Sign in to follow this  
arb

Afghanistan Green Zone 10km Island WIP

arb: please check the grass I see in your wip shots - I'm using the same "autumn" grass for new Panthera and this type cannot be "crushed" to ground by rolling on ground?

it does on mine when you roll.

before:

flat2.jpg?t=1269007206

After:

flat.jpg?t=1269007178

I'm using clutter: "ca\plants2\clutter\c_GrassAutumn_t.p3d"

Edited by arb

It's the same grass. Just before and after rolling in it.

Hey arb sorry i aint been around since thursday but its been a hetic few days

No worries, i been busy too, i have had another look at doing irrigation ditches and I think I have almost got it to work without having them visible from the air like a wall. :)

dark horse...those pics are amazing! thanks for posting, sorry to go off topic but they are simply brilliant pics.

Hopefully will get an fob in place like this one...

Hopefully will get an fob in place like this one...

omg dude..that would be sweet..way better then i could have thought of..however if you need any help im here!

Arb, i have a question.

After showing this mapp to a friend, he asked me:

This great map will be featured on a Mod or will released the map to every one like other islands?

Ty in advance :D

BTW...Awesome JOB!!

Hey arb sorry you aint seen anything from me recent i have been reteaching myself how to model but expect some stuff next week becuase i have next week off work :):yay:

Ps. arb thats looking bloody fantastic

Arb, hugely looking forward to this. Was particularly pleased to see drainage ditches making an appearance and from the recent screenies the micro-terrain is something sadly lacking in most maps. One quick suggestion reference compounds, is there any scope to have some walls with loopholes for use as firing points?

I know, without community this game would be dead in 14 days :)

Every game without a community dies in 14 days :p

Hey arb sorry you aint seen anything from me recent i have been reteaching myself how to model but expect some stuff next week becuase i have next week off work :):yay:

Ps. arb thats looking bloody fantastic

No worries, looking forward to it, I'll send you over the breachable wall tomorrow.:D

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Arb, hugely looking forward to this. Was particularly pleased to see drainage ditches making an appearance and from the recent screenies the micro-terrain is something sadly lacking in most maps. One quick suggestion reference compounds, is there any scope to have some walls with loopholes for use as firing points?

It is highly possible.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Arb, i have a question.

After showing this mapp to a friend, he asked me:

This great map will be featured on a Mod or will released the map to every one like other islands?

Ty in advance :D

BTW...Awesome JOB!!

not a mod will be an island like all others

This is looking absofreakinlutely awesome. Been playing a lot of custom missions on Razani using CAA1, but looking forward to having some more varied Afghan terrain that has all the Arma2 prettiness, the insane level of terrain detail only looks to make it even better for infantry and small arms combat! :D

Roll on the search and destroy missions!

So.

Cannot.

Freaking.

Wait.

:D

arb it looking better and better "as a ex forces who been to afgan "you are doing a great job keep it up

arb it looking better and better "as a ex forces who been to afgan "you are doing a great job keep it up

Im liking it too but im heading out there friday, my last deployment with the forces thank fuck for that then i get to sit at home with my feet up and chill.

From what iv seen its pretty close but if there is anything you need to know or want any advuce on sumat hit me up and ill get back to ya as soon as im near a computer in bastion.