

Me ?? Whadd I do ?

<span id='postcolor'>

Just giving you a hard time because you are such a sour puss. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 10 2002,16:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The stupid repetitions of some questions could be avoided if this forum had a working search engine.<span id='postcolor'>

Agreed, it doesn't seem to find anything in the more recent posts. I think this problem has existed since the last major upgrade of the forums (where it was down for a couple of days). I posted a topic about this, and most people seemed to agree.

However, things like After Montignac and Scud show up, being old threads. smile.gif