Sign in to follow this  
SilverSonic

Sidestep??

Ive noticed that you can do a side step. Does anyone know the keys to do this, everytime I do it I dont mean too

Same here xD

I also have no idea how to do it. I know it's some kind of combination, like "W,W,E,W" or something.

Welcome to the forums :)

Move left/right, then at some point press shift, that's closest to what I remember on how to reproduce it.

if you look over your key binds, you will notice there are 2 keys even assigned to it. BUT, they have not been working for a LOONG time. Dunno why BIS removed those.

I had a brief look over the animations, and there are 4 of those types of evasive animations: for all 4 directions. The idea behind it is pretty good, not sure why is not properly implemented. The current behaviour seems to be a leftover

Haha, I also was shocked to see myself doing some odd new animation that I couldn't repeat, think it was this same sidestep. I guess it's some animation/action bis failed to fully remove during developing the game.

hmm, i think i managed to do it by double tapping the a or d keys but i cant get it to do it again...

There were similar animations in Arma as well... They were even implemented for AI by the FFN Replacement Anims Mod... Made it fairly tricky when the AI sidestepped into doorways and around corners! A favourite mod of mine at the time, it made the AI more unpredictable under fire...

There was a YouTube video about that... a search for "FFN Arma" should turn it up...

I'm also fairly sure there was a discussion once before about sidestep keys - even a little video... ages ago back in the early A2 release days... somewhere on here... Might be worth a forum search...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

You have to be sprinting to get this to work in my experience.

Double tap 'w' to get into a sprint, then as soon as you release 'w', press either 'a' or 'd' to do a sidestep. It does require some good timing, but it works.

I'm pretty sure at one stage the side-step (in one direction only) could be bound as 'Evasive Forward'. May have been patched out since I suppose.

Simon C has it right, try it

I takes some time to learn but you can do the sidestep this way, it isnt really practical in the heat of the combat tho

Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start works for me

Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start works for me

Are you sure that isn't some GTA cheat? lol