Sign in to follow this  
arb

Afghanistan Green Zone 10km Island WIP

Help please! :)

Would I need to create a folder called Expansion on my P: drive to extract the OA plants etc to?

Many thanks

Edit:

seems its not possible to extract an OA pbo? using PBO View.

Edited by arb

Hi Arb!

Got Arrowhead, huh? Excellent! Best get a quick blast now... once you get your hands on the objects you know you'll be modding 24/7 again!! :D

Anyway - having been away you'll have missed all the whining and tears over the OA unpacking tools ;) - the OA .pbo's are a different "version" from A2 - so most of the PBO tools didn't work... there was a wee flurry of updates and they're now mostly working OK - I think.... You'll probably have to reinstall an updated version depending on what tool you normally use...

Theres a thread about it...HERE

Personally I'm using the newest version of Kegetys' CPBO... part of his OA-updated ArmaTools package (watch out for his photoshop .paa plugin tho - DON'T use that!)...

Some people seem to have issues getting CPBO installed - was fine for me (Win 7 x64), and its a breeze to use - doubleclick any PBO to unpack - right click any folder and choose "make pbo" to repack....

Alternatively, I'm pretty sure theres a few other updated options.... check that thread anyway...

More generally, though I haven't tried using OA objects myself yet (they look silly in the Scottish Highlands ;)), theres been a bit of discussion about using them, OA dusty roads, etc in the Islands Editing section... I'd take a little time and do a search of that section with the keyword OA - read thru anything that turns up... you'll probably find it all relevant...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

try Eliteness?

hmmm, just tried it, it opens it but can't see how to extract it.

You need to catch up on your forum reading ;) especially the Visitor3 section.

Latest version of ArmA PBO View works.

The expansion pbo's end in a "_e". You still place these (de-PBO'ed) inside your main P drive CA directory.

Good Luck!

Edit. oops, let this thread sit in my browser for too long before replying ;)

Edited by [APS]Gnat

Hi Arb!

Personally I'm using the newest version of Kegetys' CPBO... part of his OA-updated ArmaTools package (watch out for his photoshop .paa plugin tho - DON'T use that!)...

Some people seem to have issues getting CPBO installed - was fine for me (Win 7 x64), and its a breeze to use - doubleclick any PBO to unpack - right click any folder and choose "make pbo" to repack....

Alternatively, I'm pretty sure theres a few other updated options.... check that thread anyway...

B

Thanks guys,

I just get a dos window pop up and vanish with CPBO.

New version of PBO View works fine Gnat:)

Anyway going to have a play before I get stuck into the island again.

Anyway going to have a play before I get stuck into the island again.

Good idea. Play some before all that toil in V3 ! ;)

.... and just maybe BIS will re-release the tools before you warm up.

all,

Can someone give a clue as to the whereabouts of the OA trees pbo?

Many thank

---------- Post added at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

it's ok, stupid me, i missed tree directory in plants_e yesterday for some reason.

---------- Post added at 15:26 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

Update :yay:

tried out some OA walls, building and trees....

oa3.jpg?t=1282141373

oa2.jpg?t=1282141427

oa1.jpg?t=1282141445

Trees

oa4.jpg?t=1282141784

Quite happy with the look.

Edited by arb

looks very nice mate, one thing though, with alot of the current afghan maps its either super flat, or insanely hilly (ie takistan lol) think you could have something inbetween? some decent variation in terrain for good cover for the inf, but nothing major... if that makes sense lol..

either way this is now my most anticipated map for OA :)

best of luck.

Great looking map, and he 3 Rifle troops look awesome on it. Can't wait for the release, also happy to beta test if you need it. :)

Very nice. Will there be some places for custom made FOBs etc?

Loving it. Looks so unique. I just wish those OA trees werent so damn UGLY. They have a serious LOD issue...It's basically if your any farther than 30m from them...they turn all blurry. :/

I wish there was an alternative besides OPX Plants.

looks very nice mate, one thing though, with alot of the current afghan maps its either super flat, or insanely hilly (ie takistan lol) think you could have something inbetween? some decent variation in terrain for good cover for the inf, but nothing major... if that makes sense lol..

either way this is now my most anticipated map for OA :)

best of luck.

Green zone flatness should be countered by profusion of trenches, canals, low walls and hedges.

That'll do arb that'll do :)