Sign in to follow this  
ron533

Hiding the "user connected/disconnected" messages possible?

I find it very annoying when I try to read a message sent by a user or by HQ in game,

only to see it last less than a second and then gone by the server announcing

multiple "connections/disconnections" of users with all the long info of their mods.... :mad:

It interrupts the gameplay and is just a pain in the eye... :eek:

Is there a way to hide it, toggle it on/off??

Maybe move it to another section which wouldn't interfere with in game related messages?

Thanks!

Edited by ron533

I must agree, there have been alot of times when important messages have been completely lost because of un-needed messages.

Maybe something can be done about it :)

If you've missed the message, open your chat window (Default key: / ) and then use the Page Up/ Page Down keys to scroll up and down chat history.

Not quite what you're looking for, but it gets the job done and you can always go back and get useful information.

If you've missed the message, open your chat window (Default key: / ) and then use the Page Up/ Page Down keys to scroll up and down chat history.

Not quite what you're looking for, but it gets the job done and you can always go back and get useful information.

Thanks for the tip :)

Though it is far from what I'm looking for...

In MP missions in the heat of the battle it's nearly impossible to get it fast enough, and new messages keep pushing the old one's...

there's a need to switch it off, or at least separate it from the chat box, so these messages wont interfere with text sent by HQ or other players.

anyone here is up for the task?? or is it too complicated it should be BIS job??